The online racing simulator
2011 Kyoto 500: Qualifying Information and Discussion
Hello racers !

It's time for qualifying for the greatest spectacle in LFS. The system is different that what's normal for LFS, and will be highly stressful. Here's the thread to discuss it.

General Information:
Pole Day: 18 June 2010 (Saturday) 17:00 - 23:00 UTC.
Bump Day: 19 June 2010 (Sunday) 17:00 - 23:00 UTC.

General Rules:
Drivers have a maximum of three attempts per day. Attempts are charged after the completion of the first timed lap and first sector of Lap 2. Unused attempts do not carry over to the next day. Once you start the first timed lap of the new attempt, your previous standing time (if any) is deleted from the grid order permanently.

A qualifying attempt consists of two warmup laps, four flying timed laps, and one inlap. The four timed laps are averaged to get the qualifying time.

Tyre warming is prohibited as per the rules, but I do make small allotments. You are permitted a small burnout while exiting your garage, and may go full lock in turns on your first warmup lap. On Warmup 2, you MUST take the normal line, and do NO tyre warming on this lap. It has been suggested, however, that doing tyre warming is more detrimental than it is beneficial.

Pole Day:
Pole day is the only day that Pole Position may be taken. At the end of pole day, the fastest qualifier is locked in to P1 even if someone goes faster on Bump Day.

Bump Day:
Bump Day is the day where the rest of the grid is sorted. Bumping referrs to "bumping" the 30th place car out of the field with a faster time. The person in 30th will be referred to as "On the Bubble". Once 30 cars have taken times, Bumping will begin. Bumping may begin on Pole Day.

Procedures
You will be required to request an attempt run via a text chat message saying "Request a run" or similar. If you are in queue and wish to remove yourself, state "Cancel attempt request" While we are qualifying cars, only this will be permitted. The current qualifying car is permitted to block messaged while on his qualifying run ONLY.

You will enter the track immediately after pitwall ends. A layout will be in place to direct you there.

You must return to the pitlane without assistance after your qualifying attempt. As long as part or all of your car has crossed the speed limit start line, you have met this. Failure to do so will result in 0.01 seconds being added to your 4th lap time.

If the qualifying queue is empty, track will be opened for practice until such time another driver wishes to take an attempt.

You are permitted to be in TeamSpeak for chat during session, as well as the NDR IRC located as #ndr on irc.gamesurge.net.

I will be using a Google Spreadsheet to track times, and will post a link here on Saturday early morning after all accepted drivers are known.

You must qualify during one of these two windows in order to be eligible to race in the 2011 Kyoto 500.

You will be PMed the password for the server if you meet the entry requirements. This will be PMed to you Saturday morning.

Qualifying Tracking Document
Should be good
Quote from dekojester :Hello racers !

It's time for qualifying for the greatest spectacle in LFS.

Nice joke
#5 - Kova.
So, if I've understand, I can come between 17:00 UTC and 23:00 UTC when I want?
Hmm... IGTC clashes today and OWRL tomorrow?

At most I would have 1 hour before IGTC and about 2 hours after, but that's already very late.

EDIT: Oh, I can delete my Z34 LFS now again?
#7 - CSF
Quote from Kova. :So, if I've understand, I can come between 17:00 UTC and 23:00 UTC when I want?

Yep.

Quote from Swiss-Spirit :Hmm... IGTC clashes today and OWRL tomorrow?

At most I would have 1 hour before IGTC and about 2 hours after, but that's already very late.

EDIT: Oh, I can delete my Z34 LFS now again?

You don't have to be there for 6 hours David.
Maybe I'll just be a bit tired after driving for 2 hours in Endurance

But yeah, should get to do my attempts.
I am not just tired, but plain bad.
31st.... Meh, I have no hope to participate to the race :|
Has Bump Day time now changed from 17:00 UTC to 18:00 UTC? Nice, OWRL starts soon after.

This will be tight.
Bump day is 17:00-23:00 UTC since the post is here
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :Has Bump Day time now changed from 17:00 UTC to 18:00 UTC? Nice, OWRL starts soon after.

This will be tight.

It's still 17:00 to 23:00 UTC - it hasn't been changed, I did the race calendar events before I did this thread - but the thread and spdoDB agree, was just an error I had when doing the race calendar.
Ah, fair enough.

It confused me when I read it...
Oh, and, running a new attempt on bumping day mean erasing actual time, isn't it?
meh, im disappointed i didn't even make most of the practise sessions, last few weeks i've been in a proper fever(about 39.5-40 max) and then the "Provinssirock 2011" here, so basically had no "time" to do the prac sessions, would've been quite fun for me :/
Quote from Kova. :Oh, and, running a new attempt on bumping day mean erasing actual time, isn't it?

Correct - it's the same as pole day in regards to if you already have a time on the board. You've got 3 fresh tries at setting a better one, but unless you really really want to, if you're in the top 20 you don't really need to unless you think you can tremendously improve.

Also don't forget - as long as you have a time on the board, you ARE eligible to actually be in the race should a top 30 driver be unable to attend on race day.
I'll try to fix that 29th position today
Yes so, I have 3 other chance to be on the top 30.
Apparently, I made a mistake yesterday that made me be that slow. Hope to get faster today.
I will try to get top 3 today, would be so awesome for me on oval
I know the servers are down right now - I've just bought a server to use as a backup - but as of this moment still waiting on the server to be created. Here are the options for Bump Day:

1) If a server can be sorted prior to 16:50 UTC, the session will start ON TIME.

2) If a server cannot be sorted prior to 16:50 UTC, but before 18:00 UTC,the session will start 10 minutes after annoucement of which server will be used.

3) If a server cannot be secured by 18:00 UTC, Bump Day will be rescheduled to either Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, and whichever day will see it run from 17:00 to 23:00 UTC.

I'm hoping for option 1 :P
ahmahgawd.. it better be fixed :I
Bump day will indeed run on schedule as scheduled.

Server Name for today: NDR.2011 Kyoto 500 B
Server pass is same as it was for bumpday

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG