The online racing simulator
Operation Odyssey Dawn
(69 posts, started )
Operation Odyssey Dawn
Discuss.

Another Iraq situation?
#2 - doyal
Sounds like the next Call of Duty plot.
listening some gaddafi supporter on bbc news They really think they have large force to destroy everyone... May they be bombed to hell.
Sounds like the next Call of Duty DLC pack
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Sounds like the next Call of Duty DLC pack

Yeah doyal beat you to the joke already.

Better luck next time!
#6 - majod
I was against that all the time. I don't like where its going, it was obvious that Libya will respond to those attacks...we well see
#7 - DeKo
Just another excuse to murder a bunch of shepherds for oil.
Why would everyone put the oil before Gaddafi's kills?
#9 - DeKo
Quote from Blas89 :Why would everyone put the oil before Gaddafi's kills?

If it's purely about civilians, why are we not going into the Ivory Coast? Or Egypt? Tunisia? Yemen? Any other country where they're doing exactly the same thing?

I know why, oil. The US weren't giving a fuck, and they were actually opposed to any military action, right up to the point where Gadaffi said that they were no longer going to sell any of their oil to the 'west'. A few hours later, a resolution is passed and the US start leading a conflict.
Quote from DeKo :If it's purely about civilians, why are we not going into the Ivory Coast? Or Egypt? Tunisia? Yemen? Any other country where they're doing exactly the same thing?

I know why, oil. The US weren't giving a fuck, and they were actually opposed to any military action, right up to the point where Gadaffi said that they were no longer going to sell any of their oil to the 'west'. A few hours later, a resolution is passed and the US start leading a conflict.

This.

This is exactly how I see it too....
Quote from DeKo :If it's purely about civilians, why are we not going into the Ivory Coast? Or Egypt? Tunisia? Yemen? Any other country where they're doing exactly the same thing?

Ehhm there are far less kills in those countries you mentioned compared to Lybia, where the civilians were attacked by military forces. In Egypt the army did not act in any way, they were just making the protests a safe place.
One of the points in the UN document is that ally ground armies will not occupy the country. I'm very curious how it will develop and wether after NATO/US will begin with occupation...if they will, I will totally loose my faith in them (the rest....).
#13 - DeKo
Quote from chanoman315 :Ehhm there are far less kills in those countries you mentioned compared to Lybia, where the civilians were attacked by military forces. In Egypt the army did not act in any way, they were just making the protests a safe place.

People are being shot in Yemen, Ivory Coast and Bahrain (by Saudi troops, incidentally) while taking part in perfectly reasonable protests. You're kidding yourself on if you think that this is not to do with oil.

Anyway, it's all about volume of murder, is it? Where is the limit before you start bombing? 10, 20, 100?

In no way am I saying that they should be going to war with any of the countries I've mentioned, I just don't think we should be interfering at all.
I just dont understand why were getting involved... the goverment supposidly have no money but are able to just go and start fighting for something that we have no roll in. It really does my head in that we get involved in things that have no effect on our country :S. I may be failing to see the whole picture and my opinion may seem arrogant but its how i feel
Maybe cause its kinda different to shoot a few rounds into a protest crowd, killing 2 or 3, rather than having airplanes BOMB the crowd and kill hundreds.

Cause thats what was happening in lybia - in one day, the airforce killed nearly a thousand people.

Then the civilians went batshit loco, raided nearby weapons depots (in at least 2 cases, helped by the military units there), and took up the anti-air guns.
the US imports less than 1% of our crude from Libya. This is western europe's fight I'm all for staying out of it.

1. Italy 37.65%,
2. Germany 10.11%,
3. France 8.44% ,
4.Spain 7.94%,
5. Switzerland 5.93%,
6. USA 5.27%
Quote from flymike91 :the US imports less than 1% of our crude from Libya. This is western europe's fight I'm all for staying out of it.

1. Italy 37.65%,
2. Germany 10.11%,
3. France 8.44% ,
4.Spain 7.94%,
5. Switzerland 5.93%,
6. USA 5.27%

its not who imports it, the company that does it.
its the company that gets it out of the ground.
its the company who protects that aswell.

Their is money in absolutely everything and thats all this is.
It's rather pointless expecting much more here than the standard fox/murdoch regurgitation of lies but someone may have their brain turned on !
( Fox News - Even CNN say Fox lie .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... ure=player_embedded#at=35 )

Question 1 : Who said - "The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation."
Answer - Sen. Barry Soetoro, 12/20/2007.
Question 1a: Who, and why is this relevent ?

Question 2: Why were the Israelis providing 50,000 merc's to support Gaddafi ?

Press TV - Israeli arms distribution company Global CST has reportedly, under the authorization of Tel Aviv, provided Libyan ruler Muammar Gaddafi with African mercenaries to clamp down on anti-government protesters.
Egyptian sources have revealed that the Israeli company has so far provided Gaddafi’s regime with 50,000 African mercenaries to attack the civilian anti-government protesters in Libya.
http://www.thetotalcollapse.co ... -to-libya-to-aid-gaddafi/

Question 3: Anyone read a Brooking's Institute report ( Council of Foreign Relations, google them ! ) written in 2009 outlining the overall US strategy in the area with the aim of taking out Iran, via Libya ?

"Libya, Syria, and Iran are, not surprisingly, part of the “bad old Middle East” while Tunisia, Egypt, and even Saudi Arabia are lauded for having responded positively to US threats and acts of destabilization. It appears, judging from Pollack’s analysis, that regimes like Jordan and Saudi Arabia responded with preemptive concessions to the Anglo-American establishment in order to forgo the uncertainty of challenging Western-backed full-scale destabilization efforts.
Pollack goes on to state that America will now back these “progressive,” “reformist” camps and identify Iran as a continued “major threat” in a way that “rallies the Arab street to our side and against Iran and is consistent with our new emphasis on reform and transformation.”
http://empirestrikesblack.com/ ... veals-middle-east-agenda/

"There are three kinds of mind, the first grasps things unaided; the second when they are explained; the third never understands at all."
#19 - DeKo
Or a fourth, schizophrenics. I think you fit into the 4th mate.
http://mt-milcom.blogspot.com/ ... eration-odyssey-dawn.html

apparently communications are being jammed but the article doesn't say by who.

Quote :"Libyan ship or vessel: Remain anchored; do not leave port. The Khaddafi regime forces are violating a United Nations resolution ordering the end of hostilities in your country. If you attempt to leave port, you will be attacked and destroyed immediately. For your own safety do not leave port."

I don't really think it's about oil, it's about them not being able to get rid of Gaddafi whos clearly a ****ing nutcase.

Though i wish we'd stayed out of it, why do we have to lead everything and always play the hero? US has the right idea and now backing out so we get the shit. You help people, using our military and now the arab league throws it back at us, we should just mind our own business then when it turns to shit in libya with Gaddafi nuking benghazi say i told you so.
Quote from DeKo :Or a fourth, schizophrenics. I think you fit into the 4th mate.

And you clearly are the third, let me guess, reading is beyond you ?

Or is it just the concept of thinking for yourself that scares you ?

What interests me is your inability to discuss anything on a rational level and simply resort to abuse !

So why is Israel backing Gaddafi, who the US has choosen to remove ? On the surface it appears strange that two allies are apparently backing different sides, particually as Israel is keeping it's involvement out of the Fox media.

Go on, try to explain that ............
#24 - DeKo
Quote from Racer X NZ :And you clearly are the third, let me guess, reading is beyond you ?

Or is it just the concept of thinking for yourself that scares you ?

What interests me is your inability to discuss anything on a rational level and simply resort to abuse !

So why is Israel backing Gaddafi, who the US has choosen to remove ? On the surface it appears strange that two allies are apparently backing different sides, particually as Israel is keeping it's involvement out of the Fox media.

Go on, try to explain that ............

I'm perfectly capable of thinking for myself, I'm just not completely mental.

Also, you're really saying that I'm the one who isn't rational? What is there to disuss, some random crackpot theories that you've read on some other crackpots website, and immediately believed without thinking it through?

Israel may well be backing Libya, but are you really suggesting a war with Israel? A well tooled up Nuclear capable country, just for giving arms to Libya? We're not exactly allies with Israel, we just keep each other sweet so we don't blow each other away.
Neither I nor the US government are suggesting war with Israel, in fact the US is providing over 3 billion in military aid in 2011 alone.
My question is, given the particulary close and cozy relationship Israel has with the US, WHY are they quietly providing 50,000 merc's to support Gaddafi ?
And, rather than a crackpot theory this is in fact reported in the Israeli media.

Perhaps they were needed to have a proper war ?

You can't steal Lybia's resources without some halfarsed excuse, can you.

Try reading the Brookings Report, it's stated in there exactly what is now happening.

There's none so blind as those who won't see !

In 2010, the House and Senate Appropriations Committees approved President Obama's request for $3 billion in military aid to Israel in the 2011 budget.[41] The appropriation has not yet been approved by Congress.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I ... 3_United_States_relations

Operation Odyssey Dawn
(69 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG