The online racing simulator
Pretty much. Maybe or or two exceptions.
Quote from tristancliffe :Lewis should have gone to the right of Button - much greater chance of passing, even if he'd have been on the outside for T1 (but in the inside for T2).

Button did NOT close the door or move over on Hamilton. He took the racing line. There was no deviation from that, other than a jiggle as he looked in the mirror (and just saw 'some red'). Button didn't change his line, nor make any unexpected move, so Hamilton effectively drove into him.

At Spa, Hamilton was OFF the racing line, and then tried to move back to it despite a car being alonside. He changed his line. He drove into Kobayashi.

The similarities are simply that Hamilton, in both cases (and at Monaco) drove into another car without any thought as to what the other car might be ordinarily expected to do.

You speak as though Button was entitled to do that, at Canada ,even if he knew Hamilton was alongside. You can't take that diagonal if there is a car there. It's not something particular to Canada. Take the approach to parabolica at Monza. The normal line is a diagonal, but if there is a car with 1 inch of overlap, you can't take that line: it's a straight!
If he could have seen him, then no you can't. But at Canada, with that spray, Button wouldn't have seen Hamilton, and Hamilton should (if he's any good at all) have realised that.
He said he saw him but he thought it was his rear wing!
Exactly. He didn't 'see' him. Therefore he did not change his approach. And why would Hamilton think he's been seen in the spray?
Quote from tristancliffe :If he could have seen him, then no you can't. But at Canada, with that spray, Button wouldn't have seen Hamilton, and Hamilton should (if he's any good at all) have realised that.

I agree with you there, but I do think you're being unduly harsh. Hamilton has had some excellent drives amongst the memorable goof ups. Imho he is very good, but he approaches every race like it's a one make affair like gp2 where it's be spectacular or be a bit anonymous.
Still it would be a bit less fascinating without him there.

Put Sato in a Ferrari and we'd have a season to remember!
Maybe I am being unduly harsh, but that's what happens when the Hamilton fanboys seem to think he has never done anything wrong ever, or that somehow Button (or Kobayasi) were at fault at Canada/Spa.

Yes, it would be less interesting without him, but sadly for the wrong reasons (less of a crash fest and more racing).

Sato or Kobayashi need to be in a decent car one day.
Quote from Hyperactive :It seems I disagree very often with others with these things. In the same race I think it was clearly button's fault for crashing into alonso
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDdY-rFDxWU

i think that one is almost impossible to fully put blame on either driver without actually having any telemetry of buttons car in particular
alonso got far enough ahead to claim the corner for himself alone only well after turn in (they were pretty much exactly side by side at turn in) so first of all button had a right to the inside line and also alonso pulls well ahead after that so theres a chance button was slowing down as much as he could on the wet track and alonso simply ignored physics
Quote from Shotglass :i think that one is almost impossible to fully put blame on either driver without actually having any telemetry of buttons car in particular
alonso got far enough ahead to claim the corner for himself alone only well after turn in (they were pretty much exactly side by side at turn in) so first of all button had a right to the inside line and also alonso pulls well ahead after that so theres a chance button was slowing down as much as he could on the wet track and alonso simply ignored physics

great, everyone is still arguing for Canada in a thread for Spa.

As for the Button - Alonso crash at Canada, many seems to have forgotten that Alonso was only just out of the pits. And it should be the one coming out of the pits to make sure he merge onto the track safely, which Alonso didn't as Button was already there. Which was why nothing happened even if it looked like Button was more at fault.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG