The online racing simulator
Blast from the past!
(98 posts, closed, started )
That's great! Hope i'll find the server populated at some point, i'd love to drive it again with someone.

E: It still writes your PB's to LFS World, kinda amusing. ^^
Since you cannot hold CTRL and select a color for your name, you need to type the color in manually:

Example: ^7[itbrti]^0 Dustin would be: [itbrti] Dustin

Quote from How can I get a coloured player name? / Type messages in colour? :

0 - Black
1 - Red
2 - Light green
3 - Yellow
4 - Blue
5 - Purple
6 - Light blue
7 - White
8 - Dark green (default)

I wish we could unlock
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Maybe the guys are not running the file named "patched" after running the normal one first.

I don't think you need two LFS's running at once. The 'patched' LFS, I believe, just has the IP changed.
No, I meant run the normal one first, then close it and run the patched file.

When I put the folder onto my PC, I tried to run the patched .EXE first, but it came up with an error message. It would not let me run the patched version until I ran the other .EXE first.
I connected to the Demo server just fine, tomorrow I'll ask my father to forward LFS's ports.
Demo works for me too.
Yup. 1.36.1 in xrg is a good time? i don't remember now.
I iz want unlock
Come on at least on the demo server
Quote from kamo2000 :Yup. 1.36.1 in xrg is a good time? i don't remember now.

Think lefty & Simbad were doing 1:34's back then
I emailed the dev's curious if they knew why it was unable to unlock for some.

Quote from LFSTech :Hi,

It's weird that you can unlock - LFS at that time didn't have the master ip stored in the shape of master.liveforspeed.net ; instead it has a hardcoded IP address pointing to one that doesn't exist anymore.
That's probably why they cannot unlock anymore.

Victor

So there might be another way of unlocking working on this? If it was patched to connect to the master address, maybe...
Well supposedly the patched file unlocks for some, I tried unlocking without the patch, had got no response from the server, when I used the patched, it allowed me. So people that get "unlocking error" are connecting, but unable to unlock.
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :Well supposedly the patched file unlocks for some, I tried unlocking without the patch, had got no response from the server, when I used the patched, it allowed me. So people that get "unlocking error" are connecting, but unable to unlock.

What operating system are You using? I just found that my mate unlocked it fine on win xp... i'm on 7 64bit..maybe that's it ?
I am on Win 7 x64 too, so that might be a problem.
#42 - PoVo
I'm on 7 x32 and am having problems.

Although - we can establish a connection to the master (write the wrong GAMEpassword and it will say "Wrong password", write the correct password "Unlock error.").
Hm, I am running windows XP also. Just to check, what happens if you run it in compatibility mode?
Where is the server gone?
Downloaded and ................ OHh your a Demo Racer!

Unlock Error
On Windows Vista / Windows 7, you need to copy key called ProductId from
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT

to
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows

in case of 32-bit operating system, and to
HLKM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows

in case of 64-bit OS.

Btw, this will fix activation/hardware binding/etc for ALOT of old apps and games, not just LFS.

PS: Hazaky has confirmed that this method works.
Quote from E.Reiljans :(... copying ProductId key ...)

I can't find the ProductId key in the folder (using Win 7 x64).
Attached images
regedit.jpg
Quote from Flame CZE :I can't find the ProductId key in the folder (using Win 7 x64).

My bad. Check my post now, I fixed it.
It works now, thanks a lot!
This thread is closed

Blast from the past!
(98 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG