The online racing simulator
whether or not LH drove where he shouldn't have, is it just me, or did it look like his steering bar was really weak? think of all the times where people bump into each other's wheels without any damage, but this time the wheel goes all wonky.

edit: why did vettel pit on the last lap? i thought you weren't allowed to do that, and that you have to do a complete lap on a tire for it to count...
Quote from bunder9999 :whether or not LH drove where he shouldn't have, is it just me, or did it look like his steering bar was really weak? think of all the times where people bump into each other's wheels without any damage, but this time the wheel goes all wonky.

edit: why did vettel pit on the last lap? i thought you weren't allowed to do that, and that you have to do a complete lap on a tire for it to count...

Well I guess it's just one of those unlucky hits. Carbon fibre can be hit in many ways without something happens, but just one false hit and it breaks.

And as far as I know the finish line was behind Vettels Box and because of that, he completed an entire lap with this set of tyres.
Quote from ATHome :as far as I know the finish line was behind Vettels Box and because of that, he completed an entire lap with this set of tyres.

wouldn't that be unfair, because some teams would get shafted because their pit box is after the S/F line? that's kindof a crappy rule.
He pitted on the penultimate lap, therefore regardless of how far down the pitlane his pitbox is he did a full lap on those tyres after leaving the pits.
Doesn't have to do a full lap:

25.4 e)Unless he has used intermediate or wet-weather tyres during the race, each driver must use at least one set of each specification of dry-weather tyres during the race.

If his pit was before S/F then that should also count, but might be controversial!
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Doesn't have to do a full lap:

25.4 e)Unless he has used intermediate or wet-weather tyres during the race, each driver must use at least one set of each specification of dry-weather tyres during the race.

If his pit was before S/F then that should also count, but might be controversial!

The control line is before all of the pit garages from what I can see on google maps
Nico Hulkenburg should have been penalised. I don't see how running off the track 3 times can not be an advantage if he didn't lose any time. These tarmac run offs are shit.
#86 - JJ72
Someone parked a ferrari behind the barrier right before the second chicane?
Yeah I was wondering what it was doing there, shame it wasn't pointed out on Finnish TV.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Nico Hulkenburg should have been penalised. I don't see how running off the track 3 times can not be an advantage if he didn't lose any time. These tarmac run offs are shit.

I totally agree, and it's been like that all week end. And in the end only a few people can be bothered to care about that.

Hate tarmac areas in general, go 25 meters wide, loose 0,5-1 second, while this could've meant race over 10 years ago. It is getting even more ridiculous in chicanes, since people can actually take an unfair advantage from that. And I don't think it's part of the FIA's priorities to sort that stuff up. Just have a look at the removal of the high curbs at the exit of the first chicane(officially for improved safety).
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Yeah I was wondering what it was doing there, shame it wasn't pointed out on Finnish TV.

When is anything pointed out in Finnish tv?

Quote from hyntty :When is anything pointed out in Finnish tv?

Erkki Mustakari is a great commentator!
That Ferrari looked like a 346 or 355. But I agree on Hulkenburg. It's dire that he got away with that shit.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG