The online racing simulator
2011 Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona
(70 posts, started )
I look forward to this race every year as its the first taste of racing after the winter(even though we still have another couple months of cold here). Anyone else going to be watching this weekend? SPEED looks like they have 12-13 hours of coverage this year, I'll probably watch a good portion of it. Just wish they had more throughout the night though as that is my favorite time to watch, maybe there will be an online stream on their website or something though.
I'll bew watchning it all.
I cannot wait for it. I look forward to it every year.
I was actually going to go there for the race (Only 45min-1hour from Daytona) but some last second things come up.

I'll watch as much as possible though.
#5 - CSF
Go go Brundle and Blundell with your zimmer frames. :rolleyes:
Yeah, this and the Super Bowl I look forward to because they signal that racing season is about to commence fully. Actually seeing racing action for the first time in a few months always makes me pretty happy.. I'll probably watch the first 2 hours and the last 3 or 4.. maybe some in the morning if I have the time... Somebody should go a KY2 24 hour race next year the weekend before this with TBO class and GT class (since we don't have anything slightly like Daytona Prototypes).

Side Note: FIA head man was at the July race or Feb. race for Grand-Am's Daytona visit last year... I figure July because NASCAR had a race directly afterwards but I forget entirely.

I laughed because I think he left before the 2nd race of the double header of Grand-Am and NASCAR.. He wouldn't want tight racing in F1 anyways probably
Quote from Cornys :Yeah, this and the Super Bowl I look forward to because they signal that racing season is about to commence fully. Actually seeing racing action for the first time in a few months always makes me pretty happy.. I'll probably watch the first 2 hours and the last 3 or 4.. maybe some in the morning if I have the time... Somebody should go a KY2 24 hour race next year the weekend before this with TBO class and GT class (since we don't have anything slightly like Daytona Prototypes).

Side Note: FIA head man was at the July race or Feb. race for Grand-Am's Daytona visit last year... I figure July because NASCAR had a race directly afterwards but I forget entirely.

I laughed because I think he left before the 2nd race of the double header of Grand-Am and NASCAR.. He wouldn't want tight racing in F1 anyways probably

Todt was there at the July event I remember. But he was also at the NASCAR race, from what they said over here.
Ah, good, maybe they'll take some of the good ideas that NASCAR has while keeping the good ones that F1 currently uses in the future (Do you have a news releace for that by chance?)

Really looking forward to the race this weekend
Brundle/Blundell 9th after qualifying.

Flying Lizard on pole.

Looking forward to the race. Always gets my hyped up for ALMS/LMS.

Go Brundle/Blundell!
Anyone knows, maybe its on Eurosport? Would be keen to watch
Online.

There is always someone streaming in on JustinTV or Ustream.
#12 - DeKo
Worth giving vipstand.net a try, usually is good for me.
In Europe the race will be aired on Eurosport 2 on Saturday beginning at 21:30 UTC, though there won't be a flag-to-flag coverage. Everyone who only gets Eurosport has to wait until Febuary 8th 23:45 UTC for an race recap.
That's crappy that Europe doesn't get coverage of it being that there aren't any races going on until later on in the year. Some American should broadcast their live TV feed online from the Speed broadcast (I don't know how to do that myself lol)
feeling a bit blue now, i had booked time off to be able to watch this on tv (work nights inc sat) but i had to bring it forward a week to take care of a friend who was going into hospital for an op. felt good about it at the time but kind of sucks now
#16 - Osco
Quote from TFalke55 :In Europe the race will be aired on Eurosport 2 on Saturday beginning at 21:30 UTC, though there won't be a flag-to-flag coverage. Everyone who only gets Eurosport has to wait until Febuary 8th 23:45 UTC for an race recap.

fuuuu.jpg

Sucks. Back to hunting for streams for tomorrow then. I just need decent flag to flag coverage, that's not too much to ask is it?
care to share a link if you find?
Flying Lizard takes DP pole in their first race.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Flying Lizard takes DP pole in their first race.

I would give them pole just for the name of the team, I was fully expecting a picture of a reptile on some kind of rocket crossing the line.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I would give them pole just for the name of the team, I was fully expecting a picture of a reptile on some kind of rocket crossing the line.

Now that's something I wanna see
#21 - DeKo
both Ganassi cars a lap down due to tech issues... wonder if they'll get that back... still a lot of time left.

(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG