The online racing simulator
Huge graphics issue
(16 posts, started )
Huge graphics issue
A picture is worth a thousand words so...:

My setup: WinXp SP3, AMD Athlon XP, WinFast A6200(GeForce6200 chip).

Had LFS installed a few years ago with the same setup and it was fine. All of my drivers are up to date. Help!

P.S. Wtf with the hexagonal UFO's?
Overheating? Not sure. Temp of the GPU core is 45C when playing the game.
It's either overheating, drivers issue or a damaged graphics card. Chipset drivers could be also responsible, but it's been a long time since I saw them cause such problems...
Wormholes , where's lerts when you need him.
Rain spots on your visor, and magic mushrooms in your tea.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Rain spots on your visor, and magic mushrooms in your tea.

I'm kinda starting to.... enjoy... playing this game... But it's still distracting! Can this be solved in any way?
Clean the heatsink, check if there are any newer drivers available and if it doesn't help, borrow another graphics card...
Quote from Viktis :I'm kinda starting to.... enjoy... playing this game... But it's still distracting! Can this be solved in any way?

The people who mentioned your graphics card are probably right - we've seen people report things like this in the past and they have always been hardware problems.
A few months ago I had a few mates over for a group Acid trip, about 4 hours into the trip we all decided to smoke some weed, I suddenly had an urge to play LFS, the 4 of us sat on my couch while I drove.

Suddenly, this graphical error happened, let's just say we all got tripped the **** out.

Stopped after a restart though.
Cleaning the heatsink helps? GPU core temp is in optimum levels. And this solution also sounds like a grass straw for the drowning. I don't want to be dissapointed if it doesnt help.

Update:

Cleaned the heatsink (it was clean... but whatever), installed an old cooler on top of it, but it doesn't help. at all. All that has increased is the noise level, no improvement in visual quality of the game.
I would also go with a GPU problems. I used to see that a couples of times before my 8800gt blew up. Your gpu core is far from overheating but it doesn't mean it hasn't overheated before and when this happen it can give serious permanent damage to your card later on.

Do you have another video card for testing? Even if it's an old cheap card doesn't matter as LFS ask for cpu more than gpu so even a geforce 4 would do the job for testing.

good luck with that !
All I have is a blown up TNT Riva 2.

I'm playing lots of other games on the same PC and they are fine:
Dangerous Waters, Counter-Strike 1.6, IL-2 Shturmovik: 1946, The elder scrolls: Oblivion, Operation Flashpoint: Resistance.

I did have this very problem on some fitness program that my mom installed recently, but I did fix that somehow in the program's settings.
lol! spidarmon webs! kill the spiders and the problem is gone
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :lol! spidarmon webs! kill the spiders and the problem is gone

Well I did clean off some spider webs of the motherboard... didn't help lol
it's a long shot, but what settings in lfs are you using?

did you try setting them to the lowest, and turning AA+AF off?

i'd still try a different driver version just to be sure.

Huge graphics issue
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG