The online racing simulator
2011 Kyoto 500: Race Discussion
So that you may discuss the challenge that will be on 25th June - don't worry a qual thread will appear soon also.

Discuss !

Some unofficial comments:

So after last weekend's Speedweeks 400, that was more or less shambolic(:razzShould that happen again, I and many others will again be highly pissed off, surely to the point of possibly leaving LFS - at least it's oval side, so for your sake, my sake, and the sake of everyone, remember this one word for Saturday the 25th:

PATIENCE

It'll get you to the checkers in a position for a decent finish if you keep your heads cool.
2010 Kyoto 500 was the slowest so far, at 143.394 mph (3:27:40.82)
2009 Kyoto 500 was the fastest so far, at 150.8587 mph (3:17:24.26)
2008 Kyoto 500 was run at 147.1294 mph (3:22:24.48)

Generally, the first part of the race is slowest, and around laps 130-240 the fastest. Of course, the less SCs, the faster we'll go.
#2 - Seb66
Just for the sake of my own sanity, here is a video.. on how to draft with 3 cars. Please watch it, for you guys who have little knowledge of what you are doing.. It will stop me crying in the 500 at least.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx5basZRAeo

Right, important infos:
  1. When running in a 4 car draft, NEVER, EVER overtake the 3 cars in front of you, unless you can get past them easily BEFORE you get into the next corner. The best thing to do if you are the last car in a 4 car draft, is to let the 3 guys in front do their drafting, and you just tag along at the back saving fuel in 6th gear or w/e being sucked along by the car in front. Usually drafting with 4 cars is slower than drafting with 3.. So if you want to get to the front (which should be your aim anyway) your best chance is to not F up the 3 car drafting happening in front of you.
  2. If when you are the last car in a 3 car draft, and you fail to get a sufficient run on the two cars ahead of you (like @ 1:00), never dive to the inside, it's gonna **** you up for the next few corners trying to get back into drafting position. Make doing this a priority when drafting with other people.
  3. Last reminder: People seem to think that diving down the inside of the 3/4 car draft you are running with for 10th place is gonna win them the race. It's not. WORK WITH THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU. It's always going to be better in the long run helping the guys around you to go faster. Who knows, you may find a good partner/partners and find yourself flying through the field.
Any questions or w/e.. Just send me a PM or reply in here..
This is actually some good advice for me, thanks.
Wrong thread perhaps, but will practice sessions 4-12 replays get uploaded/posted at some point?
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Wrong thread perhaps, but will practice sessions 4-12 replays get uploaded/posted at some point?

They should all be in the same directory on the site as sessions 1-3, I just haven't had a chance to add the links yet - I'll add them later today.
Quote from dekojester :They should all be in the same directory on the site as sessions 1-3, I just haven't had a chance to add the links yet - I'll add them later today.

I see, thanks.
#8 - Kova.
First lap, first turn, red flag :|
Srry Teemu, pretty sure it was me that screwed it all fotr ya. GL
Could someone direct a LFS noob to the TS channel info?
-
(JayEyeBee) DELETED by JayEyeBee
thx to car 03 D.Engel for ruining my race

2011 Kyoto 500: Race Discussion
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG