The online racing simulator
Not even a double DRS zone could save that track from boredom.

Mclarens where quite slow this race but the midfeild had quite a big battle, it was basically the battle of Strategy and Alguersuari's one worked like a treat.
Quote from NitroNitrous :Please, get rid of that crappy race track for next season, please...

Yeah, that would make a lot of sense instead of this crap boring waste of time and money for a whole weekend every damn year.
Snoozefest.
Please never use this track again.
Funtastic race, drop Barcelona and keep Valencia. Can hardly wait till the next year. I hope Vettel keeps dominating until he retires, no point having baddies pretending to be the best.
YAAAWN. Did I miss anything? Sort of fell asleep on lap 5.

Just joking! I did fall asleep though but I managed to wake up in time to watch the rest of the Nurburgring race. Seriously, someone please just get rid of Valencia, it's one less race that the drivers and teams need to bother about in the first place!
Quote from bunder9999 :shumi driving along at full speed with a broken wing...

Missed most of the middle part of the race, what happened to him?

Quote from Rhygin :Mclaren, always on the back foot and lots of excuses. With their technology and money, they are a very sad F1 team.

Tired of the Vettelation, and yeah boring today.
will be as dominant as msc in 2002
i think all sport needs a dominant figure/team. Nadal, Tiger Woods, Barcelona FC, Eric Bristow, to name but a few. it forces the rest of the pack to try to keep up. which imo, makes for some great sporting moments. except this weekend lol.
#65 - JJ72
just a shit track that's it, about time it goes!
lets hope it rains at Silverstone. what am i saying. it's going to rain at Silverstone. lol
Quote from BreadC :will be as dominant as msc in 2002

Very different IMO. Ferrari actually managed to make other teams look like muppets: their car was like 2 seconds per lap faster than the others in race conditions, and after the first stint, they could just slow down massively and secure the 1-2.

Here the gap is actually very small: never more than a few seconds, after 300+ kilometers. The thing is that Red Bull and Vettel indeed are clearly superior in quali, and base their domination on it. Vettel learned a lot from last year and doesn't do any mistake while being up front and controlling the race, and manage to stay where he is as long as he gets the pole. It doesn't take much to stop Vettel and Red Bull however, force them into a strategical mistake(China), or put enough pressure to force Vettel to a mistake(Montreal).

And who knows, perhaps one day bad luck will move again from Webber's car to Vettel's.
#68 - CSF
Yeah its much more like 2004 because quite a few times in 04 Schumacher would have to work damn hard for it, such as France and Silverstone.
Well I certainly hope it will progress to that. RB & Vettel are good enough to dominate the sport, and they should be able to do so.
F1 season is over, whats next?
If the domination continues expect more rule changes to provide a bit more competition. The FIA have to do this otherwise viewing figures will plummet
Quote from Intrepid :If the domination continues expect more rule changes to provide a bit more competition. The FIA have to do this otherwise viewing figures will plummet

That's exactly what they should not do. (although I believe they will do so) There's enough competition in the races right now. Changing the rules when someone is faster than the others is just stupid and will show the world how F1 isn't about pure racing and technology but only money. If we should change the rules because one team is faster than the rest why shouldn't we just throw all the rules into a trash can because the worst cars are so much behind and ''should be allowed a fresh start with completely new rules for everyone''?

If every good innovation in F1 will be banned why don't we just go with same cars for everyone? That'll keep the ''competition'' good until we discover that someone is faster than the others all the time and decide to add weight to drivers' cars depending on how they have performed in the season. The last race will cause 50% of the weight since we don't want to see the same guy win twice in a row, right? That'll keep the competition fair and viewers will be delighted to see who will win the next time since it can be anyone and we'll have absolutely no clue about the results until we've seen the ''race''. And then we'll probably have to ban drivers as well since they are too predictable and the best ones' skills are ruining a perfectly good competition. We'll just have to switch to robots since that way we can program them to do slight errors in about every third corner (just a possibility of 33% though) and make them do major errors about once in every 200 corners (possibility of 0,5%). Now we have perfect competition. We can't be certain which robot will be the fastest since it'll be based on luck and the robots will race each other's so we can watch racing. The cars can also be adjusted to be faster since it doesn't matter if they crash going 300 mph. We can just build another one and viewers will be thrilled to see extremely fast racing.
Quote from Rhygin :F1 season is over, whats next?

GP2, GP3, WSR, F2, F3 Euro, IndyCar, Indy Light titles to be decided.

Quote from Juzaa :That's exactly what they should not do. (although I believe they will do so) There's enough competition in the races right now. Changing the rules when someone is faster than the others is just stupid and will show the world how F1 isn't about pure racing and technology but only money. If we should change the rules because one team is faster than the rest why shouldn't we just throw all the rules into a trash can because the worst cars are so much behind and ''should be allowed a fresh start with completely new rules for everyone''?

If every good innovation in F1 will be banned why don't we just go with same cars for everyone? That'll keep the ''competition'' good until we discover that someone is faster than the others all the time and decide to add weight to drivers' cars depending on how they have performed in the season. The last race will cause 50% of the weight since we don't want to see the same guy win twice in a row, right? That'll keep the competition fair and viewers will be delighted to see who will win the next time since it can be anyone and we'll have absolutely no clue about the results until we've seen the ''race''. And then we'll probably have to ban drivers as well since they are too predictable and the best ones' skills are ruining a perfectly good competition. We'll just have to switch to robots since that way we can program them to do slight errors in about every third corner (just a possibility of 33% though) and make them do major errors about once in every 200 corners (possibility of 0,5%). Now we have perfect competition. We can't be certain which robot will be the fastest since it'll be based on luck and the robots will race each other's so we can watch racing. The cars can also be adjusted to be faster since it doesn't matter if they crash going 300 mph. We can just build another one and viewers will be thrilled to see extremely fast racing.

Despite the title bascically being decided I still don't find it boring due to the battles happening behind the lead.

2011 Formula 1 Grand Prix of Europe
(113 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG