The online racing simulator
3d
(12 posts, started )

Poll : Want optional 3D?

No... Why? Please post. And think again!
Yes!
3d
Optional 3D to set in options... I want use to my bluered 3D glasses.
LFS is not ready for it atm
#3 - Be2K
in my opinion its not necessary for LFS to get an 3D optional View.
Scawen has to do more important things for LFS, it could be developed by a Fanbase or something else.
You can use your 3d-shutter-glasses anytime by activating it in your driver control panel. Totally useless suggestion Imo
blue/red glasses = anaglyph

Anaglyph 3d mode is provided by Nvidia drivers for nVidia cards.

Anaglyph 3d is provided by http://www.iz3d.com/driver for ATi users. Anaglyph 3d is free in the iz3d driver.
Played LFS in 3d with 3d monitor though ...
3Dvision converts it but not realy liked it as you cant play more than 20 minutes
I've got shutter glasses and tried LFS in 3d, but still normally prefer driving without the glasses.

The car looks great in 3d, but you don't really notice that same level of detail for the track and surrounds, and of course, when driving, you're not really wanting to look at the inside of the car, but where you're going.

Also, I wear glasses full time, and hate having to wear heavy shutter glasses on top for any length of time.

Unless I'm playing any of the F.E.A.R. games, which (as my son would say) is awesome in 3d. They're the only games he won't play; too scary! And this from a teenager who's played all these games on PC, PS and xbox for half of his young life.
there is a popular arcade series of racing games made by electronic arts, if you are more bothered about looks than handling, then I suggest looking at that series.
Quote from gandlers :there is a popular arcade series of racing games made by electronic arts, if you are more bothered about looks than handling, then I suggest looking at that series.

Please draw me a correlation between looks and physics.
Play any "racing" game from the Need for Speed Stable, Grid, or even the recent F1 title.
They look good but do they handle like LFS?
Try them and draw your own conclusions.
I asked how look influence physics, is this question too complicated for you?

RBR had pretty good graphics when it was released and you cant tell it handles bad.
And about games you mentioned the only conclusion i can draw is that those games were never intended to handle like LFS in first place, it has nothing to do with the graphics.
Actually funny thing, i remember at time LFS was praised for good graphics in one of the review.

To me your post was totally fanboyish and full of ignorance.
Fanboyish because not only you tried to defend the fact that lfs have graphics from 2004 but you even try to make it look like its actually a good thing.
And full of ignorance, because you said something that on this forum become a standard thing to say in situation when someone mention outdated graphics of lfs, but you repeating it blindly chose to ignore the fact that graphics have nothing to do with the physics.
And since on this forum arcade games are being looked down upon, sending someone to play nfs become just another way of attacking someone ad hominem style
RBR handles nothing like LFS. Don't compare those games please. Gandlers was just telling that the devs couldn't care less about the looks because this is a simulation, and physics matter.

3d
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG