The online racing simulator
New version coming soon. Test Patch available.
Hello Racers,

We expect to release a new official version this week. It does not contain the new tyre physics / VW Scirocco / Rockingham. But it's a good LFS update for you to use while the new tyre physics system is finished.

The main things in the new patch :

- New free view in SHIFT+U mode - not bounded by the path
- Improved collision system (with objects / cars / pit garage exit)
- Maximum placed autocross objects increased to 800 (was 512)
- New autocross objects and all objects available at all tracks
- Open track configurations allowing you to drive anywhere
- Collision detection and reporting system (via InSim)
- Graphical optimisations improving frame rates
- Adjustable tyre warmers for hot lapping
- Many other fixes and improvements

It has been tested by the community for some time now. If you haven't tried it yet, you can follow the link below to try out the latest 0.6A version. But please note : if you install the test patch in your existing folder, you can no longer join the Z28 hosts. There are plenty of 0.6A hosts to join if you'd like to do some racing in the new version.

Test Patch 0.6A (and full list of changes) :

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=74811

How this patch came to be :

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=73874

I hope you like the new updates. Thanks to all those who have tested it!
Thx for updates, GO GO GO new psy!
Good stuff!
Gona download when cargame update to 0.6A1
#5 - Myffe
I hope that we get finished A patch soon
Quote from Myffe :I hope that we get finished A patch soon

nah, it's already known to be called 0.6B
Thank you for your message and for your work.
Quote from Inouva :Gona download when cargame update to 0.6A1

Will be A2 at least, on special request

But I suspect this will not happen before the official announcement on the LFS website and the email newsletter.
Thanks for the post!
Great news. Keep up the excellent work!
Thank you Scawen!
Awesome!
Excuse me for asking. Physics of the tyre finished or no? I Google translate like finished, but people who translate, speak that not finished.
Thanks for making the "open configs" happen and adding all the related autocross stuff!
Quote from [Audi TT] :Excuse me for asking. Physics of the Tyre is over or No? I Google translated like over, but people who translated, speak that not over.

Not yet.
Quote :But it's a good LFS update for you to use while the new tyre physics system is finished.

"While" is the important word; we can make use of this patch while Scawen finishes with the tyre physics.
-
(Flame CZE) DELETED by Flame CZE
Even tho I canot test this out as much I would like I love to hear about new patches Good work!
Nice!
#18 - senn
Adjustable Tyre warmers, man the hotlappers will be loving that
Tyre Warming?
Tyre Warming option @Scawen Will this possible in multiplayer?
I was very happy to see this at last in hotlapping, takes out alot of the frustration of warming the tyres to perfection only to clip the grass wall etc .. Disapointed its not in the multiplayer side a little. But a Nice feature non the less.

But looking forward to the official updates
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :Tyre Warming option @Scawen Will this possible in multiplayer?
I was very happy to see this at last in hotlapping, takes out alot of the frustration of warming the tyres to perfection only to clip the grass wall etc .. Disapointed its not in the multiplayer side a little. But a Nice feature non the less.

But looking forward to the official updates

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1605286#post1605286

That should give you some answers/speculation.
ahh thanks, missed that discussion.I finished work etc and spotted this thread.
Thank you Scawen!
Everything is going well with this patch so far. Can`t wait new tyre physics! You guys are great and we believe in you!
Yes:bannana_p.
It's a really great patch considering amount of time you have spent on it. Thanks Scawen!

We will miss these daily/weekly progress reports you were giving us lately

BUT....since you will have to write something about 0.6B release at lfs.net, you might write something about new tyre physics. In last progress report you were writing about technical aspects of new tyres. I think it would be nice if you could write something about how new tyres will be better from the old tyres when it comes to driving. In which situations difference betwen new and old will be noticable the most. Will new tires physics change the way cars feel in LFS diametrically... etc. etc.

Quote :Eric has been working on some more S3 content but he would like to get nearer to finishing before we show any new pictures.

Would be nice to see something new from Eric if he already is "nearer to finishing".

BTW it's a bit wierd that LFS Viewer 0.6A has Scirocco while LFS 0.6B does not Might be confusing for newcomers.
*Crawls out of Off-Topic*
It's so bright here...

A new patch eh?

*Looks at the feature list, scratches head, crawls back to Off-Topic*
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG