The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :There's a front and rear tyre warmer setting in the Tyres section in the Garage.

Quote from PMD9409 :Not true.

UFR, XFR, FXR (all being R3 front and R2 rear), and FZR (R2 front, R3 rear). So it is quite needed actually.

Sir, we are talking about hotlaps. In hotlaps slicks R3 is not used, apply in training or qualifications. But I support the idea of individual heated front and rear wheels.

GT2 Poll
Quote from [Audi TT] :Sir, we are talking about hotlaps. In hotlaps slicks R3 is not used, apply in training or qualifications. But I support the idea of individual heated front and rear wheels.

So why does the FXR KY3R WR, and many UFR/XFR/FXR WRs use R3/R2 then?
Quote from boothy :So why does the FXR KY3R WR, and many UFR/XFR/FXR WRs use R3/R2 then?

Sorry, i didn't know. Since i these combos no hotlaps
but
Quote :But I support the idea of individual heated front and rear wheels.

Summary of changes
Thank you all for the feedback and discussions. I think it is all done now, which is good because I have a few more things to do before the incompatible test patch can be released - I do expect that to be this week. Please do try out the hotlapping changes when the test patch is released, to make sure the system is well tested before the official patch.

After two days, this is the point we have arrived at...

Tyres section in garage - settings for tyre warmer temperatures
You can load a layout in hotlap mode (may include start position)
NOTE : LFS World hotlaps may include start position - not objects
Hotlapping is possible on open configurations (not for LFS World)
Reliable detection of wall side impacts (e.g. at South City)
Pit stops are no longer available in Hotlapping mode
we test)
Scawen: Why no pit stops?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Scawen: Why no pit stops?

He posted his opinion on them in this very thread, read his posts and you'll understand (maybe).
Quote from Scawen :
Tyres section in garage - settings for tyre warmer temperatures

All good, but on this point we will "only" have access to temperature ? not the amout of rubber on the tyre ?
Quote from pik_d :... read his posts and you'll understand (maybe).

Indeed, and since this is a test patch, I guess that if somebody has a very good reason for reinstating pitstops in hotlaps, they might come back...
Quote from Flotch :All good, but on this point we will "only" have access to temperature ? not the amout of rubber on the tyre ?

That seems to be the case. If you think about it, worn tyres going quicker are an artefact of the current physics model. In real life, the tyres are at their best when new. Perhaps Scawen has not included amount of wear because he knows the new physics are closer to the truth.
Why wear? Tires must be warmed and fresh. Percent wear should not be regulated (0%). Remember the Formula 1, there also is heated fresh tires and begin to go qualify.

Sorry for the translation from Russian into English. Me too difficult to understand you.
I thought the "poll" is for current version of physics ...
But I agree, fresh tyre should perform better in most cases
Quote from Flotch :I thought the "poll" is for current version of physics ...

In addition to physics, from some people had a desire to new classes.
what about when some demo racer want check WR, and this replay contains layout (which isnt avaible in demo) ?
Just to be clear : a hotlap at LFS World can only contain a start position.

But yes, that is a layout, even if it's only a start position. Good point, I'll check what happens and make sure it works. I guess they'll need to be able to watch it, just like they can use the training lessons which are also layouts.
Yes - demo racers can watch replays that contain layouts. :up:
Quote from Scawen :Yes - demo racers can watch replays that contain layouts. :up:

So i'd assume the "test run" option is disabled for them?
Looking forward to testing the hotlapping, can you hear me TBO guys
Who takes hotlapping seriously now anyways, as long as people are allowed to use exploits like button clutch scripts and what not. Looking at most of the wr's set in the last 6 months or so sure is a sad sight. Just thought I'd mention it while we're on the subject on fixing hotlapping stuff...
Me

But you are right. I stop the hotlaps with TBO & UFR because of this button clutch sh1t and i am driving only cars that not affected (etc FXR)

Its a shame.
Any official position on killing the button-clutch exploit with an incompatible patch?
Quote from Neilser :Any official position on killing the button-clutch exploit with an incompatible patch?

It was mentioned in the INSIM Changes thread
Quote from Scawen :That seems to be a bug which I have now fixed. The player flags were not checked for changes when leaving the Controls screen.

I don't know if that affected any other PIF_ flags, but if it did, they should be fixed too.

that has nothing to do with the exploit. Only to servers where button clutch is forbidden.
Yeah I guess you're right. I kind of inferred from the remark, that starting a hotlap is equivalent to leaving the pits, so exploits like that would be detected. It's a point that needs clearing up all the same.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG