The online racing simulator
Update on Lfs Scirocco - Just a bit of fun
Just a little fun I was having on lunch today.

Hopefully not too lame

I am expecting the Duke before LFS.

Who, over the past decade would have been able to say that with a straight face ?
Nice one
I truly hope that developers will smack you all with a major new release when you least expect it...
#5 - Tur8o
Quote from sabbathian :I truly hope that developers will smack you all with a major new release when you least expect it...

like now?
#6 - Fuse5
why is this in a thread of its own?
Lol... EA needs 1 year to create a whole game with 100+ cars and 70tracks (Shift2) and LFS Dev's need 3 Years for 1 Car, 1 Track and New Tire Physics.

Win.
Quote from vistaman :Lol... EA needs 1 year to create a whole game with 100+ cars and 70tracks (Shift2) and LFS Dev's need 3 Years for 1 Car, 1 Track and New Tire Physics.

That's probably because NFS is an arcade with doesnt necessarily require awesome physics and Shift2 probably had little changes in the way of physics from Shift and required less work on MUCH MORE complex aspects of the game (realistic physics = much more work than adding some cars to a game). LFS is a Simulator and requires to be as close to reality as possible. Thats why it needs much more work on 1 single thing (tyre physics).

Thats the way i see it.
Quote from vistaman :Lol... EA needs 1 year to create a whole game with 100+ cars and 70tracks (Shift2) and LFS Dev's need 3 Years for 1 Car, 1 Track and New Tire Physics.

Win.

How big is EA budget? How good are their games? If LFS developers had that amount of money and developers, we would be driving all around the world in any car we want with completely realistic world around us...

Details count, like tyre physics... its not simple... like, ok, here is a tire, it bounces a bit, is round and black and thats it... look at the amount off attention given to tyre physics in one of the posts one of the developers wrote...

Go, play with those 100+ cars on 70 tracks with HDR and motion blur all around... why do you even drive LFS then?
Because it makes more fun. All im trying to say is that they should give us at least some previews not just some lame texts. Why they don't release a beta, everything can be fixed by time instead of letting the players wait for years without any proper information except: "Scirocco and Rockingham is going to be relased".

They should take some good coders. They earned enough money to take some good coders into the team and create the new LFS. I bet people would even do that for free.

Anyway. I'm gonna wait, as all the others. GL HF.
The thing about taking new coders ir that they would have to learn LFS coding and adapt to the code and stuff... thats neither easy nor fast.
Therefore its better for thoes who are coding LFS from the beginning to just continue to do their thing and not hire new coders.
I know the release-date: 21.12.2012
or is the coming of the comet more likely?
Quote from Fuse5 :why is this in a thread of its own?

On almost any other forum I wouldn't have seen any problem with that...

But unfortuanetly many people here are too thick to make the difference between a joke and a development whine thread. So you're right sadly.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=72217 and /thread
Quote from sabbathian :How big is EA budget? How good are their games? If LFS developers had that amount of money and developers, we would be driving all around the world in any car we want with completely realistic world around us...

dont go that far
Quote from xtraction :dont go that far

I find it a bit sad that some of the best products don`t get too much attention and are mostly made by guys who had a vision and knowledge and did their best to do it...

Sure, biggest problem is that most of "gamers" want no brain no pain games... realism is simply too much for them ... I personally don`t even think of some games as games... LFS is not a game for me... it is simulator... another one of my favourite games also, DCS: Black Shark ... and I wonder why no one wants to come to lan party at my place

Some of my dearest pieces of software are just like that... Foobar... made by one guy.... LFS ... three guys ... Minecraft... one guy....

EA or some other giant company should invest serious money into special developer studio for simulation freaks... Just played Crysis 2... damn... that game looks awsome... they went really far away graphically speaking... again... they were concentrated on it, had the budget and time...

What am I talking about? I have no freakin idea...
Quote from sabbathian :I find it a bit sad that some of the best products don`t get too much attention and are mostly made by guys who had a vision and knowledge and did their best to do it...
blahblahsnipsnip

Then show your support and buy a licence ffs
Quote from Hoshimodo :Then show your support and buy a licence ffs

Gladly, but with my pay being late for 4 months, its not in my top priorities...
Quote from Fuse5 :why is this in a thread of its own?

Your right it should be in the other thread but I didn't want to crowd it too much from the more serious comments on there.

Just a bit of a friendly laugh hopefully
Great idea just one question isnt scirocco suppose to get from Berlin to Warsaw on one tank.
I mean are they driving from other galaxy or something
last i read, the VWS was scrapped. something about poly count being too high on VW car renders.

Bazinga!

Win.

Well ....Here is the thing Ea's games suck hard...I mean look at shift its been made by the team that helped made gtr /gtr 2 and race and...i cannot believe how crappy the physics are.IF at least they used the same physics code as gtr 2/race but with the graphics they did shift would be the best game ever...but alas....

But never the less a team that has around 10-15 core stuff developers has archieved somehow to make in one year 100 +(on a recent update list they mention 145+special versions) incredibly looking cars and 70 tracks we 3 developers still work on a handfull of cars and probably 2-3 tracks more for the last 6 years...
So, to be somewhat serious in this funny thread

I am wondering what all these developers do. For one i doubt they made the models from scratch just like that. Isn't it more likely they just use previously build models?
Further i wonder how many devs it needs to make some lame physics, having to just vaguely match their RL counterparts, in various aspects.

Not really to compare it to something like lfs.

PS: It's like comparing a fruit, with a picture of a fruit.
EA do reuse models or update existing mesh when they need to ( be lazy) ....
#24 - PoVo
Please release the Scirocco on 1st July 2011 Not before

Win.

ΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑΑΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑ

What the hell !!!

You compare EA with LFS developers? Give me some of what you're drinking please Pleeeaseee!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG