The online racing simulator
Quote from PMD9409 :What's wrong with that?

Never said it was wrong

Meh, I'm over the stupidity of tonight but then I was never gonna make the end. Timed out I think when you were all under SC #235436436 or laps wise 157.

You'll all be calm about it tomorrow. Although the banhammer will hopefully be used on a couple of people. I might actually protest for once :|

Tbh Phil, in your case dont think I saw you drive retardedly (whilst you were in my view anyway) so meh.

Shame the race was so SC filled as I was actually doing pretty well. Tyres were cooking though and only got my wheel today after not even expecting to get it so that was disadvantage. Barely scraped through quali, made a good first part of the race avoiding incidents and got up to 13th from 29th before I got pwned.

After that wasnt really that good. Got dicked over literally 7 times from helping people draft, then they would get person ahead and leave me or trying to get 3 car going only to be left out :|

Ahh well. 500 will be fun. I plan to watch from teh sidelines ;o
I wasnt the best today too but some drive4rs make strange things. Why some guys cant do 500m after a screstart without crashing? Sometime i was in the middle of 4 cars and a 5th tried to overtake all 4 on inside... Dunno whats th nessecary for this...

But we will see who will be banned and not or if they will ban some people...
I guess I gotta apologize for the massive wreck I caused right at the start by turning into two cars, and also for all the other stuff, but I seriously can't be bothered to look all through it again, I'd rather put that race behind me... :|
sorry jack for the contact after the yellow was waved :/
Quote from PMD9409 :What's wrong with that? Everyone should be banned for the stupid moves they made. Admins are too "nice" to some just so they have cars left racing in the series (or interest left). The problem is that people were driving like idiots, it got to a point to where I was driving like an idiot, and I never get like that.

If multiple people don't get DQ'd and banned for their actions, I won't be racing in the 500 (if I'm not banned myself).

Well, from my own experience I don't think most drivers will be bothered to report anything, and the admins have other stuff to do than investigating incidents themselves.

However, considering that "cautions breed cautions", perhaps some simple rules could perhaps be implemented to avoid as many risky situations as possible, and therefore have more green flag racing?

Here are some random ideas:
  • Make everyone drop of at least 1 lap while reparing damage in the pits. Most of the incidents are created by the fact that everyone is being plainly too agressive, because even in case of major suspension damage, there is still the possibilty to pit under caution for repairs, and still rejoin at the back of the queue, in the lead lap. Probably if all drivers knew they would lose any chance for a good result in case of damage, most would pull less risky moves and pay more attention to the others. Sure, this rule would also catch innocent victims, but that's motorracing.
  • Implement a minimum of X car lenght between each car at restarts. Most of the incidents are occuring a few corners/a few laps after a restart, as the pack is very close at this points of the race. Spreading the field a bit could help. This rule could be quite hard to implement strictly, though.
  • One of the reasons why incidents are occuring directly after restarts is that tyres are usually cold for everyone, and most drivers have trouble estimating their abilities to master their car in these conditions. The solution could be to implement a mandatory tyre change for everyone(with refuel and damage repair disallowed) if there are a certain amount of cautions in a certain amount of laps, in order to break that vicious circle of "colder tyres=more cautions".
Some thoughts for 2012, or possibly even earlier?

Just trying to be constructive instead of going "OMFG WHAT A ****ING DISGRACE" etc

________

Oh, and perhaps something could be done against people speeding on purprose in the pits under caution. The trick is not recent, some have used it in LFSCART/Light in 2009/2010 but it has been used by a good half-dozen of people today, which is probably getting a bit too much. I mean, those people are after all exploiting a loophole in the rules, end up breaking totally the spirit of the rules - while respecting the law. Clearly they are also gaining an unfair advantage against those respecting the limitations and possibly losing a lap in some occasions while doing so.
I was actually surprised by the behavior of some ineX guys, constant deliberate speeding by someone, dunno why they needed that.
Quote from TexasLTU :I was actually surprised by the behavior of some ineX guys, constant deliberate speeding by someone, dunno why they needed that.

I wasn't surprised about that. Couldn't wait anything else after last kyoto500 prac.
Ofcourse you want to stay on the lead-lap when there is still less then half the race to go.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Ofcourse you want to stay on the lead-lap when there is still less then half the race to go.

You wanna stay on the lead lap all the time because its so hard (maybe too hard) to get your lap back.
Quote from JackDaMaster :You wanna stay on the lead lap all the time because its so hard (maybe too hard) to get your lap back.

Exactly
Quote from boothy :Why should Thilo/Deko/others have to waste their time doing that? I'll let you and the rest of the field do that.

they are allready wasting their time on 20 SC's so why not.
I bet if you disabled caution flags the racing would instantly get cleaned. I caused and accident today out of plain stupidity, but some people can't give a shot and just dive in there for no reason, over and over.

Especially that gold inex car.
Actually the every run-off from the track is declared as caution and worth of SC. (not talking 'bout big ass ones, but you know what I mean).
this is no excuse, but kyoto is a pretty awkward oval aswell. I think once rockingham emerges we will see cleaner racing due to more symetrical banking etc.

It was quite odd that all the incidents happened in 2 or 3 though....
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :
Oh, and perhaps something could be done against people speeding on purprose in the pits under caution. The trick is not recent, some have used it in LFSCART/Light in 2009/2010 but it has been used by a good half-dozen of people today, which is probably getting a bit too much. I mean, those people are after all exploiting a loophole in the rules, end up breaking totally the spirit of the rules - while respecting the law. Clearly they are also gaining an unfair advantage against those respecting the limitations and possibly losing a lap in some occasions while doing so.

Quote from TexasLTU :I was actually surprised by the behavior of some ineX guys, constant deliberate speeding by someone, dunno why they needed that.

They do it in real life to maintain their lead lap status. It isn't a loophole, as they are still penalized to starting last. So go complain to IndyCar and NASCAR for making the rules that this and the Kyoto 250 is based off of.
So, if I take out any person in a race, and say "Hamilton does the same! In Monaco!", that means its OK to crash out everyone, because Formula 1 drivers does the same?
It's not really the same thing now is it
Its not actually the same, but by some meaning its "Someone is cheating IRL, gets a penalty and comes back almost unharmed, why can't I?"

Thats just no respect for competetors and rules/admins who made them. I don't say I am the saint one, but some common sense would be appreciated.
Ok filed in a protest.

I just want to say that I haven't done this ever, mainly because I haven't been in such an absurd situation before. And because of my mutual respect for the other driver and his choises...

About the race... well there's nothing to say really...

If I don't see an improvement in the general sportivity and fairness of the racing in the upcomming Kyoto 500 event I probably won't attend since I know that it will be just another waste of time.
Quote from Drifters Only :Session of Incident (Qualifying, Race): Race

Timecode of incident (mpr time preferably, but session time acceptable): 2:47:33

Lap of incident: 184

Your Car Number: 53

Other Car(s) Involved: 9

Brief Description of incident: #9 gets over exited going down turn 3. Tries to overtake #53 (me) down the inside, there's no room. Hits the infield, loses control than (seemingly) deliberately hits me, ruining my race because of damage which made me lose 1 lap to the leader.

https://www.dropbox.com/galler ... 551/1/NiceTryBro?h=b4b31b

Looks to me you completely gave me no room when I have your inside. If anything you should be thanking me for not being the other 99% of the people that would just take you out right then and there instead of spinning myself out to avoid you. Coming back up into you though I was completely out of control because of you pushing me down there. You chose your own fate.
I understand your point of view, but you came really quick up onto me (which wouldn't have happened with any other racer exept for any of the IneX guys since they had the first hand info on when the guy in 1st place would go) I checked mirrors everything was fine and I didn't expect you to jump into the inside, that's why you see the late reaction on the pictures of me going a bit to the outside.

We'll have the admins decide on this. If it was my own mistake they will tell .
I know, but I am just replying to the fact you made it look 100% blatant when in reality you pinched me off quite a bit. I know you wanted to work with your team mate that was right infront of you, but if you wouldn't have blocked me down onto the apron while I am beside you then none of this would have ever happened.

You act like I just came up so fast, but how am I supposed to react when on the inside of someone who just comes directly down on me in the corner? Things go both ways.
I had a look at the incidents I was really mad about (Meriluoto and Sedgwick) and while maybe they were half a car width away from where they should have been, it was really just too close racing.

I just want to forget about this "race."
Ok Phil my bad, wasn't supposed to seem like that. Thanks for your explination, that was all I wanted .

Hope to race you again, with hopefully a better ending to the race for both of us ...
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by SCA-F1
For me, the race was long but generally pleasant... I would like to thank Dan, Seb and Arox for singing with me under caution and making the whole race far more fun than it was for most others.

Thanks to the admins for putting up with us as 98 laps of caution is bad on all counts. But on the bright side not many of the 30 starters DNF'd.... so grats? for that one.

Anyhoo, I have no one to hate on, one driver apologised to me straight after the race and showed alot of sportsmanship in doing so. Respect for that one at least.

kthnxbai.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG