The online racing simulator
LFS Photomode Competition Round 82: Hillclimb

This rounds theme is... "Hillclimb"

Round rules: (made by JO53PHS, these will not be changed)
Create an edit showing a car driving a hillclimb course. Try to select a screenshot that is true to a real hillclimb course (narrow road, steep gradient, tight bends etc.)
The image should show only 1 car, no more

Examples:
http://hoits.smugmug.com/Loton ... ds07/32793291_V7S99-L.jpg
http://www.tracksport-images.c ... 7%20Apr%202010%200108.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com ... 2430978263_9bc6d4d211.jpg

Cars: All
Tracks: All (excluding South City)

Quote :Competition rules:
  • When you have finished your picture and want to enter it into the competition, please write 'Final Entry' in the relevant post.
  • You must provide a preview picture (no bigger than 400 x 400 pixels) as well as the High Resolution picture. (The preview picture does not have to be exactly 400 x 400 pixels - it can be smaller to maintain the correct aspect ratio [for example, 400 x 300 pixels])
  • No renders, old images or VOB MODS to be used.
  • You may incorporate external non-LFS images into your work, but you MUST give a link to any images used.*
  • You MUST NOT use any LFS screenshot material that does not belong to you. (You are not even allowed to ask others to take a picture for you etc., everything has to be done by you.)*
  • During the voting, you are FORBIDDEN to get more votes in an unfair way. (Asking your team members, friends etc. to vote for you.) If I find out, your image will be removed from the voting and you will not be allowed to take part in the competition. (For how long, that is to be decided by me.)
  • All pictures MUST be uploaded to LFSForum.net, so basically in the attachments. (Other uploading websites are not allowed to be used.) (This is because of the fact, that after some time, the other websites get shut down and pictures in hall of fame or old threads disappear and we can never get to see them again..
  • The winner of the round should explain how he made his edit. This is not a MUST rule, but it would be great for the beginners and also others to learn and see new things. (This means, giving 2-4 images of the steps, the raw screenshot etc. telling the techniques and tools used.)
  • Any entries that will be ignoring 1 or more rules listed above, will not be accepted.

* If these rules are ignored, then the person might be forbidden to take participation in the competition for some time.

Anyone is allowed to post their pictures and take participation in the competition as long as the rules are obeyed.

Competition closes on THURSDAY, 28.07.2011. at 21:00 GMT.
Every round of the competition will last 3 weeks. (18 days to enter, 3 days to vote.)

BONUS *FUN* RULES:

- You must obey the rules
- No b*tching/moaning/arguing

Have fun and good luck! Feel free to discuss the topic, images or ask questions.
#2 - kiste
little try

Final Entry

edit: attached the original pic(external image)
Attached images
hillclimnbing.jpg
hillclimnbing_small.jpg
hillclimnbing_pre.jpg
Is it your final, if it is, then post external image.
#4 - kiste
ehm i deleted it xD will search it again. hope i find it again
#6 - kiste
in my opinion we should use an hillclimb course from a real photo. not lfs.
#7 - kiste
sorry for double post.

Edited the first post with my external image
Quote from kiste :in my opinion we should use an hillclimb course from a real photo. not lfs.

No, not really, doesn't say anything in the rules about it. It only says that you should choose places that look similar to what it looks in real life giving some adjectives that describe the road/place of such kind.
#9 - kiste
Okay sorry then. missunderstood it.
Fixed: added a picture taken from the forest.
Quote from kiste :little try

Final Entry

Im sure ive seen this picure somewhere already
Quote from jrd.racer :Im sure ive seen this picure somewhere already

diddo, that one wasnt made for competition and shouldnt be allowed...

Final Entry

DAmn Deja Vu, this pic was use for the Rally theme the previus year, was used for a xfg

This source is still valid?
not final
this can be considered hillclimb?

Final Entry

No offence or anything... But thats rallying. Not hill climb
Love the theme!

Sarker -

Quote from CrAbStEr DrIfTeR :But thats rallying. Not hill climb

Can't it be taken as the [rally-prepared] car doing a [hill-climb] run through that particular stage?

Same would apply to Sarker's; it might be a rally, but IMO, it could be considered as a hill climb too. Or not?

i.e. take this example; if you replace that car with Sarker's RB4 - it's still a hill-climb, but it might be assumed to be part of a rally stage from that pic alone...

I can't wait to see more entries...
Silveracer: I know what you mean, but it looks more like a rally stage to a hill climb. For one - The spectators are all over the banking. Hill Climb safety regs would definitely not allow that here :P Secondly, Thats actually quite a famous rallying photo used by Lancia themselves. It could be said to be a hill climb, But its not easy to turn somebody to believe it!

--------------------------------------------------------

Been a VERY long time since I've done any editing in photoshop whatsoever apart from my photography work... So thought I'd give this a shot with the new CS5 for a test run! The shadowing isn't perfect but I liked it enough to post

Original Image: http://www.tsccni.info/wp-cont ... ads/2011/06/DSC_02401.jpg

TO ANY TROLLS: XRT IS NOT A VOB MOD - SPOILER IS ERASED THROUGH PHOTOSHOP

Original LFS Shot: http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... mp;stc=1&d=1310555092

Low Res (Smaller): http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... mp;stc=1&d=1310555092

FINAL Cut: http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... mp;stc=1&d=1310555092
Attached images
Low Brain Hill ClimbSML.jpg
Low Brain Hill Climb.jpg
LowBrainHillClimbOrig.jpg
Final.
Preview/HQ/External image
Attached images
Silvretta-Classic-2011 prev.jpg
Silvretta-Classic-2011 copy.jpg
Silvretta-Classic-2011-die-schoensten-Bilder-der-zweiten-Etappe-c890x594-ffffff-C-1de71a85-51364.jpg
Quote from Inouva :DAmn Deja Vu, this pic was use for the Rally theme the previus year, was used for a xfg

This source is still valid?

Where? I can't find it, if you can show the link, then it's not valid of course since it's old. I also thought I've seen it, but wasn't sure and never found it.
andro, can you tell me if my picture is valid? I think it looks like a rally hillclimb
thanks
Well, I'm not sure, we should probably wait for JO53PHS to come back from somewhere in a week, since he made the rules. He'll probably know better.
Quote from andRo. :Well, I'm not sure, we should probably wait for JO53PHS to come back from somewhere in a week, since he made the rules. He'll probably know better.

ok, thanks!
#25 - Fors

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG