The online racing simulator
New and free [racing game]
(11 posts, started )
Driving Speed 2/Pro/Lite

Might be one more for the Aussies, the basic game consists of 2 tracks, Bathurst and Adelaide, 5 cars, A9X or XB coupe and 3 more modern HSV cars.
The AI is top notch, the drivers can actually see your car and will brake and attempt to avoid you if you get into trouble.
There is also a multiplayer side to it, for online or LAN racing against your mates. BBQ, Beers and Bathurst, what more could you want?

Also has a Pro version huge cost of $9.95 US, appears to have those awesome V8 utes included.

Just installed the basic free version tonight, been having a ball around Bathurst in the XB Ford.

Wow, they even have a lite version for you ipad fans.

http://www.wheelspinstudios.com/products.html
#2 - TiJay
Looks pretty good actually, will give it a go when I get home
DS2, I used to have a gameplay of it on my own youtube channel... It's more like an arcade racing game than even a semi-sim... It's still fun though.
just downloadet, installed it, played it, and uninstalled it....
I didn't like the feel of it..But hey it's free give it a try
It's decent, feels a bit like Rfactor, but it's good to see an Australian racing game out there. Hopefully they will update the multiplayer soon and add some cars.
I tried it and almost instantly didn't like the steering...

The cars with the black windows reminded me a lot of LFS' early years though...
I found the steering much better after I remapped the linear sensitivity, pays to increase the dead zone for the brakes a little too.
Quote from shorty943 :I found the steering much better after I remapped the linear sensitivity, pays to increase the dead zone for the brakes a little too.

May I ask what did you set it to? For me the steering seems to me a bit shallow around the center, although the linearity is set to 1.0.

Overall the game is quite fun, not an ultra-simulator but not bad.
#9 - TiJay
It's a good fun game, great if you're bored for a few minutes here and there. Reminds me a lot of Race Driver 2 and 3 Keyboard steering is a bit slow with no way to adjust...
Quote from Flame CZE :May I ask what did you set it to? For me the steering seems to me a bit shallow around the center, although the linearity is set to 1.0.

Overall the game is quite fun, not an ultra-simulator but not bad.

I set the linearity a up a little to 1.5, that seems to have fixed it with my Thrustmaster wheel. Probably could still go a little higher but I find it's decent enough now.

TiJay
I liked the original version of Driver, haven't even tried 2 or 3 yet., I did find an old copy of Ratbag games World of Outlaws Sprintcars today, that's fun again too.

post your laptimes around Bathurst in the old XB coupe guys. I got a 2 minute 37 second lap last night.
Downloading right now.

The screenshots look pretty impressive. Is it me or some of the texture's even have bump maps? Does look like that on some pics.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG