The online racing simulator
A Gripe.
(35 posts, started )
A Gripe.
Hello all, its really nice to be back on the LFS Scene... havent played in a few years due to personal reasons (one being not having a pot to p!ss in after being booted from my parents house), some of you might remember me from lfs.. used to be in the >>T5<< server alot.. my old name was 223MadPatch.

anyway, to my gripe, its about LFSW, now i get the idea, you work up through the ranks to earn driving of other cars, i approve of this highly, if you dont work for it your not going to get it and be stuck with the pensioners special 1.3 litre mobile shopping trolley.

But whats starting to F**K me off, is that certian servers wont even let me race beause i dont have a lfsw time, these servers are where the most racers seem to appear on, and the ones which i can get into seem to be full of what appear to be drunken 10 yearolds bashing buttons and driving into you at 9million miles an hour whilst off their face on cheap white cider super skunk and ketamine.

I'm considering getting the full S2 licence, but my question is this, if i get it will it be the same on S2 servers and will i be forced to race around in the automotive Terry Wogan (XF or UF) whilst other people go around in xrgtrs, etc.

I dont want a full blown backlash of 'LULZ N00B U JUS CANT HANDLE THA PRESSURE' or anything.. because.. well i view myself as a lfs veteran.

Any server names where i can rack up good times would be appriceated.

Now that gripe is over, once again i am glad to be apart of the LFS community again, and hope to see some of you online
#2 - amp88
Quote from patchver :anyway, to my gripe, its about LFSW, now i get the idea, you work up through the ranks to earn driving of other cars, i approve of this highly, if you dont work for it your not going to get it and be stuck with the pensioners special 1.3 litre mobile shopping trolley.

The systems that do this are actually third-party add-ons (e.g. Airio and LFS Lapper) that use collected data (from LFSW and from servers) and can restrict which cars a user can drive. It's not specifically LFSW that stops people from driving cars.

Quote from patchver :But whats starting to F**K me off, is that certian servers wont even let me race beause i dont have a lfsw time, these servers are where the most racers seem to appear on

That's the choice of those server owners. If they want to restrict people who can drive to those who have a particular PB time on LFSW it's up to them. It's not, however, a restriction that's part of LFS itself. It's one of those third-party add-ons.

Quote from patchver :I'm considering getting the full S2 licence, but my question is this, if i get it will it be the same on S2 servers and will i be forced to race around in the automotive Terry Wogan (XF or UF) whilst other people go around in xrgtrs, etc.

It varies server to server. I don't have any kind of overview on which servers force this kind of restriction and which don't. Perhaps someone else could provide that...
thanks for that mate. so its just jumped up admins enforcing these rules, christ its got advanced since i was last a player.. then again that was when the xr turbo was still in demo (when did that get taken out?)
Quote from patchver :xr turbo was still in demo (when did that get taken out?)

after patch x.
S2 servers are alot better.. And i really hate to be biased, But you can always find people in Cargame servers.. And there is a ranking system, Basically, You start out at Class 1, At about 100 points I believe you get Class 2, Then maybe 250 points and you get Class 3. And you might be asking.. Well how in hell does a XRG compete with a XRR... Well.. You win in classes.. For instance, Class 1, Wins for class 1, Not the overall standing positions when the first car crosses the line

As with every online game, There is bound to be some asshat that does say "LULZ N00B U JUS CANT HANDLE THA PRESSURE" But the majority of people are very decent racers, Providing you don't accidentally touch them..

All in all, S2 people are generally alot better tamed than the demo users, And I hope to see you online as well! Maybe we will race some
As said, most people using S2 are a lot kinder and willing to help you more.
As far as the PB restrictions go... yup, we still have them
yeah ive noticed the s2 people are alot more friendly just by posting this post on here =]

20th sep (student loan goes in) i shall be getting s2 =]

thanks for the response lads (and the ladette )
Agreed, s2 players are -in general- more civilised and friendlier. I hope to see you online sometime
I agree tbh. Once server admins started introducing points systems that granted access to certain cars (and servers) it turned me off hugely.

Their argument was (and I suppose still is) that it allowed them to create servers where only the most dedicated racers could race, and it would improve the quality of racing because mindless crashers wouldn't be able to get on. While this is in part true, it also ruled out casual racers who were perfectly safe drivers, and people who didn't want to grind lots of races using the same car and a handful of tracks over and over again in order to get on to the higher-ranked servers.

But the alternative was usually actively-adminned servers that ran the same ****ing combos night after night. So if you don't want to grind points on the software-run servers your only choice is to race on a handful of combos that get boring quickly.

Most people have no sense of adventure.
i agree with the whole mindless crasher thing, was a problem when i was playing this before, s2 alpha (shows how long i havent played for really)

but the whole kick/ban thing uh always worked.. did on the old S1, so why not now... not all of us are mindless idiots whos idea of a real sim is NFS Poopshoot or whatever release that game is on now.

Theres nothing for it, ill have to start my own server with me in power (oh thatll be fun and fair for all i swear)

but on a serious note, why cant they give you like a 2 lap trial.. if you dont decide to openly ram into someone and ruin other peoples fun, then your allowed to race? just a thought.
Quote from patchver :but on a serious note, why cant they give you like a 2 lap trial.. if you dont decide to openly ram into someone and ruin other peoples fun, then your allowed to race? just a thought.

Anyone can cut a fool after the two laps. And we already have that system It's just about 500+ laps however
Quote from [MTF]_Dark_Eagle :Agreed, s2 players are -in general- more civilised and friendlier. I hope to see you online sometime

Really?

( I just had to do it... sorry )
#16 - th84
He's saying who the *&^$ are you to talk. You haven't raced online in over a year which makes you unqualified to speak about anything LFS related.

Geez, shall I wipe your ass too?
Quote from th84 :He's saying who the *&^$ are you to talk. You haven't raced online in over a year which makes you unqualified to speak about anything LFS related.

Geez, shall I wipe your ass too?

And you only have 44 laps in a LX4 on aston, Can i call you a unexperienced racer and you have no opinion what so ever for any discussion on to aston forever?

You're not getting his point, He's not saying LFS sucks and it's not like he is a demo user which even if he was you're one hell of a discriminating mother****er, Just because he hasn't played in a year doesn't make him unqualified to have a opinion, he said the same sets of track get boring, Who can really argue that racing So5 over and over and over again isn't boring?
Yeah but if you make a statement saying people have no sense of adventure while you haven't raced in a year (!) yourself then thats a little bit contra-dictionary imo
Quote from TehPaws3D :And you only have 44 laps in a LX4 on aston, Can i call you a unexperienced racer and you have no opinion what so ever for any discussion on to aston forever?

Where did you see a mention about LX4 or Aston? Do tell.

Besides, you have 8 total laps on aston with LX4, so I guess I can call you an unexperienced racer now? I wouldn't go call others unexperienced if I would be unexperienced...

Quote from TehPaws3D :You're not getting his point, He's not saying LFS sucks and it's not like he is a demo user which even if he was you're one hell of a discriminating mother****er, Just because he hasn't played in a year doesn't make him unqualified to have a opinion, he said the same sets of track get boring, Who can really argue that racing So5 over and over and over again isn't boring?

South City is fun. I don't get why people hate it because it's a tight track and it has the most bumps than any track. Maybe thats why, people cant drive a tight track and have competitive racing. That's why I don't do public racing, one reason was that cargame is utter crap, and the whole public racing community consists of 2 full racing servers, 5 cruise servers with atleast 20+ players, and drift servers.
Quote from nikopdr :Where did you see a mention about LX4 or Aston? Do tell.

Besides, you have 8 total laps on aston with LX4, so I guess I can call you an unexperienced racer now? I wouldn't go call others unexperienced if I would be unexperienced...

South City is fun. I don't get why people hate it because it's a tight track and it has the most bumps than any track. Maybe thats why, people cant drive a tight track and have competitive racing. That's why I don't do public racing, one reason was that cargame is utter crap, and the whole public racing community consists of 2 full racing servers, 5 cruise servers with atleast 20+ players, and drift servers.

I love south city, It's the other people in servers that (Push, Crash, Spin or cause chaos) Which makes it the least favorite track for me on multiplayer, Most likely in a league I would love it.

I was making a point as well, I know I am a very unexperinced racer but that doesn't mean you do not have rights to a opinion, Which is clearly what "th84" Thought he didn't.

Quote from cargame.nl :Yeah but if you make a statement saying people have no sense of adventure while you haven't raced in a year (!) yourself then thats a little bit contra-dictionary imo

It is a little bit, But he still has a point that the tracks do get a slight bit repetitive over and over, For instance, On your server everyone wants south city most of the time. But what is the difference between not racing a year.. and racing every day?
#21 - th84
Quote from TehPaws3D :And you only have 44 laps in a LX4 on aston, Can i call you a unexperienced racer and you have no opinion what so ever for any discussion on to aston forever?

Honestly, I don't care. Call me whatever you wish.

Quote :You're not getting his point, He's not saying LFS sucks and it's not like he is a demo user which even if he was you're one hell of a discriminating mother****er, Just because he hasn't played in a year doesn't make him unqualified to have a opinion, he said the same sets of track get boring, Who can really argue that racing So5 over and over and over again isn't boring?

Quote :I was making a point as well, I know I am a very unexperinced racer but that doesn't mean you do not have rights to a opinion, Which is clearly what "th84" Thought he didn't.

I don't even know what to say to that.
Hot lapping the same track over and over gets boring, racing the same track with good drivers NEVER gets boring. for me.
The car and track is an afterthought as long as everyone is driving the same car and you have good admin... thats LFS at its best for me.

Forget about stats, who did what and when, being a cool team, code thats tries to admin , lose the window dressing and get back to what made LFS great,( remember that?) and its still there... just
+11111

Totally agree John. There are still plenty of servers who just do racing, without having to earn points etc. And like John says, doing thousands of laps racing with drivers who all know the combo is LFS at it's best, super close racing and a great community
Quote from th84 :Honestly, I don't care. Call me whatever you wish.

I don't even know what to say to that.

I guess they don't know you too well.

Quote from JohnPenn :Hot lapping the same track over and over gets boring, racing the same track with good drivers NEVER gets boring. for me.
The car and track is an afterthought as long as everyone is driving the same car and you have good admin... thats LFS at its best for me.

+1 indeed.
Quote from JohnPenn :Hot lapping the same track over and over gets boring, racing the same track with good drivers NEVER gets boring. for me.

Sure is Ive been saying this for years. Once your in the racing seat, and fighting hard for position, all the moaning thats generated here, is at once totally irrelevant. All that matters is overtaking that car

A Gripe.
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG