The online racing simulator
GP2 Series 2011 /Asia series
(51 posts, started )
Now they want Kamui back, huh?xD

There are several good tracks in Asia, why don't they just go there?

I don't understand(as always).
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :Now they want Kamui back, huh?xD

There are several good tracks in Asia, why don't they just go there?

I don't understand(as always).

yeah, there is Suzuka, Sepang, hell, they could even try out a different configuration of Yas Marina.
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :I don't understand(as always).

It's more a logistical problem than everything else. Sure it would be lovely to have GP2 Asia in Suzuka, Fuji or Sepang(or even some Chinese fail street-track for the lulz) but I belive they're stuck in the middle-east for short/mid-term. I don't think the teams can afford going any further from their bases if the championship stays as it is.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :(or even some Chinese fail street-track for the lulz)

OH LORD.

Have you heard about the DTM closer 2010? It was FAILTASTIC.

NEVER go to China apart from racing at Shanghai. I tell you, NEVAH.
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :Have you heard about the DTM closer 2010? It was FAILTASTIC.

Sure

And have you heard about the Superleague Chinese round? Almost as much fail as the DTM race.
yay! doesn't really live up to the series' name but seriously, who gives a monkey's?
I'm so going to love Imola's return to a major spotlight in motorsports (with better coverage and fairly longer races).
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :

Will give us some kind of entertainment before F1 starts at least.

WAT entertainment? It will probably on f* Pay-TV where I can't see it!

Thank you Eurosport 2 and others:arge:
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :WAT entertainment? It will probably on f* Pay-TV where I can't see it!

myp2p is your friend.
Sounds good for you. I've got no damn clue what you mean!
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :WAT entertainment? It will probably on f* Pay-TV where I can't see it!

Racing Underground?:shhh:
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Racing Underground?:shhh:

"Rule 1: You don't speak about the Fight Club".

Well, it's not hard if you don't know it at all...

For example, I could only watch the 24hrs of Daytona because they were on Justin.tv... If that would happen for GP2...
So, I hear Grosjean has won race 1...
He won the title.
Great, I didn't even see race 2?
Grosjean won an uneventful race 1. Bianchi was still in contention for the title after finishing 3rd. But he was caught in the T1 pile-up in race 2(poleman Fauzy messed-up the start, then locked-up heavily at T1 and took out Coletti and Bianchi... Quite amazing he still manages to pull this kind of mistakes while he's probably the most experienced driver of the field). Meanwhile Clos won in front of Leimer and van der Garde. Grosjean finished 4th but got a DT for cutting the track while defending from Gutierrez.

Standings: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2 ... sia_Series_season#Results. Bianchi nevertheless gets 2nd, in front of van der Garde.
How did Pål Vahaug get an 6th position giving him a point, but Fauzy got an 8th place also giving HIM a point? Is that a mistake on wiki or are the points screwed?
Quote from BlueFlame :How did Pål Vahaug get an 6th position giving him a point, but Fauzy got an 8th place also giving HIM a point? Is that a mistake on wiki or are the points screwed?

Here's the point system:

Qualifying:

2 Points for pole position

Race one:

1st place: 10 points
2nd place: 8 points
3rd place: 6 points
4th place: 5 points
5th place: 4 points
6th place: 3 points
7th place: 2 points
8th place: 1 point

Fastest lap: 1 point

Race two:

Top 8 from race one will get reversed for the grid in race two and rest of the field will stay as finished in race one.

1st place: 6 points
2nd place: 5 points
3rd place: 4 points
4th place: 3 points
5th place: 2 points
6th place: 1 point

Fastest lap: 1 point
Ah, it makes sense when you see it written, but looking a apoint chart it's annoying as a guy who finnishes high in 2nd race can have less points than someone who finnishes low in the first race. And wiki for instance, has no guide to the scoring system, you just see positions and points.
Quote from BlueFlame :Ah, it makes sense when you see it written, but looking a apoint chart it's annoying as a guy who finnishes high in 2nd race can have less points than someone who finnishes low in the first race. And wiki for instance, has no guide to the scoring system, you just see positions and points.

Uhm, right, but keep in mind that the guys who finish high in race 2 are generally the ones finishing low-ish in race 1(5th-8th, not low obviously, but meh), because of the top 8 reversed grid... This kind of people can't complain, really, because he generally wouldn't have had the pace for a podium in a "normal" race.

To be honest there are just enough points given for race 2, really... No need to reward too much people for the artificial reverse grid races... Not to mention it's shorter than race 1.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Uhm, right, but keep in mind that the guys who finish high in race 2 are generally the ones finishing low-ish in race 1(5th-8th, not low obviously, but meh), because of the top 8 reversed grid...

To be honest there are just enough points given for race 2, really... No need to reward too much people for the artificial reverse grid race... Not to mention it's shorter than race 1.

I know, I understand the reasons behind it, I just meant purely from a reviewing perspective, it's confusing.
It actually is, that's true. Especially since race 1 wins count as much as race 2 wins when it comes to ties. Which is something I never understood really.

GP2 Series 2011 /Asia series
(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG