The online racing simulator
Vw scirocco [when?]
(86 posts, closed, started )
Scirocco isn't a S3 car.
Ah, lol well
I'd do you regardless of S3 <3
When the Devs have figured a apropriate financing/sponsoring - model I´m affraid...

I think they are still looking for a big comercial partner. VW obviously did´nt play the game to the end... I guess.

How many active players are there? a few hundret, not more. Not enough to pay the development. Take a piece of paper and calculate. They need a big big brother to get further with this beautyfull project.

That is my guess... not more... Dandy
#34 - Jakg
Quote from Dandy Dust :When the Devs have figured a apropriate financing/sponsoring - model I´m affraid...

There is no "financing". Scawen has said in the past he does not believe in paying for the rights to use cars in LFS, when effectively he is actually advertising their products.

Normally he gets cars in exchange for something - i.e. the MRT to let the FSAE guys test setups (and wings from memory), the BF1 for the F1 thing, and now the Scirocco / Rockingham for the competition they were running.

Do you really think we'd be at a stage with a good quality imported model, interior textures, good physics base etc if there was a strong risk someone could pull the plug and make it all in vain?
Didn't they do the Scirocco for that one competition on the GamesCon (2009..) ? Rockingham is used to let visitors drive the track in a trackside exposition. We don#t if there is anything else currently being brewed.

But the Devs seem to be a bit picky when it comes to new stuff, remember when Palatov Motorsports offered usage of their DP1 and DP4? We never got to know what happened but now their is a official DP4 mod for RFactor
Well, Devs don´t say a word.

Nowadays DEVS of all kinds have bloogs about progress and so on.

Actually, when the Scirocco was first announced I didn`t know the word

bloog...hehe.

To say this: I don´t find anything wrong with trying to earn money on your products. REALLY!!!

I think selling S3 to the active (lets say) 1000 Drivers, who would buy it immedeately would bring approx. 50000 Euros. That is nothing for three guys, for all that work. really really!

They need very good settings for the launch. Partners. Public relations.
I am shure they don´t want to play roulette on this issue.

I can give the DEVS the telefonnumber of RedBull, maybe THEY have some ideas...like:

A public league with RedBull-TV involved and such...

I would like to habe 120 full servers on my screen. LFS is ready for that...

Just thoughts, Dandy
-
(aroX123) DELETED by aroX123
Do not you think that there are threads like this, Scawen will not read it? Ride to have fun and do not discuss, something that three years have already discussed the 10000000 time.
Quote from cargame.nl :I think 11-11-11 is a funny date actually.
Hhhhmmmmm

hhmmm.... And if you take the color code, it is black.
And 21 - 12 - 12 it is black color.
If Eric is at all active, then it's foolish to believe that he would only finish one car in three or four years. That said, I find it hard to imagine that Scawen can support a family with what he makes from LFS (Although, who said Mrs. Geraldine can't work?).

For me, S3 has become one of those unrealizable childhood dreams (like becoming a F1 driver). As great as it would be to some day have the S3 dream realized, you can't expect it to happen. I do wish we could receive a report on Scawen's tyre physics. The last report (February?) made it sound like he was so close to finishing the physics.

Could be worse though, we could all be sucking up shit from the dev's asses thinking it's chocolate cake because we're in some money sucking subscription based haze.
#39 - Jakg
Quote from Rappa Z :(Although, who said Mrs. Geraldine can't work?).

Geraldine now works for LFS "full time" in a customer support role afaik
2012 is also LFS's 10 year anniversary, so who knows if the devs will be biding their time and just release everything in 2012?
I don't give a shit about Scirocco either Rockingham. Scirocco is just another TBO and TBO is a street car class, not proper racing car class, what real racing simulator needs. For example leading racing simulator, iRacing, have only one street car and 15 other cars are built for racing. In LFS(w/o Scirocco) half of the cars(10) are racing cars.

And Rockingham, meh, It's just another Kyoto(without awesome KY3 indeed) for me. Boring racing track, which have dull oval section. Devs should rather focus on fictional tracks, which have been really awesome in my opinion. Same for cars - I don' think the time which have been wasted on Scirocco had point. Ofcourse new tire physics is necessary, but it's another thing.

LFS should keep that fictional line. Even fictional cars can be cool, I can't see any bad thing on this as far cars are original, not copied from real life and given some another name on it.
Quote from TypeRacing :I don't give a shit about Scirocco either Rockingham. Scirocco is just another TBO and TBO is a street car class, not proper racing car class, what real racing simulator needs. For example leading racing simulator, iRacing, have only one street car and 15 other cars are built for racing. In LFS(w/o Scirocco) half of the cars(10) are racing cars.

And Rockingham, meh, It's just another Kyoto(without awesome KY3 indeed) for me. Boring racing track, which have dull oval section. Devs should rather focus on fictional tracks, which have been really awesome in my opinion. Same for cars - I don' think the time which have been wasted on Scirocco had point. Ofcourse new tire physics is necessary, but it's another thing.

LFS should keep that fictional line. Even fictional cars can be cool, I can't see any bad thing on this as far cars are original, not copied from real life and given some another name on it.

Agree with you there. Fictional stuff is much more fun. Driving in a real life track in a game does nothing for me. I don't get a trill or anything by doing that, the track I can watch in any given motorsport on the TV. A great fictinal track which purely either focus on great entertaining, or racing, is a better choise. I want to drive on something I have never seen before.

But in the end I would be happy with anything, but I have never been a "it must be official lisenced stuff, or it will suck" guy.
I´ve done some 300000km on LFS and I must admit that I hove become a little bored by the existing cars and tracks.

That´s why at least asking for the promised comes to ones mind, when wishing for new cars&tracks.

I allways stated that I would pay for substatial LFS-Extensions...

Dandy
Quote from x-fi :When will the VW scirocco release?

Never. Sadly, LFS is a dead game which is not developed any more.
Quote from Senninha25 :2012 is also LFS's 10 year anniversary, so who knows if the devs will be biding their time and just release everything in 2012?

Early 2012? We don't play that game anymore.
Quote from Kristi :Early 2012? We don't play that game anymore.

I think LFS was first released in late 2002, so there's not much of a need to make wild guesses now, really (and my hint was a wild guess itself). And stop being so pessimist, you pessimist you.
Quote from Senninha25 :I think LFS was first released in late 2002, so there's not much of a need to make wild guesses now, really (and my hint was a wild guess itself). And stop being so pessimist, you pessimist you.

Yea it was around september. I just wanted to refer to early 2009, which hasn't came yet.
probably it
Quote :added Fri, Sept. 6th, 2002 3:23 PM
There is a new full version 0.1B!
No patch from version 0.04, you have to get the full version. But there's a nice surprise or two in there... To keep your settings from 0.04 versions you will need to copy over the following files : cfg.txt
data\misc\cfg.sta
data\misc\fkeys.msg
data\misc\drv.nam
data\settings\*.set
Please report any problems you come across, in theory it should be more reliable and has worked well under testing. Hopefully no more ghost players and wierd bugs...
Have fun!

This thread is closed

Vw scirocco [when?]
(86 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG