The online racing simulator
Some questions xD
(17 posts, started )
Some questions xD
Well, I just downloaded the game played it a bit, looks really amazing now im going to ask some questions.

I want to get the full feel for the game, as if i'm sitting in the driving seat, so i ask what wheel and stuff should i get?, and is it a easy game to learn?. what are some things i need to learn to get good. and anything else you guys can help with for a nooby
g25/7 or a fanatec wheel.
Quote from logitekg25 :g25/7 or a fanatec wheel.

what one of the fanatec wheels?, they have like 5 :P, and what does the 7 mean in g25 o.O, do you have aim?
lol i have xfire, and skype..i recomend both

and umm...i am no expert on fanatec wheels, i just know they are a decent brand. i prefer logitech, because i have one. the g25 is an outdated wheel, it has quality pedals, a quality wheel, and a decent shifter (if treated with care). the shifter can be H gate, or made into sequential.
the g27 is the same thing, with ajustable pedals, quieter ffb, more buttons on the wheel, and a better shifter, but you lose the sequential.

personally i would take the g27. and i would even email logitech, and try to get a deal with them, say you own a lot of logitech products, and love them all, boast about logitech to your friends..you know, stuff that will make them want to give you a sweet deal. they would do that.
Quote from logitekg25 :lol i have xfire, and skype..i recomend both

and umm...i am no expert on fanatec wheels, i just know they are a decent brand. i prefer logitech, because i have one. the g25 is an outdated wheel, it has quality pedals, a quality wheel, and a decent shifter (if treated with care). the shifter can be H gate, or made into sequential.
the g27 is the same thing, with ajustable pedals, quieter ffb, more buttons on the wheel, and a better shifter, but you lose the sequential.

personally i would take the g27. and i would even email logitech, and try to get a deal with them, say you own a lot of logitech products, and love them all, boast about logitech to your friends..you know, stuff that will make them want to give you a sweet deal. they would do that.

will try that
inevitibally it all depends on your price range. i assumed you dont have upwards of $1000 to spend on a wheel. if you do, get a frex wheel
Quote from logitekg25 :inevitibally it all depends on your price range. i assumed you dont have upwards of $1000 to spend on a wheel. if you do, get a frex wheel

I only want to spend like 200. just something i want to try out the game seems really good, and fun
you will have to spend a little more for the g27 then
Quote from logitekg25 :you will have to spend a little more for the g27 then

We'll see, I'm still new to the game, if i bought the G27, how long you think it would take me to learn the game?
it all takes practice, and feel for the ffb. just start off slow, and get the lines right.
Quote from logitekg25 :it all takes practice, and feel for the ffb. just start off slow, and get the lines right.

Is there some public settings i can use? as like for car settings?, g27 settings etc
well the general settings is 100% overall ffb in the profiler, the rest can be left at 0%

seperate pedal axis, and 720 degrees of rotation (to match LFS)

set up the ffb anywhere from 30% to 50% in game (as i have seen) and make sure the degrees of rotation match.

i believe in LFSmanual there is a segment about this.
Quote from logitekg25 :well the general settings is 100% overall ffb in the profiler, the rest can be left at 0%

seperate pedal axis, and 720 degrees of rotation (to match LFS)

set up the ffb anywhere from 30% to 50% in game (as i have seen) and make sure the degrees of rotation match.

i believe in LFSmanual there is a segment about this.

Alright, i'll ask around when i actually get my wheel could be a month from now :P.
good luck
Why not starting of with buying S2?
He probably will buy his S2 when he gets a wheel, No real point in driving fabulous S2 cars without a nice wheel to boot.

I know if I only had a mouse and keyboard I wouldn't be S2 either.
Here's a good place to start:

http://www.logitech.com/en-my/gaming

I use a Logitech Wireless force, It has no pedals or shifter. The gas and brake are controlled by the "flaps?" behind the wheel and the L1 and R1 are right next to your thumbs. Its a decent, yet cheap wheel. It does get a bit loud while fighting against the motor though.

IMO, The G27 is the best wheel out there. Same thing as the G25 really just the shifter and wheel motor are more quite.

G27:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5-BowDSEc0
G25:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My-stwgRI50
Wireless force:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a-u8is3XI0

I would get the wheel 1st then get a license. You definably want to get something S1 or s2 whatever you can afford. I just bought a S1, the content is great but what I have noticed is there isn't that many s1 servers. So the content has to be used when those servers are up. I don't know about s2 servers though it appears there are alot of subs so hopefully there will be more variety.

I don't know if it works with, it should but hey there you go.
Also you got the 360's wheel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... yJOe4&feature=related

Good luck,

Some questions xD
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG