The online racing simulator
Wheel (g25) with F1 2010
(11 posts, started )
Wheel (g25) with F1 2010
I didn't want to post this in the general f1 2010 thread, because it would get lost in the shuffle.

So I played the game a little, and I like the atmosphere of the game, but the controls sorta suck. I want to see if anyone is having issues, maybe its just my settings?

I use a g25, and have all the help (TC, brake assist, etc) turned off. I maxed out the FF feel, and have the weight at around 80%. It just... feels like I am driving a turd. Very vauge FF, I cannot feel what the car is doing at all, which makes it real hard to drive. Like really, the FF sucks. Forget trying to counter steer. Maybe it just feels like dirt 2, and that just means they made it that way?

Anyone get better results?

I think I just hoped too much that this game would be a nice sim racer with a fun story, and I am just disappointed that it is real arcadey. I mean even when I adjust the brake bias to the rear, if I start to go into a spin I just jab the brakes the car straightens out... hmmm lol. Not to mention the audio is very mediocre. And for people that say it has animated pits, it is very awkward how they set it up, you don't actually drive in the pits, you just hit the brakes... its stupid lol.

I feel like this might appeal to the console guys, but for anyone here I would recommend saving your money on this one.
none of these games really supported wheel imho.

id just sell it wait a few years till games get better and try again.

even then id piratebay it.
Quote from theirishnoob :

even then id piratebay it.

Yeah I am, just only to get used to the 2010 race tracks, if they're any good. Don't know if the racetracks resemble the real ones, they're not laser scanned right?
No, many of them are quite inaccurate (at least in places) - Bahrain, Silverstone, Monza to name three.

And what's with the Ferrari's mirrors? Even if you look left/right from the cockpit view - YOU CAN'T ACTUALLY SEE THEM!!!! Even the real Ferrari's aren't that bad.

Some aspects are far more annoying than fun. I've been given penalities for causing a collision when the guy in front (several hundred meters in front) just stopped in the braking zone. I've been disqualified for running the wrong way whilst I was turning round. The computer automatically slows you if you go off, even in places like Copse or La Source. The gravel automatically spins you. The AI never get penalities. You get told off for blocking having spun. The radio messages are REALLY annoying now. Punctures are far too common. The menu for changing wings/engine is a pain, and doesn't have brake balance on it (!). The brakes are rubbish - I can lock them up, but I still have to brake at 200m on Monza for the first chicane. Even on the 2nd lap of the GP they were doing it at less than 150m. The interface is rubbish and has so few options, and they're not set out nicely.

The list could go on, but I have to go out.

Having said that, it's still just about fun, and I'm looking forward to getting a few hours on it next week. I have no idea how to make an offline GfWL account, and by the time I can next play it I won't have to use a VPN.

And I'll also Tray Tools the graphics to make it look acceptable.

I'd give it 2/10 at the moment, 4/10 once the bugs are fixed, and maybe 6/10 for enjoyment as an F1 driving game ignoring the stupidness.
It's kind of weird. I can drive kind of fast in this game, but somehow it just doesn't feel like I'm on the edge of driving a 700bhp+ car. Never had the excitement of a "Wow, that was close, nearly lost it, but kept it in line" moment. Very strange feeling driving it with a wheel.
Quote from ATHome :It's kind of weird. I can drive kind of fast in this game, but somehow it just doesn't feel like I'm on the edge of driving a 700bhp+ car. Never had the excitement of a "Wow, that was close, nearly lost it, but kept it in line" moment. Very strange feeling driving it with a wheel.

thats exactly what it feels like, I dont get it lol.
Honestly, I'm not surprised at all. Everything Codemasters has done since Toca 2 has been utter shite.
I'm not suprised either. Well, I guess we're not the main target group for F1 2010, as it is more oriented for the casual gamer playing it with a game pad or keyboard. Having said this, I'll try it later with keyboard, just to see if it is kind of the same fun Microprose's Grand Prix 2 with keyboard (at this time, there wasn't any wheel worth mentioning around)
my god i played that game so much.. it was the best fun ever ! than came the 4.. good times !
newbie...help needed
Guys

I need some help setting up my racing wheel (logitech g25) for F12010. When I use the wheel option in the game, i can accelerate using the pedals but the car doesnt move forward (yes i am a newbie totally)...using the keyboard its fine.

The wheel thing doesnt work, yes i can turn the steering, switch views etc.

Wheel (g25) with F1 2010
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG