The online racing simulator
Test Patch T2 - SMALL Update - OPTIONAL - 1MB
Hello Racers.

This is just a small update you can get, if you want to, and you already have version S or T. It's fully compatible (online and replays) with S and T and contains just a few fixes. It's the exe only. I'm just trying to get to a fully stable version without bugs, so that's why I'm putting this up for testing.

VERSION S OR T MUST BE INSTALLED BEFORE THIS PATCH!

To Install : Replace your LFS.exe with the LFS.exe from this zip.

Fixes :

FIX : LFS could crash sometimes, when leaving a multiplayer game, while your own car was on the track.

FIX : Downloading Skin message was partially off screen.

FIX : Colour alternation on list of games screen.

Updates :

Some very small optimisations in graphics code.

Download (1MB) :

http://www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_T2_EXE.zip
Do I need to unlock again when I install this one? Because I have no unlocks left this month...
no m8 you don't and it all seems to be working fine
Quote from traxxion :Do I need to unlock again when I install this one? Because I have no unlocks left this month...

No
No. As you may have noticed in the past, no patch has ever removed your unlock. It's only when we added the BF1, we needed to change the unlock, so you lost it when you upgraded to S or T. There is absolutely no reason to remove your unlock now. It's a simple EXE replacement.

EDIT : Too slow
i been getting some 10 sec freezes while racing online and especially when i have a close car in my sight..followed by an immediate disconnection from the server..it seems like it's a random thing, but it's there anyway. and it's happening pretty often too with fully loaded servers..

any ideas pls ? ?
Quote from silent_wind :i been getting some 10 sec freezes while racing online and especially when i have a close car in my sight..LFS just freezes and i get disconnected with a message telling me i lost connection to host...

any ideas pls ? ?

Is that on the new patch?
yes
I don't think you can mean T2, i think you must mean S or T, because you've only had about 5 minutes to test this one!

Please be very very specific about exactly which version you are talking about, not "the latest one" or "the recent one". I need to know the patch letter and number, in every bug report, or I will just get confused.
Quote from Scawen :
I'm just trying to get to a fully stable version without bugs

Oh my, not only are you trying to create the perfect sim...
You're going for the perfect software.

Just a little side-question here...
Has anything changed in the auto skin downloading feature, or is it still prone to mess up when there's a corrupt helmet file somewhere in the skins_x folder?
Since you're on a bugfixing spree, I figured I'd check on this bug that has been known for ages, but was not reproducable.
Quote from TagForce :Has anything changed in the auto skin downloading feature, or is it still prone to mess up when there's a corrupt helmet file somewhere in the skins_x folder?

For patch S, I changed something in the skin downloading, related to users with the wrong time and date on their computer, forcing other people to repeatedly download skins and the skins not appear. I don't know if that may be related to it. LFS does not download "skins from the future" any more. We'll see I guess.
Quote from Scawen :For patch S, I changed something in the skin downloading, related to users with the wrong time and date on their computer, forcing other people to repeatedly download skins and the skins not appear. I don't know if that may be related to it. LFS does not download "skins from the future" any more. We'll see I guess.

That could be it, since the symptoms are the same... Just strange that removing the Helmet skins would solve it then.
Talking about bugs, don't know if it's reported/solved already of it's even a bug, but I don't get any ''clear all objects'' button in the layout editor, and it's bugging if you have a big layout and want to load the regular track.
Quote from n2oaddict :Talking about bugs, don't know if it's reported/solved already of it's even a bug, but I don't get any ''clear all objects'' button in the layout editor, and it's bugging if you have a big layout and want to load the regular track.

"Clear all" should be there, if you have "place objects" selected. See attachment.
Attached images
autox.jpg
Quote from Scawen :I don't think you can mean T2, i think you must mean S or T, because you've only had about 5 minutes to test this one!

Please be very very specific about exactly which version you are talking about, not "the latest one" or "the recent one". I need to know the patch letter and number, in every bug report, or I will just get confused.

of course i did mean T2, i meant S and T patch...thing is it still does crash on T2 i've just got a crash ...it seemed like it happened right after a PB was displayed..as i said, it's pretty random..but it's been happening a lot and especially when i have some close actions with a car insight...what do you think it is anyway ? somehtin related to the new patch maybe ?

i recall there was somethin mentioned about LFS crashing when 2 cars make contact or somethin ? wouldnt it explain th eproblem i got while having a very close car insight..maybe some lag or somethin causes it ? or make LFS think the cars hit each others ? though i see no lag.. just gugessing anyway..
Thanks for the test patch Scawen, I've installed it even though I haven't had problems with the 'S' patch. Will see how it goes..
Thank u Scawen!
Can we expect this fix in the next Test patch?
Thanks, finally able to get over 100FPS with this patch!
Im curious. Why was the 'holding lever no longer holds clutch' implemented?
Thanks u wery mucfor this patch.

And thanks Devs for a wery good job in LFS
Quote from Ziploc :Im curious. Why was the 'holding lever no longer holds clutch' implemented?

Because it's not how paddle shifts work in real life. It also meant you had to do very quick pull and release, to get the fastest times. Sometimes this would lead to a missed change. Beginners on LFS often hold it for a second or two, and get peculiar behaviour. It needed to be fixed for the BF1 so I just thought I'll do it for everything, and it's one less "weird" thing that needs to be explained to people. Also it's not needed as much as it was in early versions of LFS, because the autoclutch works quite well for pulling away at low speeds. So I noticed that I never used this feature any more. I decided that people who want to use clutch, can simply assign a clutch button.
Quote from Hyperactive :Have you Scawen seen this: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=6873

For me it seems that the BF1 suspension gets damaged quite "easily"...

I can't really change it now, because the hotlaps have been started.

As it only happens on some tracks, where there is a dip, I think it's not serious enough to wipe the hotlaps again and insist that everyone gets a new version. I think it is better to wait until the next physics update, and implement something a bit better by then (so basically it takes more force to damage the suspension, but it gets damaged more when you do so).
Excellent Scawen, enjoying Patch T very much.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG