The online racing simulator
What do you do for a living?
(114 posts, started )
i just thought it could be interesting how ppl go along.

im myself work as a truck driver for the german red cross, no not ambulance but collecting food for the poor (from supermarkets, bakers ect).

now im about to look for a second job (400€ job for the germans) to have a lil more income since i can barely live right now D:

what do you guys do?
what do you work as?
are u happy with ur job? (i am, except for the income )

btw...i did search but not find anything, but if a topic like this already exists feel free to link me to it
Would be much more fun to guess what each other did for a living... :detective

nearly impossible to do tho
a guy who is a pc nerd on this forum could well be a doctor or something...2 different worlds ^^
You're thinking of Dygear.

Okay okay, just thought it might spice things up.
I work at the danish CMS CNC router dealership.
I go to our customers in all of Denmark to service, repair and setup new machines. Once in a while I travel to tha CMS factory in northern Italy to check if a new machine is OK, at the same time I get some training, if there's new features on the machine, since I normally teach the customer how to use the machine after we set it up at their location.
The last 13 month I have travelled 50000km, beside the work hours at the customer, but I have allways liked to drive so it's not a bed thing. I get paid the same whether I'm in the car or working at a customer.

The CMS machines kan work in at lot of materials such as wood, fiberglass, stone, and aluminium. The last machines we delivered is making aluminium parts for the Fisker Karma.

Good thing about my job: It's rare that 2 days are the same, I don't go to work the place every day(unless setting up a new machine) and I almost never have to do the same kind of work 2 days in a row. Sometimes I'm looking for an electrical problem, sometimes it's mechanical, dosn't matter I can fix it all(sometimes I have to call for help )

Bad things: Long hours, sometime away from my kids and wife for several days/weeks. I can't allways go to mettings in the school, it's not possible to say when I'm home. Not getting paid enough
I work for a Stockbroker, finding and fixing other people's mistakes.

No, I don't get to wear a stripey blazer and shout 'BUY!!' and 'SELL!!!' down the phone.
oh, I do that except I just pick numbers from the phone book.

I may or may not have caused the global economic recession of 2008.
Part owner of a marketing agency of 8 people. Full time graphic designer for 6 years now but for the past few years I've been moving more and more into photography.
I suck the blood of my parents with a straw
I work for these guys.

The biggest builders merchants in the UK, which is owned by saint gobain, and run under the SGBD (saint gobain building & distribution part of the company) in the UK, SG is a french company that has masses of companies associated with it worldwide, made 1.1 billion euros in profit last year.

I currently work on the trade counter serving builders daily, but sometimes go out in the yard and do forklift and manual labour stuff, which is also fun, but, starting next week, we are starting tool hire, which im going to be heading up, have done all my PAT testing training, LPG and healt h and safety courses, all i need to get now is my digital tachograpgh and towing license sorted and ill be away, delivering stuff like diggers and dumper trucks to the builders of east anglia, i got a brand new van and everything, i cant wait!
I spent about half my working life at sea as a ships engineer, most the rest of the time I worked in industrial engineering.
Also spent about 35 years as a volunteer in my local fire and rescue brigade.

Spent quite a few years doing laps around various speedway and bitumen racetracks on sidecars and in sedans, flew aerobatic aircraft for a while.

Quite happily retired now and enjoying spending time with my wife, pottering around in my garden and playing guitar and singing at local clubs.

Oh, and trying to shave that last half second off my LFS laptimes.
I work with 3D graphics. I'm currently in the gaming business and I get around a lot. I mostly work with TV commercials.

I love my job - been doing it for more than a decade now.
#13 - Jakg
Depressingly - exactly the same as the last time this thread came up. 3 years ago.
I'm Postman Pat, either by car or by bike. I also work for Easyway.nl: I drive leased cars from garages, dealerships or customers to garages, dealerships or customers. It's a great job and I get to drive all kinds of cars
I sell Meth and Heroin.
#16 - aoun
job no.1 - manager of a hotel/bar
job no.2 - security guard for pubs/clubs/bars etc
job no.3 - freelance graphic designer.

when i think about it, i spend my time in job no.1 getting people drunk, then in no.2, getting rid of them for being drunk.
#18 - JJ72
I sleep with fat ugly lonely women.
I earn my livings working as a airconditioner mechanic/ventilation mechanic?

Am i satisfied with my job? partly yes...i get experience and don't sit my arse fat behind monitor .
But do i see myself doing the same after 10 years?....definately not.
For 8 years I was a mobile service technician for neurology equipment doing 50000 km/year.

Since almost 3 years now I'm working in a hospital as a medical technician. If any (patient-related) equipment in the house breaks, my phone rings...

Do I see myself doing this in 10 years from now? yes!
Do I see myself doing this in 20 years from now? hell yes!
Quote from rediske :For 8 years I was a mobile service technician for neurology equipment doing 50000 km/year.

Since almost 3 years now I'm working in a hospital as a medical technician. If any (patient-related) equipment in the house breaks, my phone rings...

Do I see myself doing this in 10 years from now? yes!
Do I see myself doing this in 20 years from now? hell yes!

Medical technician? Do you work with kardio bikes and other training machines by any chance? If so, it could be pretty much possible you already seen one of the machines my firm I work at produces
We do have all sorts of physical therapy devices... (ergofit, proxomed, prontomed etc.)
Same as Jacg and i'm bored as hell..
And most weekends as circuit/drifting instructor. Makes me some good money to
Quote from rediske :We do have all sorts of physical therapy devices... (ergofit, proxomed, prontomed etc.)

So I'll guess you work at CPDU?

Because that's where we (Proxomed) ship many therapy devices to in Duisburg.

(114 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG