The online racing simulator
S2 License question
(22 posts, started )
S2 License question
So....Later today, or later this week^^
I'm going to buy a S2 license after having so much fun in the slow demo cars
But then I was wondering about playing online....Me and a couple of friends are racing on the same level, and having great fun on the demo track(Blackwood) If I get a S2 license, can I still join them in the demo servers? in other words: can I still join demo servers? / will they display at all?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I had some trouble finding a suitable place for it
yes with an s2 account you can access any server no matter whether its a demo,s1 or s2 server.
Yes, you are right, you will be able to join the demo servers, too.
Thanks for your quick replies

looking forward to S2 when I get it
Well as long as the server isnt passworded for a league...
Quote from Bmxtwins :Well as long as the server isnt passworded for a league...

Or if hes participating in league then he can join that too
Actually I got one more request to this

What exactly happens when I buy S2? After I've filled out the necesserry card informations, do I have to type in my mail adress for the S2 unlock to be send as a code or something?
You just login with your account on lfs.net, buy it, then on the main LFS game screen just click on where it says demo licence: newassault and you can unlock S2.
One last question about this how do I get the unlock code after I've paid? By mail or something? And does it make any difference if my login on www.lfs.net is the same as my login in game?
You should get something like this (might have changed, since this was two years ago),

Quote :Dear Silverracer,

Thank you for your Live for Speed purchase!
We have upgraded your status, which will automatically be visible to you next time you return to www.lfs.net . There is a personal history of payments kept there for you at http://www.lfs.net/?page=viewstatus .

The next thing you probably want to do is unlock S2. Before you can do that, you must create a GAMEpassword. You can create a GAMEpassword at http://www.lfs.net/?page=accountdetails .
The next step is to start up LFS S2. On the first menu page, click 'Unlock Live for Speed S2', enter your username and GAMEpassword. Then click Unlock and LFS S2 should unlock on your computer. Make sure that your computer is or can be connected to the internet!

You cannot unlock S2 an infinite amount of times in a row. We keep count of your unlocks and you are granted 3 unlocks to start with. These 3 unlocks are not for the rest of your life though - every week you get an additional unlock available from us, provided you do not already have 2 unlocks available at the time. To see your unlock count, just go to the status page, mentioned earlier in this email.

If you have any more questions about unlocking or your license, feel free to ask us about it.

We wish you a happy time racing with LFS!

LFS Team.

So basically when you pay via the site, your account details gets automatically updated. Next time when you start LFS, click your name on the start screen, I think it will read "Demo Licence: NewAssult", and it will take you to the Username and password screen. Simply enter your licence name "NewAssult" and the GAME Password and click unlock (you will need an internet connection to unlock) and then you willl get the Welcome to LFS S2 (or S1) screen.

Hope you see on track!
Quote from Silverracer :You should get something like this (might have changed, since this was two years ago),

So basically when you pay via the site, your account details gets automatically updated. Next time when you start LFS, click your name on the start screen, I think it will read "Demo Licence: NewAssult", and it will take you to the Username and password screen. Simply enter your licence name "NewAssult" and the GAME Password and click unlock (you will need an internet connection to unlock) and then you willl get the Welcome to LFS S2 (or S1) screen.

Hope you see on track!

Thank you for your reply
Quote from NewAssault :One last question about this how do I get the unlock code after I've paid? By mail or something? And does it make any difference if my login on www.lfs.net is the same as my login in game?

Here's how its gonna work, you won't receive any code or whatever (you only need a code if someone else is buying you S2 as a gift) ...Once you've paid for S2 your account status on www.lfs.net gonna change From Demo to S2!

You're Officially a S2 member...then go in LFS click on ''Unlock Live For Speed'' then enter your Account name and your GAMEpassword (previously set on lfs.net in ''Account Details'')... now enjoy and have fun!

''does it make any difference if my login on www.lfs.net is the same as my login in game?''

Your Login Name gonna be the same for both LFS.net and LFS itself. But i recommend you to set a different password for both places! (WEBpassword/GAMEpassword)
Never trust a man that has a rabid animal mating with someones ear as a avatar.

Never.
So I basicly just push "unlock" when I click on the button "Demo racer: NewAssault" ? I've had a look at it, and my acc name and game password is already typed in..

So when I've bought S2, When I push on "Unlock" it will unlock S2 content?
Quote from NewAssault :

I dont have LFS atm, cant tell you how exactly it is set(Once you get S2, you can "lock" S2 and to go demo-only mode - and switch back to S2 again.) but it wont be too hard
Thanks guys
Quote from NewAssault :

You click Unlock, you'll see a "Welcome to Live for Speed" message and that's it.
Someon need to do a tutorial for this kind of stuff, To be more friendly to newcomers
Thank you for all your guidance everyone

See you on track hopefully
I see you're S2'D now, Can't wait to race you.

Welcome to the .. treehouse?
Quote from TehPaws3D :I see you're S2'D now, Can't wait to race you.

Welcome to the .. treehouse?

haha thanks, MAN those maps are hard the first time I tried them :O, compared to blackwood and the low power cars I am used to :O but GREAT fun!! specially the UFR and UF1

S2 License question
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG