The online racing simulator
(220 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Which car(s) would you like to see used for the next series?

BF1
XFG+XRG
UF1
XFR+UFR (No Restriction)
FXO+XRT+RB4
FO8
LX6/LX4
MRT
FZ5
FBM
RAC
No offence, but it just sounds like another OWRL F1 to me, with slightly shorter races.
We are not even decided on anything, dont ask me where BMX gets his info...
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :No offence, but it just sounds like another OWRL F1 to me, with slightly shorter races.

I agree.
A simple tintop championship could attract plenty of people, so why not?
I voted for RAC just so I dont have to hit view poll options everytime, that isnt my actual vote if I have to cast one.
Car will be decided on sometime between now and wednesday.
alright, due to reasons (such as another league) we will run the BF1 car. The voting was close between the 2 options at the top and I think BF1 will bring good racing, info and all to follow when I have more free time. I wouldnt expect much to mid GT3 Season.
Some rules and other ideas, no real order in them, i just wrote them down as they appeared in my head.
  • Must start race with enough fuel to finish the race (Note: Some races might be too long due to the track and you'll be short on fuel even with 100%)
  • R2 = Supersoft, R3 = Soft, R4 = Hard
  • Must use 2 kinds of compound during the race. For each race there will be chosen 2 kinds of tires, for example R3 and R4 for KY3. Then you'll only be able to use those in the race. Tire choice will depend on how the tires will handle the track, R2 wont suit KY3 at all but some other track might.
  • 3 part Qualifying, Just like reallife. Any kind of tire allowed, and any kind of fuel level. Shift + S and Shift + P allowed.
  • Point system be as reallife.
  • Atleast 5 or more GP's
  • Broadcast, if possible?
  • Each team has 3 drivers at maximum, if theres more then they can create another team called "Teamname" 2.
Last idea: Each driver need to set a hotlap on atleast 2 tracks that are atleast less than 102% off the World record to be accepted for the league. (If allready set 2 laps before, no need to do again)

Quote from aroX123 :Last idea: Each driver need to set a hotlap on atleast 2 tracks that are atleast less than 102% off the World record to be accepted for the league.

That would remove at least half of possible drivers...
Quote from Eclipsed :That would remove at least half of possible drivers...

+1. There are people out there who are terrible hotlappers but have a good race pace and are less prone to cocking things up than the fast drivers.
102% is about 2 sec of World record on most tracks :P
Well its 2 seconds on a 1.40 WR, and a tad over a second on a 1 min WR. I can barely get within 1s of WR in an XFG, let alone a BF1
ah well shit, scrap that idea then , but what you think about the other ones?
Quote from aroX123 :Some rules and other ideas, no real order in them, i just wrote them down as they appeared in my head.
  • Must start race with enough fuel to finish the race (Note: Some races might be too long due to the track and you'll be short on fuel even with 100%)
  • R2 = Supersoft, R3 = Soft, R4 = Hard
  • Must use 2 kinds of compound during the race. For each race there will be chosen 2 kinds of tires, for example R3 and R4 for KY3. Then you'll only be able to use those in the race. Tire choice will depend on how the tires will handle the track, R2 wont suit KY3 at all but some other track might.
  • 3 part Qualifying, Just like reallife. Any kind of tire allowed, and any kind of fuel level. Shift + S and Shift + P allowed.
  • Point system be as reallife.
  • Atleast 5 or more GP's
  • Broadcast, if possible?
  • Each team has 3 drivers at maximum, if theres more then they can create another team called "Teamname" 2.
Last idea: Each driver need to set a hotlap on atleast 2 tracks that are atleast less than 102% off the World record to be accepted for the league. (If allready set 2 laps before, no need to do again)

real F1 (or atleast iin 2011) will require the 107% rule to pole sitter. Tires and fuel wont be restricted. Teams will probably as you said or similiar. qualifying will follow f1 style
World F1 Series 2011 Discussion

Hey guys, its time to announce the next series... It will be a BF1 series. There will be team/constructor points aswell as driver points and car points (by #). The season will be 7 races long and around 45 minutes to 1 hour each. We will be posting polls up to see what the popular demand on tracks and days and time is. We expect the series to start a week or 2 after GT3 completes.
LFS Formula 1 Challenge Track voting
Vote what venues you would like to see. Please only vote for the tracks that you want of each venue and not every option. If you want to vote WE1R and not WE1 place your vote under WE1 etc . Feel free to comment in this thread.
LFS Formula 1 Challenge Day and time voting
Vote day and a time from above. 30 minutes option is so you can vote 18:30 utc or etc. just choose 18 utc + 30 to do that...
World F1 Series 2011 Driver Signups

Please note a car or number is owned by a team and cannot be removed from that team... I will explain this in detail at a later time.
Driver signup form, with example. Admins reserve the right to reject drivers. All drivers MUST signup here and must register a team even if it be a single driver team.

Driver's LFS S2 name: mustangman759
Driver's Full First and Last name: Matt Kings
Driver's Nation (short name): United States (USA)

track driver acceptance and signup https://spreadsheets1.google.c ... _QRMxGL0Q&hl=en#gid=0
World F1 Series 2011 Team Signups

In this thread your team can claim up to 3 cars or numbers, any driver assigned by the team can drive for that car but may not be released by that team.
Heres how it should look. Example from my team. Numbers may be from 01 to 99 with 00 being reserved for the Fox JR champion. Do not reserve car numbers for a "teamate" unless you are sure they can race.

Team Name: Kings Motorsports
Team Manager (Full name/S2):Matt Kings/Mustangman759
Entered Cars: 3 (up to 3)
License Applications for the team
(Full name/S2/#):
Matt Kings/Mustangman759/21
The Stig/The Stig/99
Driver Aa/DriverA/02

Can be tracked @ https://spreadsheets0.google.c ... klPeHw-_A&hl=en#gid=0

Taken numbers:

-
(rockclan) DELETED by rockclan : n/a
Driver's LFS S2 name: przemek21061995
Driver's Full First and Last name: Przemek Wdowiarz
Driver's Nation (short name): Poland (POL)
Sounds nice but can we drive individualy or we have to drive with a team?
Driver's LFS S2 name: suzuki94
Driver's Full First and Last name: Mathias Wentjärvi
Driver's Nation (short name): Finland (FIN)
individualy, but must sign a team up. teams can be single drivers
Team Name: Hispania Racing Team F1
Team Manager (Full name/S2): Walter Lemmens/rockclan
Entered Cars: 2 (up to 3)
License Applications for the team
(Full name/S2/#):
Elvis Libietis / mousemanlv / 16
Christel van Essen / hoitjes / 17
Driver's LFS S2 NAME: BMXTWINS
DRIVER's Full First and Last name: Ray Kings
Driver's Nation: United States (USA)
Team Name: Last Lap Motorsports