The online racing simulator
Quote from suzuki94 :At test race on as4r I dont think that we had any problems in first turn?

Oh yes we had.
We (you and me) were just in the top 5 so we didn't really see it happening.
Though I remember looking at map and seeing bunch of cars not moving..
how about a testrace for 1 hour with a couple of restarts, testing this kind of chicane ?
Lol, am I the only one who likes it? I'd say thumbs up for this one. My laptimes rose by 1.5 to 2 seconds but I kinda like it. You need to adjust the break bias live to not produce any flatspots on the front tires so it's another challenge, and if you don't change it back you'll have hell in the rest of the track so that's nice.

Most of all this prevents the more experienced drivers to gain an easy advantage trough T1. Just because you aren't used to it doesn't mean it isn't a good change. I like it and it will make for fun racing. The exit isn't bad at all.

Eventho I like it the way it is now I'd say to move the tires about 1m to the inside of the old apex of t2 just to make it a better flow. Otherwise keep this adjustment!
Quote from kart-36 :Just dont like it at all. Whats the sense in making a turn more hard?

Surley you changed it to cause less incidents or smthing, well now there shall be more

You make a corner harder to create more of a challenge for the driver, something new and something you have to put some effort in to do well through! :P

I for one, like it.
After the amount of times most people in the series have raced at various Aston layouts, no section or corner is really new any more.
-
(scipy) DELETED by CSF : scipy not allowed in GTAL section
-
(ivantod) DELETED by dekojester : refering to a post no one else can se
-
(hyntty) DELETED by CSF
Made my own lil edit with the changes I named earlier. Check it out and see if you guys like this better !

Basically what I've done is moved the whole lot about 1 meter closer to the apex, IMO the flow is better trough it and it still does it's job!
Attached files
AS6R_NDR_dekoPMDchicane_Edit.lyt - 1.5 KB - 201 views
check out the server we allready made some changes
As this thread has definetily nothing for me, but I saw the pics and I really want to comment something.

1st: Totally good idea to use kind of that shikane

2nd: People are crying, that it is hard and risky to flip a car. I say, use your skills, you got them on GTAL and you don't use them? HA! drive slower if it is so hard
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :
2nd: People are crying, that it is hard and risky to flip a car.

Err, no, this chicane is supposed to reduce the risks of flipping incident in theory. And I pretty much think it would.

Sure, it probably means more risks for lap 1, but considering that there's no buggy barrier/gravel trap next to that corner, plus a flat runaway area made of grass, if there's an incident, it probably won't bring the SC. I personnally can't see anything worse happening than a couple of spinners in midfield/back of the pack, considering the low speed. Unless you take into consideration that objects near the racing line=more chances for lag spikes=more chances for lag hits=more chances for incidents including at least 1 flipping car. But only a few objects shouldn't represent an issue, really.
Hmm after the Boothy-Chicane, now the PDA-Chicane quick look at it tells me, that it will produce the wanted effects. Let's make it so popular it will permanently be introduced with the new patch... when it is out...

PDA - Palmer Diaz Andrews
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Err, no, this chicane is supposed to reduce the risks of flipping incident in theory. And I pretty much think it would.

So you cut the sand?
Posted the amended lyt and new screenies in the OP.
since the chicane has been made a bit wider and doesnt slow you right down, i can farely say that this is one awesome decision. It will bring some great racing action imo and will test people to there limits when driving at the end of a stint. it needs loads of concentration imo
Quote from dekojester :Posted the amended lyt and new screenies in the OP.

much better and has the desirable outcome. +1 (to my previous +1)
MUCH better, I saw V1 and V2 pictures of the chicane.

The first version looked like you wanted us to chose if we were going left on the second half or go for the "gap" between the hay balls in the middle, luring us into a penalty

HA! Attempt failed!

I'll have a shot at the new chicane soon to get a feeling(Until it's not erased again!).
The version I tested yesterday around midnight CET seem similar to the new screenies in the OP.

It's ok to me. I just realized it's more then two weeks till the race, I thought it was next weekend. So go ahead with this ... a from me.
This one get's both my thumbs up! Great job guys!
just tried the newest version of it (didnt try first) and it seems more dangerous if you mess up just a little you go into tires which then makes a hazard for other drivers if you were to use this chicane route maybe you should remove the left hand poles but keep the bales, i think they are, next to them so if you do try and cut your suspension will likely to be damaged if you want me to upload the edited way i think would help more i will be more than happy to if you dont understand what i mean. anyway current edited for me i dont like it i prefere the original
You shouldn't be affected by the poles on the left hand side, as you need half your car in the dirt in order to hit them.
-
(xtraction) DELETED by boothy : spam
Tried it yesterday, (dind't have the time to see the v1 lyt) and I found the tyres to be too much into the track, I mean those tyres are not just over the curb, they go even further into the track tightening the possible path of the cars.

I'm ok with it, but perhaps moving the tyres just a bit into the curb could be even better.
...Anyhow,when will we have final decision about the chicane,will we use it or not?
let this be decided by a poll
I agree. and fyi, it wont slow the FXR's down because they can beat the FZR + XRR on braking and whip around the hairpin faster than we can
Quote from Seb66 :T1 was amazing as it was, get that awful thingy off the track

** edit the newer version ..

I cannot really see why this is needed.
Absolutely pointless.
Its on the damn Racing line on the the track in the centre of the exit.
Might as well put tyres marking the racing line in the harder bits also, to make sure eh.....
AS6R +some stuff in track
I don't care much about the chicane, just do what you like
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG