The online racing simulator
What OS would you recommend for gaming
Hi . So tommorow i should get my new pc and since i am going to use it for gaming i cant choose what OS i should use to be able to use of ewery thing of what my pc will be capable of.
Specs:
processor : intel pentium dual core E6500 2.8ghz
ram : 4gb ddr3
GC : geforce Gt 240 1gb
MB : INTEL 641 (lust) LGA 115

So i want you guys to help me choose between WIN XP and WIN 7.

really sorry for crappy english..
win 7
Eww, why so weak config? It's 2011.

And yeah, get win7, to be exact - 64-bit version.
Windows 7

IMHO you should not consider any other option.
- XP is old, without major updates, in features and in security
- Vista is good, but not even half as good as Windows 7
But why most games use up less ram in xp than in vista or win 7 ? So isint xp better for games because it uses up less ram? And security does not concern me because i will be using antivirus programs.
LFS and other games perfom 10fps more in Win7 than in XP and Vista...

Plus XP does not support DirectX 10 and 11, so game performance/quality would be worse, even thought they use less ram
i want to say OSX but lfs is not supported there so yes windows 7 would be best for that computer
Quote from Whiskey :LFS and other games perfom 10fps more in Win7 than in XP and Vista...

Plus XP does not support DirectX 10 and 11, so game performance/quality would be worse, even thought they use less ram

thanks , thats all i needed.
Quote from tbofram :i want to say OSX

I want to say you're a %$&*@&$ %&@#.
Quote from tbofram :but lfs is not supported there

That's totally the only reason not to install OS X.[/sarcasm]
Win 7, i got it recently and its great!
Windows 7, anyone else who says anything different hasn't got a clue, simples....
Strange build.

I would go for an X2 550 BE and an HD 5670 seen as they cost the same (here in NZ anyway) and offer better performance.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Strange build.

I would go for an X2 550 BE and an HD 5670 seen as they cost the same (here in NZ anyway) and offer better performance.

i did not choose what to put in it i got it for about 300 pounds. Also the grafics card is GT420 , also the radeon sucks because it does not have pshysicsX and this way the fps drops by alot on certain areas.
if you want to use all that 4GB you'll need 64 bit and xp x64 was crappy, so your only choice is Windows 7 (not that it's a bad thing).
Quote from VyCkA-[WRX] :i did not choose what to put in it i got it for about 300 pounds.

Eww. PC with a 9500GT-level card for $470? :/
I use 64-bit Windows 7, much better than when my PC had XP. I have a 3-year old card and it runs well, but it should be incredible once the new testpatch comes in.
PhysX won't make a difference in most games? It's DX 11, that you would want. Anyway, good luck with getting it working - it should be absolutely fine in LFS. I have a X1950 PRO AGP, an Intel Celeron D356 and 1.5 GB of PC2-5300 RAM, and LFS runs at 60 FPS - 75 FPS on full graphics and textures with about 8 people in race.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG