The online racing simulator
2010-2011 Season Series Discussion

Dear MoE drivers,

As most of you know, for the 2010-2011 season we've been trying to create something new and different, to spice up a series that has been in something of a rut for a couple years now. Our first attempt at this "something new" failed, both due to poor management on our part and due to a lack of participation from the teams.

At this point, we've missed the traditional start of the MoE season. It is likely that the season will start in early November and continue till April rather than the usual February. We could also simply make the season one race shorter. And so on, and so forth. There are many options open to us for this season. The admins are interested in creating something new and exciting to make MoE new again for all of us, and we want you to help.

Over the next couple weeks we'll be conducting a series of polls to determine the direction of this season, in terms of schedule length, tracks to be used, and even the cars to be used. We will need your help with further testing, and will need detailed feedback as to what you do and do not like. Please help us make MoE a better series!

Regards,
MoE Admins
#2 - Seb66
Finally, some news. Thanks
-
(aroX123) DELETED by aroX123
#3 - scipy
Quote from DeadWolfBones :will need detailed feedback as to what you do and do not like. Please help us make MoE a better series!

"We" do not like agreements behind closed doors in the MoE admin forum on which tracks to run and going into the voting process with the selection of tracks that "you" provide.

95 % of "You" never do any driving, so let's not fill up the polls with XY Rev and other crap just cause "You" are sick of watching and admining the "same old combos" over and over.
Would be fun to have FE and BL back tho.
Quote from scipy :"We" do not like agreements behind closed doors in the MoE admin forum on which tracks to run and going into the voting process with the selection of tracks that "you" provide.

So we should run your schedule? That's a bit biased IMO. "We" don't need another fail like GT2 restrictions that you "balanced" last year.

Quote :
95 % of "You" never do any driving, so let's not fill up the polls with XY Rev and other crap just cause "You" are sick of watching and admining the "same old combos" over and over.

This is not "your" league, therefore "your" opinion means 1% out of 100 people. If you want to race against people that don't practice and just use the same sets as last year so the races are just crap, then go ahead and run the same schedule. If we want something "new" and something that can revive in MoE then we should help in anyway possible. A new schedule would be a good start.
Quote from scipy :"We" do not like agreements behind closed doors in the MoE admin forum on which tracks to run and going into the voting process with the selection of tracks that "you" provide.

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Over the next couple weeks we'll be conducting a series of polls to determine the direction of this season, in terms of schedule length, tracks to be used, and even the cars to be used.

The rev / "other crap" options will be there. Whether they're chosen is up to the drivers.
How about letting GT1/GT2, nGT and LRF drive simultaneously?
That was much fun in the Desire of Patience Tour
Quote from phoenixIlooka :How about letting GT1/GT2, nGT and LRF drive simultaneously?
That was much fun in the Desire of Patience Tour

We welcome all suggestions, but some are more likely than others.
#9 - scipy
Quote from PMD9409 :So we should run your schedule? That's a bit biased IMO. "We" don't need another fail like GT2 restrictions that you "balanced" last year.

You can stop acting like a ****y child anytime. I didn't say anything about me making a schedule, I was just pointing out that when the time came to vote on the BL1 replacement last season there was at least 1-2 tracks that were literally a better choice were not even on the list because the whole list was put together by admins and not drivers.

Also, stop blaming the failed restrictions on me, especially since I was the only one that put in any work on that problem. I even warned DWB that it cannot be well balanced if only a few people drive it, especially since there's always a certain gap of time that is found after doing several stints in any car (so even though we (petri/norbi/me) thought that FZR was as fast as it could be on say KY3, 4 extra tenths were found later on.. even after 2+ months of driving it). XRR had more than a possibility of a chance at winning, but if you want to continue to be a bitch about it.. it's not like people who chose the FZR anyway fared any better against certain other people who were in the FZR.

Quote from PMD9409 :This is not "your" league, therefore "your" opinion means 1% out of 100 people. If you want to race against people that don't practice and just use the same sets as last year so the races are just crap, then go ahead and run the same schedule. If we want something "new" and something that can revive in MoE then we should help in anyway possible. A new schedule would be a good start.

Contrary to popular beliefe, I have nothing against "new". However, I have something against "new" and worse, especially if the only reason something "new" is being put in just because someone is bored. Try to understand the following (this is just my perspective, so feel free to take a shit on it as you do with anything else I say and do): back when I started driving endurance racing and pretty much sucked at it, the only thing I could count on was for MoE to remain MoE. The fact that other crap leagues were introducing safety cars and track layouts where there wasn't any need for one was pretty scary, especially since it didn't make anything better or more realistic, they just did it to be different from an existing league. So, for me (an improving driver) to have a league where I could count on a certain number of tracks (imo 4-5 best tracks in LFS) always being there so I could see how I fared against the established top drivers of LFS at any given moment on some combinations where the definitive limit was known was very calming.

If someone came here today and said: "Hi, I've found a way to import any number of very realistic tracks from say iRacing into LFS." I'd be the first one to jump at the chance to have anything from Silverstone, Spa, Road America/Atlanta and several others in MoE. That would be something new in the true sense of the word, it would be an improvement. Putting in WE1R/SO4R/FE4 just for the sake of having something different is a shitty thing to do (IN MY OPINION), but ok.. let's let the crowd of ~hundred idiots vote FE4 in. I just ask, don't leave any of the current tracks out when making the poll, so at least I'll have the selfish satisfaction of knowing the idiocy won fair and square.
Hey Scipy... I did hear that Rockingham might be coming to LFS, but that was a few years ago now!
Quote from scipy :the whole list was put together by admins and not drivers.

Also, stop blaming the failed restrictions on me, especially since I was the only one that put in any work on that problem. I even warned DWB that it cannot be well balanced if only a few people drive it, especially since there's always a certain gap of time that is found after doing several stints in any car (so even though we (petri/norbi/me) thought that FZR was as fast as it could be on say KY3, 4 extra tenths were found later on.. even after 2+ months of driving it).

I wasn't exactly blaming you this time. I am merely getting at the point that it shouldn't be done by "one" or a "select few", instead it should be a community thing. I was using the restriction mishap of last year to highlight that point.

Quote :
Contrary to popular beliefe, I have nothing against "new". However, I have something against "new" and worse, especially if the only reason something "new" is being put in just because someone is bored. Try to understand the following (this is just my perspective, so feel free to take a shit on it as you do with anything else I say and do): back when I started driving endurance racing and pretty much sucked at it, the only thing I could count on was for MoE to remain MoE. The fact that other crap leagues were introducing safety cars and track layouts where there wasn't any need for one was pretty scary, especially since it didn't make anything better or more realistic, they just did it to be different from an existing league. So, for me (an improving driver) to have a league where I could count on a certain number of tracks (imo 4-5 best tracks in LFS) always being there so I could see how I fared against the established top drivers of LFS at any given moment on some combinations where the definitive limit was known was very calming.

If someone came here today and said: "Hi, I've found a way to import any number of very realistic tracks from say iRacing into LFS." I'd be the first one to jump at the chance to have anything from Silverstone, Spa, Road America/Atlanta and several others in MoE. That would be something new in the true sense of the word, it would be an improvement. Putting in WE1R/SO4R/FE4 just for the sake of having something different is a shitty thing to do (IN MY OPINION), but ok.. let's let the crowd of ~hundred idiots vote FE4 in. I just ask, don't leave any of the current tracks out when making the poll, so at least I'll have the selfish satisfaction of knowing the idiocy won fair and square.

Those idiots you race against will grow smaller and smaller if we continue to go to the same tracks, and even worse, more and bigger idiots could join because of that!

I don't believe anyone has a problem with putting in the same tracks as years before in the voting as a way to see what people really want, afterall that seems to be what the admins are going after. You of all people should know how much MoE has "slowed" down lately, and I don't mean driver's pace, but more driver's interest. Only thing you can do to keep it healthy is to see what the drivers want (mainly the past drivers). Surely you would want to create new setups instead of optimizing your own, as that isn't much fun IMO.

Anyways, sure FE4 has its problems, but just look at it as a challenge. That's what many (normal ) people do and it seems to work just fine.
Quote from PMD9409 :I wasn't exactly blaming you this time. I am merely getting at the point that it shouldn't be done by "one" or a "select few", instead it should be a community thing. I was using the restriction mishap of last year to highlight that point.

Actually, if you would like to read the post you've made above I count 2 appearances of "YOU" pretaining exactly to me, so, let's either start thinking about what we're gonna write or not pretending something else was ment afterwards.

Quote from PMD9409 :I don't believe anyone has a problem with putting in the same tracks as years before in the voting as a way to see what people really want, afterall that seems to be what the admins are going after. You of all people should know how much MoE has "slowed" down lately, and I don't mean driver's pace, but more driver's interest. Only thing you can do to keep it healthy is to see what the drivers want (mainly the past drivers). Surely you would want to create new setups instead of optimizing your own, as that isn't much fun IMO.

Anyways, sure FE4 has its problems, but just look at it as a challenge. That's what many (normal ) people do and it seems to work just fine.

Well, OK. But what was the problem with putting AS6R in the previous voting poll for BL1 replacement? As far as I remember, we were provided with a list of tracks that came directly from people who aren't driving them and then it was a pick-the-best-of-the-worst situation. As far as what the admins are going after, you might have the inside info, I don't and 95 % of others don't, and the little info that I had suggested a similar situation to what happened last year - which is why I spoke out.

Granted, driver's interest has dropped significantly - but I would blame that on the lack of content and general patches from the LFS Devs which has been going on for 2+ years now (I refuse to count adding an arrow that points the way out of the pits as an improvement/update). Since that's the main source of our troubles, I don't see how FE4 fixes that problem. There was a good reason why original MoE ran even 2 aston tracks in the schedule instead of going for fern bay.. it sux, the "challanges" you mention are not really challanges, they are idiotic obstacles that are found even in real life on tracks for club racing, but as most of us know, any track that wants to be licensed by FIA or any other governing body for a higher branch of motorsport like FIA GT/ALMS/F1/<pick on> has to adhere to certain standards of safety, width, accomodation for specific cars etc. Picking FE to be in MoE now is just a result of enough time passing for people to become desperate for something different, that's why it's not and never will be a good idea. I guess me not being normal makes this a ludacris statement, but us crazies think it has worked fine so far.

Surely, if MoE has ran the same tracks for at least 2 seasons on the same patch now and each season saw a drastic improvement in average pace in every class, you are not suggesting there's nothing to be learned any more. Surely.
Quote from scipy :Actually, if you would like to read the post you've made above I count 2 appearances of "YOU" pretaining exactly to me, so, let's either start thinking about what we're gonna write or not pretending something else was ment afterwards.

Yeah, obviously came out not as intended.

Quote :
Well, OK. But what was the problem with putting AS6R in the previous voting poll for BL1 replacement? As far as I remember, we were provided with a list of tracks that came directly from people who aren't driving them and then it was a pick-the-best-of-the-worst situation. As far as what the admins are going after, you might have the inside info, I don't and 95 % of others don't, and the little info that I had suggested a similar situation to what happened last year - which is why I spoke out.

Granted, driver's interest has dropped significantly - but I would blame that on the lack of content and general patches from the LFS Devs which has been going on for 2+ years now (I refuse to count adding an arrow that points the way out of the pits as an improvement/update). Since that's the main source of our troubles, I don't see how FE4 fixes that problem. There was a good reason why original MoE ran even 2 aston tracks in the schedule instead of going for fern bay.. it sux, the "challanges" you mention are not really challanges, they are idiotic obstacles that are found even in real life on tracks for club racing, but as most of us know, any track that wants to be licensed by FIA or any other governing body for a higher branch of motorsport like FIA GT/ALMS/F1/<pick on> has to adhere to certain standards of safety, width, accomodation for specific cars etc. Picking FE to be in MoE now is just a result of enough time passing for people to become desperate for something different, that's why it's not and never will be a good idea. I guess me not being normal makes this a ludacris statement, but us crazies think it has worked fine so far.

Surely, if MoE has ran the same tracks for at least 2 seasons on the same patch now and each season saw a drastic improvement in average pace in every class, you are not suggesting there's nothing to be learned any more. Surely.

Well of course this is the lack of content within LFS more than anything, I can't argue there. However we don't exactly have much "FIA content" where as the real FIA has tracks jumping at them. We have to make due with what we have sadly, whatever that encounters we will find out in the coming days/weeks/months.
Good news.

Your just 1 driver, trying to change the face of MoE in my opinion. You are no admin but yet you try to order things around in your own little way. Its the admins choice on what they do and how they do it. If they want to make bad decisions (Not like there are any), Its their own problem, and would see the consequences. Not like you should still be racing in LFS or be allowed in to any major leagues after the stunts you've pulled in the past.
Quote from AppiePils :Finally, we would like to caution against abusing Sasa for his error in judgment. While we find his behavior reprehensible, in the end he confessed to using the exploit, and this honesty has resulted in a seasonal rather than a lifetime ban.....

Leave it be Sean.
-
([DUcK]) DELETED by [DUcK]
Drivers & Teams,

A new server password has been distributed to the email addresses used to send in applications. If you did not receive the password directly, please ask the person on your team who did. If the person who sent in your team application is unavailable, another team member should contact me or one of the other admins/marshals to get the new password.

Thanks!
GT0
  1. 01 ineX Racing GT0
  2. 02 Team Inferno GT0
  3. 03 spdoRacing GT0
  4. 04 E-Team
  5. 05 Conquest Racing GT0
  6. 06 Team ev0» GT0
  7. 07 nFinity eSports Racing
started with 7 teams.

e-team dropped out completly
inferno now gt1

gt0 is dieing already and not even had 2nd round yet. what are the views of the moe admins and moe team think that by 3rd round only 4 or 3 teams left? im jus curious to know what will happen
Shows that the 3 class system or at least the GT0 class isn't as popular as expected.

Only 5 GT0's in the field, that's not very much and I doubt there will be any closer fights in GT0 for the rest of the season.
we (Cq) propably also are going to change the car to gt1...there is no fun racing with just 4 cars...
bai bai GT0 class
Was a silly idea running 3 cars from the start. You want more people to race, so what do you do? ofc the obvious idea is to split everyone up three times instead of twice
-
(BLOBO) DELETED by BLOBO
lol, GT0 with 4 cars. intresting.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG