The online racing simulator
BF1 tyres won't last?
(18 posts, started )
BF1 tyres won't last?
I need help with BF1... I'm not a beginner so I don't write in beginners section

In BL1 using R2 they last less than 2 rounds, R3 3-5 laps and R4 seems to be useless even with a warm up.

I'm watching alot of F1 races and they don't seem to burn their tyres even they do great lap times all the time. Of course when tyres are used they will lose grip and has to be replaced after 15-30 laps in F1.

Am I missing something?
Try changing your setup? I'm a real no-brainer with setups,but maybe it has to do with camber?
pressure..camper..
#4 - Woz
This sounds mad BUT go slower.

In LFS, or any sim, people driver closer to or over the edge far more than IRL. Because of this you cook your tires, the closer to the edge you get the more stress you load on the tires the more they heat up.

Just a TINY slow down on how to attack corners will make a huge impact on your tires. Try not to slide the back end, but keep it in line or wind up the level of TC. Remember the BF1 has a huge amount of power and is capable of high speed, its just the tires are not capable of the same for as long.

Drive with F9 view and keep them near to green as possible or move to harder compound.
A softer set (springs) or a looser diff (to a point) will also help here. Or less downforce, but if you want to do competitive times then there's a very small "best" range for any track combo.
Quote from Sternendaal :Try changing your setup? I'm a real no-brainer with setups,but maybe it has to do with camber?

Now I can do low mid 54 - low 55 and temps at 110 with R3... this will do in long races.
im not fastest to say the least, apart from still learning, im still driving with a broken hand and having to relearn game after discovering major calibration cock up which id been driving round for 3 months

but

i run 57 or 58 sec laps round blackwood and can do them for 15 to 20 laps without overheating r2s. over this length of time im usually competative with the 55sec guys

not sure if its my slower speed or my setups but i dont seem to eat the tyres like other people.

when you say tyres are too hot is that over full width or just the insides? if the temps arent equal across width you can lean the camber towards the colder side (ie less neg / more pos to heat outside of tyre, less pos / more neg to heat inside). also extream braking / throttle adjustments can overheat tyres
Would say it's the speed. Now with a proper setup I can keep the speed up so now I like this car
Quote from tinvek :im not fastest to say the least, apart from still learning, im still driving with a broken hand and having to relearn game after discovering major calibration cock up which id been driving round for 3 months

but

i run 57 or 58 sec laps round blackwood and can do them for 15 to 20 laps without overheating r2s. over this length of time im usually competative with the 55sec guys

not sure if its my slower speed or my setups but i dont seem to eat the tyres like other people.

when you say tyres are too hot is that over full width or just the insides? if the temps arent equal across width you can lean the camber towards the colder side (ie less neg / more pos to heat outside of tyre, less pos / more neg to heat inside). also extream braking / throttle adjustments can overheat tyres

interesting to note I ran the ai in the BMW at BL for as many laps as i could get on a full tank and they ended up doing 57 s and they are very easy on the tyres think I had them on r2s with a decent setup and at the end they had hardly come up to correct temp on the few cars that did'nt crash and reset the tyres etc
so [erhaps yu should put 3 AI cars at BL1 for a full tank of laps and watch what they do, save the session and pick a late lap to output to teh replay analyser then tear off some laps yurself and compare
HTH
#10 - Woz
Quote from NeoTry :Would say it's the speed. Now with a proper setup I can keep the speed up so now I like this car

Its not just speed. The reason I said slower is that if you are pushing very hard you make more mistakes. Slide more and lock up more and this is what causes the heat issues. The balance is the fastest you can go without constant mistakes.

In the end for long races its consistency and rhythm that matter. The more consistent you are the better you will do in the race. You might see people "leave you for dust" early on but after 2-3 laps their tires are shite and you start to real them in and then leave them behind as they fight to keep on the track.

You only win a race if you can finish it
Yeah...I had a real problem with 10 lap races. I was pitting a silly ammount (something like 1 pit every 2 laps lol) but then i took all the camber off my back tires. It just seemed like the tires were only wearing on 1 side (even with like -.1 camber) so I made my back tires camberless and they last a long time.
Something's definitely wrong with setup or driving style if you're burning the r3's up that fast. I haven't found a track yet that'll burn them up in anything other than a long stint. Just try to obtain as little lock-up as possible and try to manage the throttle well enough to use the TC as little as you can. And it's usually better to enter a corner a little too slow than too fast considering you can still get a decent launch out of the corner coming in too slow.
My main reason for wearing out my tires too fast is that i got into a turn too fast or at the wrong line and understeer too much so my fronts overheat. Best advice, like rcpilot said is take the turn alittle slow and that'll help a lot
i always run out of fuel before my tyres pop lol
Quote from bahrain :i always run out of fuel before my tyres pop lol

but he only starts with 1 lt on board
Quote from bahrain :i always run out of fuel before my tyres pop lol

same here.. i've run a full half tank and barely worn R2 tires
Quote from tinvek :im not fastest to say the least, apart from still learning, im still driving with a broken hand and having to relearn game after discovering major calibration cock up which id been driving round for 3 months

but

Good time, especially for a guy with a broken hand lol
Quote from RedStarArmy :My main reason for wearing out my tires too fast is that i got into a turn too fast or at the wrong line and understeer too much so my fronts overheat. Best advice, like rcpilot said is take the turn alittle slow and that'll help a lot

Also, i would like to add, if you brake earlier it will save you having to brake hard at the last second so this will help to stop your tires heating up so much

BF1 tyres won't last?
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG