The online racing simulator
Spinoff : Areas that need contact detection enabled
Hello Racers. The new open configurations open up some areas that have problems, because the collision detection has been switched off on some segments, for optimisation reasons.

Though I haven't investigated further, it may be possible for LFS.exe to switch on the contact detection in some areas. I hope that there aren't TOO many places like that... I can't just switch on *everything* - that would include overhead power cables, some inaccessible buildings and would reduce frame rates.

But if you could post a screenshot here of areas where you fall through the ground, maybe I can put some code into the exe that switches on those particular "no physics" segments.

For a start - this area at the Fern Bay mini-oval (posted by kart-36) :

FIXED IN Z33
Attached images
Bug.jpg
Scawen : FIXED IN Z33

KY3x.

Quite a bit off onto the grass.
Attached images
KY3x1.jpg
KY3x2.jpg

BLx
falling in the lake
Attached images
bl_lake.jpg

BL Rallycross section
(missing barrier, can fall through ground)
Attached images
BL_rallycross.jpg

ASx
missing barriers allow you to go off-track
Attached images
asx.jpg
Scawen : WILL NOT BE FIXED

AU3+4
Attached images
lfs_00000033.jpg

KYx
Attached images
KYx.jpg

Fe
Attached images
lfs_00000034.jpg
#9 - Kova.

AS5x beautiful way for going sign autographs for spectators
IMO, it should be "materialised" it look fun to drive here!

E: Oh, don't see antonis found it too
Attached images
lfs_00000170.jpg
lfs_000001692.jpg

I really dont know if this is a bug, but im reporting...
Attached images
ASxBUG2.jpg

SeiShin,Kova.
Befor post your bugs read previous posts!

ADD: SO4X
near side street
Attached images
lfs_00000035.jpg
lfs_00000036.jpg

theres a line up ahead that you drop through, also behind me near the small palm trees.
Attached images
this general area has holes.jpg
I remembered in the Skid Pad. In open config no problem.
Attached images
lfs_00000001.jpg
KY1X
patch Z33
Attached images
lfs_00000054.jpg
lfs_00000055.jpg
lfs_00000057.jpg
Quote from Vagner :I remembered in the Skid Pad. In open config no problem.

Thanks for the report but I can't do anything about that one, it would require a track update.

Quote from denis-takumi :KY1X
patch Z33

These ones I can't do anything about either, as there is no existing object that can close off those ends while leaving the corners open.

In these cases it's just for the layout designer to close the gaps.
Quote from Scawen :In these cases it's just for the layout designer to close the gaps.

<conspiracy theory>Why it says "layout designer" and not Eric?</conspiracy theory>
/facepalm

he means the server layout editor.
Quote from Vagner :I remembered in the Skid Pad. In open config no problem.

Scawen can you relook at the skidpad. most of the offroad areas that are dirt/grass are super hard to drive through (like glue) 40mph tops. is there anyway you can change the surface type to something a little more drivable (ie sand/grass consistency). As well as maybe making the areas around where i have circled farther from the track, solid and drivable as well.

Check the attached SS for the area in question
Attached images
skidpad.jpg
Quote from edge3147 :Scawen can you relook at the skidpad. most of the offroad areas that are dirt/grass are super hard to drive through (like glue) 40mph tops. is there anyway you can change the surface type to something a little more drivable (ie sand/grass consistency). As well as maybe making the areas around where i have circled farther from the track, solid and drivable as well.

Check the attached SS for the area in question

It also doesn't show grass particles when accelerating, it seems very weird. Only RB4 can accelerate on it in 1st/2nd gear. Getting stuff like this done is the first step towards more awesome rally sports in LFS!
Quote from PcmciaKai :It also doesn't show grass particles when accelerating, it seems very weird. Only RB4 can accelerate on it in 1st/2nd gear. Getting stuff like this done is the first step towards more awesome rally sports in LFS!

+9000

You can actually get out there in other cars but it so difficult its not fun. Ive got a set that allows me to cruise in 4th gear out there but only at the same 40mph.
Quote from PcmciaKai :It also doesn't show grass particles when accelerating, it seems very weird. Only RB4 can accelerate on it in 1st/2nd gear. Getting stuff like this done is the first step towards more awesome rally sports in LFS!

Yes yes yes +1 Offroading on skidpad would be awesome if it weren't for trying to drive on superglue. Hope this gets fixed, i'd love to try out that terrain in other cars
Ye ofc i love the ide
Just make all the terrain around the drag track solid and grass so its drivable by other cars

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG