The online racing simulator
Aston track ( IDK if a bug or something )
Well, this allways botter me,the grip sensation is not the same as the rest of the track, no matter what cars do i use, allways the cars tend to skid ( Like on ice ), The grip feels the same as drive on the grass...

Can be the posibility that that Sector have lower values of grip that the rest of the track?

I tryed to follow my own race line , the result is the same
I tryed to follow LFS ( Pressing 4 ) Race line , is the same
I tryed to go for the kerv ( Or whatever is called ) with half of the car on the termac, same result
I tryed to go for the kerv with half of the car in the grass, same result

Even with a single seather and heavy downforce that sectors tends to skid the car

Check for yourself and comment
Attached images
lfs_00000068.jpg
Its just the corner that makes you think like you dont have any grip, I thought that there was something wrong with my wheel when I first tried this track long time ago but the thing is that you just need to turn in early and cut the cerb quite alot, as soon as you have done that straighten your wheel and cut the 2nd cerb all the way into the tire barrier.
#3 - J@tko
I assumed it was because it was over a crest
i noticed something funky in that corner while testing BPM... while driving towards the bottom of the picture, the rear end just loves to whip out and send the car flying into the dirt and bouncing off the wall... i always end up taking it much slower than the AI thinks it should.
Quote from J@tko :I assumed it was because it was over a crest

Mhhh, in the Corkscrew is also over a crest, even with lx4 or any other car you have decent grip

Not the case of the sector i showed in the pic
if you still have grip in the corkscrew, you are simply too slow.

in this turn from as club: if you lack grip, you are too fast.
#7 - Jakg
Quote from baSh0r :in this turn from as club: if you lack grip, you are too fast.

This.

The key is to cut the first apex, and always remember slow in, fast out.

From memory LFS' tarmac grip is constant anyway.
#8 - J@tko
Quote from Inouva :Mhhh, in the Corkscrew is also over a crest, even with lx4 or any other car you have decent grip

I slide on the top of the hill whether I'm going up or down it
The line through the corkscrew is also practically straight compared to that corner.
E.g. in an LX4 you want to get the car slidely sideways on the entry of the turn, but then get max. grip as soon as you floor it to get 100% speed on the straight.
Quote from Forbin :The line through the corkscrew is also practically straight compared to that corner.

Yea, but when you reach the top of the corscrew and the car do the small jump and touch again the termac you have 100% grip again ( Or depends how you take the corkscrew and how do you land ) also some times when you land with your rear left tire first and you are presing the gas, the car tents to loose control or start to skid, is not a easy section of the track, but i find more hard to deal the other part ( The one in the img ) that the corkscrew

In the case of that part in aston, having 4 wheels on the termac still the car skid..., with the lx4 in enter in 4/5 gear, i release the gas (No breake applied ) then the car start to skid

Gona upload a replay so you can see how do i take that part

Edit, here the replay

Lx4 2 laps aston.spr
Attached files
Lx4 2 laps aston.spr - 132 KB - 232 views
ok the line looked good in 2nd Lap, but you are just running too slow, causing the differential to shift torque to the wheels and make you go sideways slowly and steady.

check this spr http://www.lfsworld.net/get_spr.php?file=35746

i think that turn was quite ok, although you can still clip off a bit everywhere.
It feels because curve is getting tighter and tighter to the end so you need release your throttle and cut the curve early so the final result what you get is more speed when exitting the corner

I don't know did I misread but it really felt like this to me lol?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG