The online racing simulator
I think Pearcy now owes several people £20 each, surely?
Whys that?
You were betting money with anyone who would listen that it wasn't Lewis' fault because he's better. He'd admitted it was his fault. Therefore you lose...?
I said earlier it was mainly lewis's fault, and i wasn't betting about whos fault the incident was either, how could you bet on that? You just woken up tristan?
#180 - CSF
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :If you think Button's driving is the best way to go winning a championship, why don't you put your money where your mouth is, £20 that Lewis finishes above Jenson in the drivers standing at the end of the season, you actually got a slender headstart, we can keep the proceeds or give it to the others charity, your choice.

Someone's reading skills seem to be lacking today.
"After watching the replay, I realize it was my fault today 100%. I didn't give Kobayashi enough room though I thought in was past."

Phew. Thank you Lewis you just made this thread 6 pages shorter to read in the end.

I'm baffled by how the FIA can screw up that much the DRS zone length with all the data that must be available since Australia. It's quite simple math to figure out where to put the damn line IMO.
Watched the race... epic race with Kamui Kobayashi and Lewis Hamilton.
And im suprised that Nick Heidfeld has fired from Lotus-Renault F1 and
they put Bruno Senna to behind the steering wheel
He is not the best change... look that dive at T1!!!
So sad by J. Alguersuari, who got a good grid, but the result is Not Classified,
thanks to the help of Bruno .

So, see you in Monza.. i guess that McLaren will win that, because it has horsepowers in its engine.

Trouble with Hamilton is he's got no driving sense. He doesn't know how wide or how long is Car is.
He doesn't know how to look after his tyres. And he can only think about the lap he's on. All that makes him an exciting driver to watch. He's just more prone to mistakes by driving that away. That's why button will be above Hamilton at the end of the season.
I was wondering why Newey looked so emotional post race...looks like ReBull is going out of the recommended camber limits set by Pirelli. They took a huge risk with the right front blistering and he was pretty stressed out about this. I guess he had some Senna memories in the back of his head during the first stints.

http://gpgvid.com/2011/08/28/n ... s-spa-tyre-blister-worry/
Maldonado is now my least favourite driver. Not only did he get away with deliberately ramming Hamilton off the road, he has a cheek to come out and slag off Hamiltons driving after the race while claiming to be good friends with him. Hamilton ended his own race, and definately killed off any chance he had at winning the championship, it was a racing incident and had more to do with him being stupid than being aggressive.

The biggest problem with Hamilton was that he jumped straight into a front running car, he needed a season or two in a slower car to make his mistakes.
LOL@Podium
Webber and Wettel picks up their bottles after the photo.
Webber: "-This is empty, gimme my bottle back."
Vettel: "-Hmm, did Adrian drink it all?......."
Vettel: "-Oh, a sip left."
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :The causing factor in both accidents was the lead driver not checking his mirrors, kob wasn't alongside most of the straight at all, he ducked back in at the middle for some slipstream, to me kob was trying to do something that wasn't possible, but if i had to put the blame on someone it would be more lewis for moving left and not checking his mirrors and they weren't alongside kob touched lewis's rear wheel, whether they were braking or not makes no difference, lewis didn't actually change his line in the braking zone, he did it before. Racing incident just like canada was but you've just shown yourself to be contradicting.

You are just showing that you have no idea about racing. Let's use this term ''causing an unavoidable accident''. That's pretty simple right? Doing something that no matter what the other driver does causes a collision.

In Canada Button did take a line that was towards the left side of the track right after a corner. When he took that line Hamilton was behind and had time to react to that move. (try to overtake from right, withdraw, etc.) He had a choice to withdraw and live to fight another day or to try overtake from right. He CHOSE to go for the gap in left but didn't make it. Button didn't alter his racing line much and all the time he drove towards the left side of the road.

Here we have a situation where Hamilton had DRIVEN the ENTIRE straight on the right side and then when he starts to brake suddenly makes a move to left. I know it doesn't seem like a too sudden move but it was enough. Koba was already braking and couldn't have evaded the collision no matter what he did because he was already braking. (assuming he'd stay on track)

Both accidents could've been prevented if the driver in front would've left room. That's where you are right. But the thing is that Button was in front and had chosen his line already so he didn't need to look in the mirrors or leave room because he was driving straight and as a driver in front was allowed to choose his racing line first. Button did not cause ''an unavoidable accident'' because Hamilton could've avoided it but Hamilton did cause an unavoidable accident because nothing Kobayashi could've done after he saw Hamilton coming straight for him would have prevented them from hitting each others.

I have you a little video here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z48QsD1H0sM

Look at 1:11-1:13. Notice something? -Kobayashi is side by side with Hamilton. Why is that important? -Because it means that according to rules Hamilton has to leave room for him. Was Hamilton in Canada even close being side by side? -NO.

Hamilton even said himself after watching the video that he was to blame so why are we still arguing here?

And no, I won't bet anything against you. How do I know you'd keep your promise even if you lost? I'm quite sure Button will be ahead of Hamilton but there's always chance he won't be because of luck, team or maybe Hamilton starts to learn from his mistakes or has a stroke of good luck. I'm 90% sure you will not pay me anything so why would I bet against you and give you money if I lost when I most likely won't gain anything if I win?

Completely agree with ATC Quicksilver
You don't think it was a racing incident though, after looking at a few angles i'm starting to feel it was more kob's fault out of both of them at the point of contact kob had the better view of where lewis was and lewis gave him enough room for a sauber, he still had the kurb to go on and at the point they touch kob was turning into the corner, not something you do when someone is a 1cm from your front wheel. Theres no set rule about how much room you have to give, lewis gave him a sauber sized space which is fair but risky on lewis's part and it ended badly.

One thing i will agree on is that Lewis cuts it too fine sometimes, gives people just enough room, driving the car/tyres on the edge and one small mistake on his or the other drivers part it can end badly but i still don't think that's a bad quality, sometimes you need to be aggressive to get the results and i'd rather him have this style than buttons, it's more exciting and even with the mistakes it causes i think it's a better championship stratergy.

You don't know if i will pay you, all i can do is assure you i'm a man of my word i wouldn't be able to show my face again if i didn't, either driver could have mechanical failures or bad team decisions, that's the risk, but you won't need to worry if hamilton is as bad as you think he is. You can slag hammy off all you want but i've not found a person willing to bet against him yet
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :You don't think it was a racing incident though, after looking at a few angles i'm starting to feel it was more kob's fault out of both of them at the point of contact kob had the better view of where lewis was and lewis gave him enough room for a sauber, he still had the kurb to go on and at the point they touch kob was turning into the corner, not something you do when someone is a 1cm from your front wheel. Theres no set rule about how much room you have to give, lewis gave him a sauber sized space which is fair but risky on lewis's part and it ended badly.

One thing i will agree on is that Lewis cuts it too fine sometimes, gives people just enough room, driving the car/tyres on the edge and one small mistake on his or the other drivers part it can end badly but i still don't think that's a bad quality, sometimes you need to be aggressive to get the results and i'd rather him have this style than buttons, it's more exciting and even with the mistakes it causes i think it's a better championship stratergy.

You don't know if i will pay you, all i can do is assure you i'm a man of my word i wouldn't be able to show my face again if i didn't, either driver could have mechanical failures or bad team decisions, that's the risk, but you won't need to worry if hamilton is as bad as you think he is. You can slag hammy off all you want but i've not found a person willing to bet against him yet

I think it was Hamilton's lack of concentration that caused the incident. They were racing so you can call it a racing incident or whatever but if Hamilton had survived the crash he would've 100% sure gotten a drive through penalty.

You think there was sauber sized space? Kobayashi drove STRAIGHT and Hamilton hit him. Koba was alongside so he shouldn't have had to evade Hamilton and he most certainly did not cause the crash. Lewis was inside and didn't even know Koba existed and you're saying that he left Kobayashi enough room? Come on. Aggressive and stupid are not the same thing. If you don't know someone exists how can you drive aggressively against him? This is like talking to a 5-year-old who says everything his hero (in sports) does is exactly the way he meant it and that the hero never does anything wrong.

Since you haven't found anyone to bet against HAMILTON I'll bet that VETTEL will be higher in standings after the season than Hamilton. How's that?
You said Jenson was the better driver, they're in the same car so it's fair and you actually have a headstart. Put your money where your mouth is!

And yes he did leave him a sauber sized gap, considering it was kobi's front wheel hit lewis rear, he not doing much to help by turning right is he? still had some track and a large amount of kurb to use.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :You said Jenson was the better driver, they're in the same car so it's fair and you actually have a headstart. Put your money where your mouth is!

And yes he did leave him a sauber sized gap, considering it was kobi's front wheel hit lewis rear, he not doing much to help by turning right is he? still had some track and a large amount of kurb to use.

Those pictures of yours don't show anything relevant. Kobayashi didn't turn in. He rove straight. Hamilton did Maldonado move to him. Just watch Kobayashi's front tires in the video I posted. Hamilton comes at Kobayashi not the other way around. Hamilton's rear tire hit Kobayashi's front tire because Kobayashi braked earlier and was going slower than Hamilton. Just watch the video. That picture doesn't prove anything else than where Hamilton hit Kobayashi.

And if I want to bet I'll bet against someone I know who will give me the money if I win or I'll bet in a trusted betting company. Not some arrogant nobody who just wants to prove a point. To be right you don't have to bet on it.
Quote from Juzaa :Those pictures of yours don't show anything relevant. Kobayashi didn't turn in. He rove straight. Hamilton did Maldonado move to him. Just watch Kobayashi's front tires in the video I posted. Hamilton comes at Kobayashi not the other way around. Hamilton's rear tire hit Kobayashi's front tire because Kobayashi braked earlier and was going slower than Hamilton. Just watch the video. That picture doesn't prove anything else than where Hamilton hit Kobayashi.

And if I want to bet I'll bet against someone I know who will give me the money if I win or I'll bet in a trusted betting company. Not some arrogant nobody who just wants to prove a point. To be right you don't have to bet on it.

The pictures where there to show that kobi did have some room to play with and he chose not to, and he did turn right at the point of impact, you can see it on the video for yourself, you can tell he's turning right because the front tyres are further away from the white line than his rears. You can't call it a stupid move because every driver does the same thing, i even saw rosberg do it today but he didn't hit the other car, slight misjudgement from hamilton that wasn't helped by kobi.

I don't know if you will pay me either and yes i do want to prove a point, that your full of shit, taking £20 from you would make it even sweeter, just shows that even you don't believe in what comes out of your mouth.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :The pictures where there to show that kobi did have some room to play with and he chose not to, and he did turn right at the point of impact, you can see it on the video for yourself, you can tell he's turning right because the front tyres are further away from the white line than his rears. You can't call it a stupid move because every driver does the same thing, i even saw rosberg do it today but he didn't hit the other car, slight misjudgement from hamilton that wasn't helped by kobi.

I don't know if you will pay me either and yes i do want to prove a point, that your full of shit, taking £20 from you would make it even sweeter, just shows that even you don't believe in what comes out of your mouth.

Wait..now you're saying Kobayashi should have turned away from Hamilton while braking. Because of...? So everyone should just evade Hamilton when he crashes them? Do you know what happens when you try to turn when braking hard? Your tires lock and you don't turn at all. When you are braking you can not turn the car at all. You might be able to do a minor adjustment but that's it. You need your tires to keep on rolling to make you turn. If you are using all the grip you have for braking turning the wheel will only lock your tires.

And I don't see how betting will prove anything. We'll see the results after the season no matter how much you bet and then we'll see who's right. But so far Button has driven better and you can't deny that.

Since arguing you is as useless as trying to explain advanced math to a 2-YEAR-OLD I think I'll just ignore your posts because it's not worth anything trying to argue to someone who's trolling or just plain stupid and doesn't understand basic racing rules or how the cars behave.

Hope you'll grow up some day and find out how things work in real life.
Quote from Juzaa :Wait..now you're saying Kobayashi should have turned away from Hamilton while braking. Because of...? So everyone should just evade Hamilton when he crashes them? Do you know what happens when you try to turn when braking hard? Your tires lock and you don't turn at all. When you are braking you can not turn the car at all. You might be able to do a minor adjustment but that's it. You need your tires to keep on rolling to make you turn. If you are using all the grip you have for braking turning the wheel will only lock your tires.

And I don't see how betting will prove anything. We'll see the results after the season no matter how much you bet and then we'll see who's right. But so far Button has driven better and you can't deny that.

Since arguing you is as useless as trying to explain advanced math to a 2-YEAR-OLD I think I'll just ignore your posts because it's not worth anything trying to argue to someone who's trolling or just plain stupid and doesn't understand basic racing rules or how the cars behave.

Hope you'll grow up some day and find out how things work in real life.

Contradicting yourself again, you say you can't turn in the braking zones but before you said hamilton turned left in the braking zone? Kobi was obviously off the brakes by the time he turned in. Yes we will see at the end of the season, put that doesn't prove if your sure of the shit your spouting now does it? How has Jenson been the better driver exactly? All his wins have been handed to him on a plate, today was the only time i've been impressed with his driving, today i really thought he drove well, but i still think lewis has the edge and he would have won canada if Button didn't take him out, but he hasn't driven much better at all and the standings show that, all the consistancy and great thinking got him 3 points...

To be honest juzaa i think it's you who has the lack of racing knowledge, some of your comments of the season have led me to believe this, you seem to think the mistakes were simple mistakes when they're not. I've driven alot of races in LFS which i know isn't quite reality but the race craft is still similar and i've come across similar situations to lewis where it's just one of them things and you can't really be fast in LFS without understandings a cars behaviour can you? I've been going on trackdays since i was 12, i've driven race cars at donington and anglesey so yes i do know a cars limits in the real world, whats possible and whats not, what have you done to gain your "knowledge"?

And how does disagreeing with you about a racing incident in F1 mean i have no understanding of how things work in the real world?
If you're going to go personal, take it in PM you two. I get a headache from reading your endless fuss and jibberish after every race.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :If you're going to go personal, take it in PM you two. I get a headache from reading your endless fuss and jibberish after every race.

That's pointless, it's like telling gipsies to go sort their stuff into their house, which they won't do, because noone can hear it there.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Contradicting yourself again, you say you can't turn in the braking zones but before you said hamilton turned left in the braking zone? Kobi was obviously off the brakes by the time he turned in. Yes we will see at the end of the season, put that doesn't prove if your sure of the shit your spouting now does it? How has Jenson been the better driver exactly? All his wins have been handed to him on a plate, today was the only time i've been impressed with his driving, today i really thought he drove well, but i still think lewis has the edge and he would have won canada if Button didn't take him out, but he hasn't driven much better at all and the standings show that, all the consistancy and great thinking got him 3 points...

To be honest juzaa i think it's you who has the lack of racing knowledge, some of your comments of the season have led me to believe this, you seem to think the mistakes were simple mistakes when they're not. I've driven alot of races in LFS which i know isn't quite reality but the race craft is still similar and i've come across similar situations to lewis where it's just one of them things and you can't really be fast in LFS without understandings a cars behaviour can you? I've been going on trackdays since i was 12, i've driven race cars at donington and anglesey so yes i do know a cars limits in the real world, whats possible and whats not, what have you done to gain your "knowledge"?

And how does disagreeing with you about a racing incident in F1 mean i have no understanding of how things work in the real world?

No worries, we know who is the one that doesn't know how racing work in the real world.

With reference to those pictures above, was it just me, or was the rear of the Sauber wider than the front, but it looked like Kobayashi's car was already pointing to the right slightly?
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Maldonado is now my least favourite driver. Not only did he get away with deliberately ramming Hamilton off the road, he has a cheek to come out and slag off Hamiltons driving after the race while claiming to be good friends with him. Hamilton ended his own race, and definately killed off any chance he had at winning the championship, it was a racing incident and had more to do with him being stupid than being aggressive.

The biggest problem with Hamilton was that he jumped straight into a front running car, he needed a season or two in a slower car to make his mistakes.

Martin Brundle brushed his interview off as "nonsense", and I'm sure deep inside his mind he thought Maldonado was talking fken-bulls..t.

It made me felt even more sad that Hulkenburg was replaced by this stupid prick just cos this idiot got a heck more sponsorship money.
Quote :Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

2011 Formula 1 Shell Belgian Grand Prix
(260 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG