The online racing simulator
Round 1 - GP of Aston Discussion
Bonjour to the season kick off. We go racing! Round 1 from Aston North!

Server: NDR.LFSCART 2011
Date: May 14th 2011
Pass: Will be PMed to entered and confirmed drivers
Track: AS7
Laps: 47 (will be 48 taking into account the formation lap)

IMPORTANT: The Line-Ups are to be posted in the Line-Ups thread by May 13th 1800 UTC!

17:35 UTC Official Free Practice (Attendance not mandatory, 20 minute duration)
18:00 UTC Qualifying (Two groups, 10 minutes per group, group assignments made public prior to race day, open track)
18:30 UTC Superpole (top 6 of Qualifying, result of this session sets top 6)
18:45 UTC Race (Formation lap, then return to grid for standing start, controlled via InSim App)

18:00 UTC = 14:00 EDT / 19:00 BST / 20:00 CEST

To convert into your local time (if not listed here), either compare UTC vs your local time in the LFS lobby screen (singleplayer can do this also) or use the Time Zone Converter

Qualifying Groups:

Group 1:
1, 2, 3, 6, 9, 10, 12, 15, 19, 21, 22, 24, 25, 30, 33, 35, 53, 56, 59, 61, 64, 72, 74, 80, 87, 89, 90, 92, 94, 96

Group 2:
7, 8, 11, 13, 14, 18, 20, 23, 27, 31, 32, 41, 43, 45, 52, 55, 58, 60, 63, 65, 67, 69, 71, 73, 77, 78, 88, 91, 93, 99

Stream DL link

Now Discuss!
didnt get any password pm'ed yet
#3 - CSF
edit, nevermind
#5 - CSF
You don't have the road course hotlap.
#6 - kiste
is there any livestream today?
Quote from kiste :is there any livestream today?

Yes, I will post that information shortly.
#8 - kiste
nice
Server is full.
Quote from dekojester in race PM :3 - A compulsory pitstop will be enforced, but no service is required. The window for this stop has not yet been determined.

So, has pit window been decided yet?
Deko said 4-45 ingame laps (3-44 race laps)
Thanks.
Having had a look at the rules and this is what it says:

Quote :XIV. Communication

3. Chat is prohibited during any session. In qualifying, there will be one fastest session lap removed for chat on a per line basis. In the race, a DT penalty is issued. Repeat offenses may merit an SG penalty.

I hate to be picky but my understanding of "during" is while the session is running, and I agree, that makes sense as it distracts the runners. Still, from what I gather "during" does not mean "in between the sessions", does it...? If you want to enforce that rule then at least clarify it...
This is just silly.

Qualifying:
Qualifying is 10 minutes long, and its hardcore. Can barely get in 2 laps. There's 20+ cars on the track, and you get screwed over and then you can't even make it into the race. Instead of doing like what we did in iTCC and splitting the people into 2 servers and doing longer sessions, we go for this messy way and cause massive confusion and screw people with giant black dildos.

Do we do inlaps on SuperPole too? I don't remember this last year, and this round it just seemed like we were in the way when doing it.

Track selection:
AS7 is fun to lap by yourself hotlapping and what not, but it isn't a race track for single seaters, at least not of this caliber. Throw 30 cars into the first 3 hairpins, you are asking for crashes, then throw in the rest of the lap with the fast corners and only way to pass people is by going side by side is ridiculous corners at 100+ mph, and once again you are asking for crashes.

Add in the silly corkscrew that causes damage in these cars and that sooner or later will end your race is not raceable either.

-

The overall driving is sub par as far aggressiveness goes. I had some interesting pushes from some people, but awesome racing from others. Both admins and racers need to use their brain a bit more, that's all I know, and I'll end it with that.
Quote from PMD9409 :This is just silly.

Qualifying:
Qualifying is 10 minutes long, and its hardcore. Can barely get in 2 laps. There's 20+ cars on the track, and you get screwed over and then you can't even make it into the race. Instead of doing like what we did in iTCC and splitting the people into 2 servers and doing longer sessions, we go for this messy way and cause massive confusion and screw people with giant black dildos.

Do we do inlaps on SuperPole too? I don't remember this last year, and this round it just seemed like we were in the way when doing it.

Couldn't agree more..
Thanks for the most fun I've ever had in a race guys!
Quote from PMD9409 :This is just silly.

Qualifying:

Agreed. Q1 and 2 need to be at least 20 minutes.

Regarding the chat penalties: if you're going to make the Q2 drivers leave the server for Q1 and vice versa, you need to a) announce that in the rules, and b) explicitly state that chat WILL NOT be opened between the two sessions (i.e. after Q1 was completed and before Q2 starts).

You cannot guarantee that those who were off the server during Q1 will know that the chat ban has not been lifted (since it traditionally is after a session is complete). Even if they have remote on, they may have left the room long enough to miss the message scroll by in the message history. I think this is what happened to Liane.

Ruben got penalized for asking for clarification on whether he needed to leave the server. He is not alone in being a non-native English speaker. I don't think you should be penalizing people for asking admins direct questions about procedure, when they have no other recourse.
I don't even think there is a problem with the rules, moreso that the admins didn't follow them.

Q1 is a session, Q2 is a session, and SuperPole is a session. Even in MoE that has the similar style, chat is allowed in between sessions, or at least general questions. Simon said "Good lap Dom" after Q1 was over, got a penalty. Ruben asked a general question that was not clarified in the rules and got a penalty.

When you make 30 billion pages of rules for us to read, at least as admins follow them yourself, because you guys are no exception, admins or not.
#21 - CSF
But no mention of your spin on the straight.
Quote from CSF :But no mention of your spin on the straight.

It was mentioned you idiot. How about you watch it again... But actually watch the video this time?
#23 - CSF
You don't show it though, it's mentioned by me as you pass someone else.
So? It was the same thing that happened with me and teemu at the start.. Lag contact in the traction zone which just turned the car around I was only showing clips of what was mentioned on stream, and since it wasn't mentioned until 3/4 through the race, I didn't bother showing it Feel free to make your own video of it though
#25 - CSF
I can't make video's cause im mentally handicapped.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG