The online racing simulator
I have a feeling that it's gonna be a mess with the numberplates.... I'm sure that some team will have accidentaly the same number......

So from now I'm reserving 100 & 101 for Hellenic Racing team #1 & #2
thank you!!!!
The qualify is just running, and a few driver have done their first timed practice. LFS Server: DoP - Qualify

Now, the validated grid offers following free places:

GTR: 2
N-GTR: 1
LRF: 3

Mode: First In / First Serve

Qualifikation and Teams:
http://www.bc-racing.de/Burnou ... /index.php?navigation=dop

next steps:
Nov, 26th 2010: LFS 'DoP - Sign In' Server is closing at MEZ 13.00 (GMT 12.00)
Nov, 26th 2010: LFS 'DoP - Qualify' Server is closing at MEZ 14.00 (GMT 13.00)
I still would like to know why the race will be cancelled if there is heavy rain & why the hell there is -1 lap penalty for timing out. Thats just so ridiculous
Soooo you don't have the latest LFS patch with rain yet?
Quote from Hahmo :I still would like to know why the race will be cancelled if there is heavy rain & why the hell there is -1 lap penalty for timing out. Thats just so ridiculous

Timeouts are LFS's version of random hydraulic failures.
Class it as a lap being towed back to pits.
Quote from Bean0 :Timeouts are LFS's version of random hydraulic failures.
Class it as a lap being towed back to pits.

Yeah, but the timeout takes a lap away already, but these arseholes are still adding a penalty lap for the timeout? So basicly you lose 2 laps. No point in that

And no marius i dont
epic suspicious disconnect penalty, so you dont need to check if the DC was suspicious.
Quote from baSh0r :epic suspicious disconnect penalty, so you dont need to check if the DC was suspicious.

You germans have weird logic
Quote from Hahmo :I still would like to know why the race will be cancelled if there is heavy rain & why the hell there is -1 lap penalty for timing out. Thats just so ridiculous

You'll never know wether a disconnect is caused by timeout or not. It's true LfS gives a packet with the reason of disconnect, but it's quite easy to force the timeout when needed.

To take respect to the ones far away from germany, we'll test a new system in this 12h-race. After disconnect, you won't be penalized again, when your team disconncets within the next 10 laps. So if you loose connection in lap 10, 15, 18, 25, 34 and 60 you'll get 2 laps penalty instead of 6.
That just made no sense marius.

Anyway, you can clearly see when a person timeouts, i don't know if you're blind or something, but it says "(Name) timed out." on top of the screen where you see chat aswell, you know?

When a driver force the timeout, they should have a quite good reason for it - and you can look at a replay and check when he timed out:
Did they have engine damage, did they have slower laptimes than usually? Did they get advantage on timeout? Where they timed out, just after s/f line, or just before or where? These things should be discussed, not just to give a penalty every time someone times out, because 90% of the timeouts are not forced as far as I see it, there's no point forcing timeout unless you have REALLY bad engine damage or so.

im jest saying
#37 - troy
We're getting close to Sylvester again I can't help myself but think of: "The same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie?" "The same procedure as every year, James." (sorry for the German insider joke)

The rules where clear when you signed up for this, they are used in this very endurance format since years, so either do not take part at all or accept the rules as they are.
Quote from troy :We're getting close to Sylvester again I can't help myself but think of: "The same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie?" "The same procedure as every year, James." (sorry for the German insider joke)

The rules where clear when you signed up for this, they are used in this very endurance format since years, so either do not take part at all or accept the rules as they are.

Actually I will not race in the first race, probably not in the second one either
Quote from Hahmo :Actually I will not race in the first race, probably not in the second one either

You have signed in Є-Team GTR #2 as Є. M.Rauti, please try to be fair as we are. If you don't wanna race it is ok, but don't flame here.

We have our third DoP in a row, 26 Teams signed - we really all enjoy this race.

Quote from Hahmo :TWhen a driver force the timeout, they should have a quite good reason for it - and you can look at a replay and check when he timed out:

That's what you may do. I don't have the time to look into a 12h-replay searching for all disconnects and then for all possible reasons. No one would say: "Hey, I timed out cause I killed my engine!" So it would be up to me to prove it. No Sir, I'm quite mad but not mad enough.
One big point of the DoP is that the results of a race are fixed by the end of the race. I've more fun in driving races as in watching replays searching of shit no one cares about.
Quote from Webflat :You have signed in Є-Team GTR #2 as Є. M.Rauti
Yes I have, but unfortunately cant make it and we probably will get some driver replacing me.

Yes I have, but unfortunately cant make it and we probably will get some driver replacing me.
Quote from KlausAdam :That's what you may do. I don't have the time to look into a 12h-replay searching for all disconnects and then for all possible reasons. No one would say: "Hey, I timed out cause I killed my engine!" So it would be up to me to prove it. No Sir, I'm quite mad but not mad enough.
One big point of the DoP is that the results of a race are fixed by the end of the race. I've more fun in driving races as in watching replays searching of shit no one cares about.

Then you're ruining the fun of all teams that timeout for a reason, without forcing the timeout. GL!
Ok, I'm not going to sleep bad with this knowledge...

But I see you're very interested in the fun of others. Why don't you look in the replay and check for disconnects? If your result differs from the official result it may be a thing for someone.
Quote from KlausAdam :Ok, I'm not going to sleep bad with this knowledge...

But I see you're very interested in the fun of others. Why don't you look in the replay and check for disconnects? If your result differs from the official result it may be a thing for someone.

Now if you're one of the admins, that's your job, not mine Shows some lack of interest in the admin group, ay? It doesn't seem very good for a league to have admins that are lazy and cannot make things the way they should be done.
Quote from KlausAdam :That's what you may do. I don't have the time to look into a 12h-replay searching for all disconnects and then for all possible reasons. No one would say: "Hey, I timed out cause I killed my engine!" So it would be up to me to prove it. No Sir, I'm quite mad but not mad enough.

Take a look into time-outs thats being protested. If none are protested = no penalty given.

Works like a charm + you dont need to look at every time-out, only the ones protested. This is imo the best solution to it all, and it has worked well in other leagues.
Quote from Hahmo :Now if you're one of the admins, that's your job, not mine Shows some lack of interest in the admin group, ay? It doesn't seem very good for a league to have admins that are lazy and cannot make things the way they should be done.

Quote from Tomhah :Take a look into time-outs thats being protested. If none are protested = no penalty given.

Works like a charm + you dont need to look at every time-out, only the ones protested. This is imo the best solution to it all, and it has worked well in other leagues.

I tried to explain our reasons. Now I see I won't find better words then troy did:
Quote from troy :We're getting close to Sylvester again I can't help myself but think of: "The same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie?" "The same procedure as every year, James." (sorry for the German insider joke)

What is the deadline for the 75 required online laps?
well, I havent signed up :P And that was a quite poor defending, no offence. You know Im right The "it was there when you signed up" doesnt mean it cant be changed, does it? :P If Im right, this is even before the race has started. (R1 even?). Just because the rule was there when someone signed up, doesnt mean the rule is good. You CAN change it. Will you? Thats up to you, I guess... I think Im not the only one who thinks this, Im really sure. Getting a penalty for being unlucky is like kicking a guy who's already down. There are only a few times that people time out on purpose, but teams knows when that happends and can then protest it. Really, whats the problem?

And dont say that "it was like this when you signed up, so why complain now?". The first thing you do is usualy to sign-up. Then you read the rules more closely.
And no, I havent signed up and Im quite sure I wont, so that doesnt apply to me neither. And dont say "so why do you even bother to post here?". Well, maybe Im interested in some other rounds. And I think my team-mates drives here aswell, who also support my opinion. Proves of all this: The german 24h race that was earlier this year.
Quote from Tomhah :well, I havent signed up :P And that was a quite poor defending, no offence. You know Im right The "it was there when you signed up" doesnt mean it cant be changed, does it? :P If Im right, this is even before the race has started. (R1 even?). Just because the rule was there when someone signed up, doesnt mean the rule is good. You CAN change it. Will you? no, I doubt so. I think Im not the only one who thinks this, Im really sure. Getting a penalty for being unlucky is like kicking a guy who's already down. There are only a few times that people time out on purpose, but teams knows when that happends and can then protest it. Really, whats the problem?

And dont say that "it was like this when you signed up, so why complain now?". The first thing you do is usualy to sign-up. Then you read the rules more closely.
And no, I havent signed up and Im quite sure I wont, so that doesnt apply to me neither. And dont say "so why do you even bother to post here?". Well, maybe Im interested in some other rounds. And I think my team-mates drives here aswell, who also support my opinion. Proves of all this: The german 24h race that was earlier this year.

Even tommy agrees with me, and so does hell lot of others. You really should change the rule =/
We have an extended Qualify: Please notice these new times now.
Deadline for 75 required online laps is starting the race.

Nov, 26th 2010: LFS 'DoP - Sign In' Server is closing at MEZ 21.00 (GMT 20.00)
Nov, 26th 2010: LFS 'DoP - Qualify' Server is closing at MEZ 22.00 (GMT 21.00)
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :What is the deadline for the 75 required online laps?

We will have a look just before race start. So the deadline is a few minutes before race start.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG