The online racing simulator
Quote from Juzaa :Button's fastest lap was 0.4 seconds faster than Vettel's fastest lap in Spa's race and Hamilton's speed in quali with a damaged car just shows Mclaren was probably faster than RBR

Mclaren was faster but still the fastest lap was set by Web with RBR? Cool story bro
Taking fastest lap doesn't have to mean the driver was pushing for the majority of the race, and since cars that drive fastest are typically ahead of cars that go slower, I wouldn't read too much into those statistics. Wouldn't it be odd if fastest laps weren't set by winning drivers more often than not? If a driver knew he wouldn't have to push hard to win a race, he'd still set laps faster than other drivers.

The fact is that watching them drive is probably a better indication of just how hard they are trying sometimes, but even then you have to account for differing driving styles.
Trying to compare fastest laps to how fast someone is in the race just shows you know **** all jizaa.
Quote from Juzaa :Wait..now you're saying Kobayashi should have turned away from Hamilton while braking. Because of...? So everyone should just evade Hamilton when he crashes them? Do you know what happens when you try to turn when braking hard? Your tires lock and you don't turn at all. When you are braking you can not turn the car at all. You might be able to do a minor adjustment but that's it. You need your tires to keep on rolling to make you turn. If you are using all the grip you have for braking turning the wheel will only lock your tires.

And I don't see how betting will prove anything. We'll see the results after the season no matter how much you bet and then we'll see who's right. But so far Button has driven better and you can't deny that.

Since arguing you is as useless as trying to explain advanced math to a 2-YEAR-OLD I think I'll just ignore your posts because it's not worth anything trying to argue to someone who's trolling or just plain stupid and doesn't understand basic racing rules or how the cars behave.

Hope you'll grow up some day and find out how things work in real life.

Do us all a favour, and just admit, you are biassed againstHamilton, if you don't you're in denial and just spamming the theads.

You apply a different race craft logic ESPECIALLY for Hamilton. You're a retard. You're even bringing things up that aren't relavent, to prove your warped point.
Vettel has said in the past that sometimes the team will let him go for the fastest lap so that he can get 1. pole, 2. win, 3. fastest lap, all in a weekend. That also implies that they don't let him do it all the time though.

So just because he doesn't get it doesn't mean he isn't the fastest on a weekend.

I'd like to believe that mclaren can challenge for the win but just because they are setting times quicker than the cars in front, doesn't mean they are quicker.

That said, Spa doesn't seem to need as much downforce either. Remember when Fisichella put the force india on the front row 2 years ago?
Quote from BlueFlame :Do us all a favour, and just admit, you are biassed againstHamilton, if you don't you're in denial and just spamming the theads.

You apply a different race craft logic ESPECIALLY for Hamilton. You're a retard. You're even bringing things up that aren't relavent, to prove your warped point.

And what exactly is my warped point? And what have I said that was not relevant or true? I do know fastest lap is not bulletproof when looking at race speed but in many cases it actually shows who was the fastest driver in the race. You are saying that I'm biased but at the same time When Vettel wins it's ''because his car is 200 times better than the others'' and when Vettel doesn't win it's because ''Hamilton is a god''. Not to mention that when Hamilton crashes even when he's himself admitted he made a mistake and that it was his fault (which shows some growing up in the past few races) you are still arguing how Hamilton did nothing wrong. (which shows you have not grown up). And still I am the biased one?

Most of your arguments are ''you are wrong'' and then adding something stupid like how two completely different situations are exactly the same and how crashing someone who's outside is somehow better than crashing someone who's inside(!)?

You all think that Maldonado's move was wrong and he's 100% to blame. So do I. But when you are defending Hamilton it's something How Kobayashi had room (like few inches to the grass) and how he turned in a bit. Have you watched how Maldonado hit Hamilton? Hamilton had exactly the same amount of room as Koba did and actually Hamilton turned in a bit more than Kobayashi. You just refuse to even look any videos and see for yourself because you must know you are wrong.
Quote from Juzaa :You all think that Maldonado's move was wrong and he's 100% to blame. So do I. But when you are defending Hamilton it's something How Kobayashi had room (like few inches to the grass) and how he turned in a bit. Have you watched how Maldonado hit Hamilton? Hamilton had exactly the same amount of room as Koba did and actually Hamilton turned in a bit more than Kobayashi. You just refuse to even look any videos and see for yourself because you must know you are wrong.

Gotta agree. Most of Hamilton accidents happens with midfield runners, who won't give up when Hamilton is forcing them when overtaking. Top drivers taking it more carefully, they care more about points and championship standings. It would be disaster if Hamilton keeps driving like this, it's already his 4th season in F1, but he's passing skills are poor and no sign of improvement...
Quote from Juzaa :And what exactly is my warped point? And what have I said that was not relevant or true? I do know fastest lap is not bulletproof when looking at race speed but in many cases it actually shows who was the fastest driver in the race. You are saying that I'm biased but at the same time When Vettel wins it's ''because his car is 200 times better than the others'' and when Vettel doesn't win it's because ''Hamilton is a god''. Not to mention that when Hamilton crashes even when he's himself admitted he made a mistake and that it was his fault (which shows some growing up in the past few races) you are still arguing how Hamilton did nothing wrong. (which shows you have not grown up). And still I am the biased one?

Most of your arguments are ''you are wrong'' and then adding something stupid like how two completely different situations are exactly the same and how crashing someone who's outside is somehow better than crashing someone who's inside(!)?

You all think that Maldonado's move was wrong and he's 100% to blame. So do I. But when you are defending Hamilton it's something How Kobayashi had room (like few inches to the grass) and how he turned in a bit. Have you watched how Maldonado hit Hamilton? Hamilton had exactly the same amount of room as Koba did and actually Hamilton turned in a bit more than Kobayashi. You just refuse to even look any videos and see for yourself because you must know you are wrong.

this is funny because you where in the same position arguing agianst Hamilton when Button did the same thing in Canada.
Jizaa stop being a ****ing idiot, the fastest lap of the race proves **** all in relation to who had the fastest race pace, there's fuel loads, tyres, track conditions that come into play to make it unreliable data, even if it was a bone dry race and everyone was on the same tyres it would still mean **** all.

Hamiltons driving like he's always drove, on the edge and I doubt he's going to change anytime soon but he's still going to be ahead of button by the end of the season, just having a bad spell like button in the second half of the 2009 season, when he couldn't even beat barichello in the same car,
But in Canada, Hamilton put himself between Jensin and the wall knowing Jenson wouldn't be able to see and that the normal racing line would mean the gap would disappear. That's why Canada was 100% Hamilton's fault.

At Spa, Hamilton could be bothered to look in his mirrors, despite knowing his car was slow, and moved across on another car that could do very little to avoid. Therefore 100% Hamilton's fault.

Different moves, one from in front (well, alongside), and one from behind, but both Hanilton's fault. If you can see that then you must be irreversibly biased towards Hamilton.

Sadly, Hamilton is proving he's 5th best in F1 AT BEST. probably more like 8th best.
Quote from tristancliffe :But in Canada, Hamilton put himself between Jensin and the wall knowing Jenson wouldn't be able to see and that the normal racing line would mean the gap would disappear. That's why Canada was 100% Hamilton's fault.

How could he have known that maybe he is a visionary? And how Jenson wasnt able to see since every cars has mirrors?
If you truly believe in what you are saying then I feel very sorry for you.
Quote from tristancliffe :But in Canada, Hamilton put himself between Jensin and the wall knowing Jenson wouldn't be able to see and that the normal racing line would mean the gap would disappear. That's why Canada was 100% Hamilton's fault.

At Spa, Hamilton could be bothered to look in his mirrors, despite knowing his car was slow, and moved across on another car that could do very little to avoid. Therefore 100% Hamilton's fault.

Different moves, one from in front (well, alongside), and one from behind, but both Hanilton's fault. If you can see that then you must be irreversibly biased towards Hamilton.

Sadly, Hamilton is proving he's 5th best in F1 AT BEST. probably more like 8th best.

Hmm Can he tell the future as well?
Quote from Kandis :How could he have known that maybe he is a visionary? And how Jenson wasnt able to see since every cars has mirrors?
If you truly believe in what you are saying then I feel very sorry for you.

Because, and I know this is complicated but bear with me and you might learn something, it was raining. Yes, there was spray. In an F1 car (and even in an F3 car) the spray is pretty much opaque. The phrase "driving into a wall of spray" isn't a joke, it really is that bad. Far worse that onboard footage suggests - in fact, if I had to quantify it, I'd say the driver can see about 30% of what the onboard camera can.
Quote from Mustafur :Hmm Can he tell the future as well?

It's not rocket science - the racing line goes from the right to the very left of the track. It's pretty likely that other cars racing would follow that line, so it doesn't make a genius to realise that putting your car there would be risky.

10% of the time Hamiltons lack of sense pays off and he does quite a good overtake. 90% of the time it ends in disaster.
There was little or no spray coming out of the chicane for jenson to see him, jenson even admitted he saw hamilton but thought it was his own rear wing, guess everyone should just drive in single file when it's wet, if we go by what you saying, no one can tell if your making a move. Was lack of awareness from button, he obviously knew hamilton was behind him and when someones behind you trying to pass you, you have to pick your line early, you can't go onto the right side of the track then come back to the left when someones making a passing attempt.
Out of the chicane was fine, sure. But Hamilton didn't make his move until much later on the straight at much higher speeds with much more spray. And Jenson did pick his line - the normal racing line, which takes you from the right to the left. I can't think of a driver, other than Fisichella, that would drive off the racing line just because there was a car behind him that hadn't (as far as he could see) made a move.
Quote from http://en.espnf1.com/belgium/motorsport/story/57654.html :"After watching the replay, I realise it was my fault today 100%," Hamilton said. "I didn't give Kobayashi enough room though I thought I was past. Apologies to Kamui and to my team. The team deserves better from me."

Quote from http://en.espnf1.com/canada/motorsport/story/51493.html :HAM: After I fell back behind Jenson, he outbraked himself into the final chicane and got a poor exit, so I was able to get a good run on him. It felt to me like I was halfway alongside him down the pit straight - but, as he probably hadn't spotted me, he continued moving across on the racing line. There was no room for me, so I hit the wall.

BUT: As far as the incident with Lewis is concerned, I couldn't see a thing behind me except a blur of Vodafone rocket-red, but that could have been my rear wing: obviously, it's the same colour as Lewis's car. I moved to the left, which is the racing line, then I felt a bang.

Seeing the video of the BUT vs HAM crash it's clear HAM wasn't halfway alongside him (as he said it only felt like he was): he actually barely had his nose next to BUT's rear wheel. At the distance they were at in all probability BUT indeed only saw his own rear wing.

So, why is everyone still debating all this?
Quote from xaotik :Seeing the video of the BUT vs HAM crash it's clear HAM wasn't halfway alongside him (as he said it only felt like he was): he actually barely had his nose next to BUT's rear wheel. At the distance they were at in all probability BUT indeed only saw his own rear wing.

So, why is everyone still debating all this?

Hamilton did have his front tire ahead of button's rear tire and his nose almost at button's helmet. There is no doubt that lewis was next to button and imho the fact is that when you have a driver next to you you are not allowed to turn into him. At least on a straightaway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiyQhs5JXfY

Despite button taking the racing line and the racing line going from right to left there it is not a corner. It is a straightaway where the racing line goes from right to left side on that straightaway to prepare for the next right hander. The straight between last turn and T1 is therefore a straight between a left hander and a right hander.

On a straight it is just nor correct to close the door when the other driver already has his front tires in front of your rear tires and has considerably more speed. Imho there is no doubt that hamilton was next to button (=overlap) and it happened on a straightaway. As far as I know it is not exactly correct to squeeze someone into the wall if they have overlap. Even the hardest hamilton haters agree with this because clearly the hamilton's squeeze on kobi in spa was not acceptable thing to do.

Imho it was a racing incident and both drivers could have prevented it. Button knew lewis was coming because he himself had messed up in the last corner. He knew he was slow out of the turn. Button did not see where lewis was but still took the racing line.

Simply because one does not see the other one does not make you innocent. Racing and situation awareness is as much about prediction as it is about actually seeing where the other guy is. Lewis' mistake was he did not predict button to close the door but lewis definitely saw button. Button's mistake was not being able to see where lewis was because he just could not see lewis due to the circumstances but button's mistake was predicting lewis' position wrongly.

It seems I disagree very often with others with these things. In the same race I think it was clearly button's fault for crashing into alonso just as it was not vettel's fault back australia 2009:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDdY-rFDxWU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITcgx9Yiq_E
(Also notice how vettel did not sideswipe kubica when going into T2 in that 2nd vid. The overlap is the same as it was between button and lewis in canada. )
Quote from xaotik :So, why is everyone still debating all this?

That's what they do inbetween grands prix - argue about Hamilton.

Apparently there are other drivers in F1 just nobody knows who they are.
Lewis should have gone to the right of Button - much greater chance of passing, even if he'd have been on the outside for T1 (but in the inside for T2).

Button did NOT close the door or move over on Hamilton. He took the racing line. There was no deviation from that, other than a jiggle as he looked in the mirror (and just saw 'some red'). Button didn't change his line, nor make any unexpected move, so Hamilton effectively drove into him.

At Spa, Hamilton was OFF the racing line, and then tried to move back to it despite a car being alonside. He changed his line. He drove into Kobayashi.

The similarities are simply that Hamilton, in both cases (and at Monaco) drove into another car without any thought as to what the other car might be ordinarily expected to do.
Quote from thisnameistaken :That's what they do inbetween grands prix - argue about Hamilton.

Apparently there are other drivers in F1 just nobody knows who they are.

Basically, Tristan and Juzaa blame Hamilton for every incident he's ever been in.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG