The online racing simulator
Moto 2: Tomizawa Loses Life Misano
Dear Readers,

I've just heared at the BBC broadcast of MotoGP, that a fatal crash has occured during the Moto 2 race at Misano.

It was a heavy crash in which the young and promising drivier Tomizawa, has lost his life.

All respect and condolances to the people involved, and especially the family.

:checkered
Saw the race this morning, but switched off TV before it happened.
R.I.P
#4 - aoun
Just saw that link before they removed it.

I suppose these things are always possible, always a shame though.
RIP

Terrible accident.
Tomizawa was one of my favorite moto2 riders such a shame to lose a life like that.
Sadly, I saw it live on TV.

Shoya Tomizawa - Rest In Peace
Incredibly sad

He was my favorite in moto2.
Seen it live on TV although I'm not following Moto2 so closely.

It is always a shock to see someone knocked uncouncious in the middle of the track after such a wreck. I expected the race to stop, but no. "The show must go on" as said Eurosport France's commentator after the marshalls cleared the debris. But motorsports seem to be so pointless sometimes.

Then the news, getting worse and worse. Until this one.

RIP.
Quote from rockclan :Here some video footage:

WARNING DISQUISTING VIDEO MATERIAL:

jesus christ have some respect
#11 - AMB
R.i.P.
You come to TV to watch Moto2 race once in a whole season and you see this happening. Sad, sad day for motorsport.

R.I.P.

I wouldn't like to be one of the drivers, who were right behind him, this must be terrible feeling.
Quote from Kid222 :I wouldn't like to be one of the drivers, who were right behind him, this must be terrible feeling.

The second one who hit him is Scott Redding, he's only 17 years old and has to deal with this. He's not to blame in any way but I doubt that's any consolation.
RIP

Now watch Moto2 have a knee jerk reaction. Which IMO isn't the right thing to do, it was just one of those things. The riders know the risks
Quote from DieKolkrabe :The riders know the risks

I'm afraid they don't.. atleast they think there's no way they're gonna die. Same thing in F1.. the safety is improved sooo much, i'm sure they are not scared at all compared to the early days, now they knew what they're getting themselves into.. now, they probably see it as a game of football, in terms of risk and loosing your life..
#17 - JJ72
Riders aren't the same as 4-wheelers. The danger is more in your face, and except in race track design, there's isn't much that dampens the risk.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I'm afraid they don't.. atleast they think there's no way they're gonna die. Same thing in F1.. the safety is improved sooo much, i'm sure they are not scared at all compared to the early days, now they knew what they're getting themselves into.. now, they probably see it as a game of football, in terms of risk and loosing your life..

None of them are complacent about safety, but it's something you have to put out of your mind if you're going to be competitive. You can't ride around constantly thinking "if I crash I could get injured or killed", anyone who does is not going to be in an international racing series.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I'm afraid they don't.. atleast they think there's no way they're gonna die. Same thing in F1.. the safety is improved sooo much, i'm sure they are not scared at all compared to the early days, now they knew what they're getting themselves into.. now, they probably see it as a game of football, in terms of risk and loosing your life..

I don't know what kind of stupid point you're trying to make there, but all of the riders are absolutely aware of how dangerous the sport is, and to say they probably see it as a game of football is just plain insulting. It makes it sound like they have no respect for their own lives or that of their competitors.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I don't know what kind of stupid point you're trying to make there, but all of the riders are absolutely aware of how dangerous the sport is, and to say they probably see it as a game of football is just plain insulting. It makes it sound like they have no respect for their own lives or that of their competitors.

I said it the wrong way, didn't mean for it to sound like that.. I was talking more about F1 drivers, i'm sure the bikers are more aware of the danger. In F1, when drivers see what Kubica has walked out of without a scratch.. they probably think they're as safe as in any other sport.. Didn't mean for it to sound disrespectfull in any way..
#21 - 5haz
Rest in peace.

Obviously I can't speak from the position of a bike racer but I'd say most know the danger but try to never think about it or they'd never have the nerve to get on a bike. The fear does not fade, the best have the ability to box it away somewhere in the back of the mind.
That was a horrible accident. I find the marshals response disgraceful, basic first aid wasn't followed, the situation could easily have been made safe but instead they quite literally carted a corpse off without even putting him onto the stretcher properly for a spinal injury and then managed to drop the stretcher.

This would never have been dealt with in the same way by British marshals, peoples safety is always more important than the inconvenience of stopping a race for TV, I think anyone involved with motorsport would agree. We had a club race red flagged once so the ambulances and doctor could support the ambulance crew at a nearby motocross track. After the initial confusion and frustration as to why the race had been abandoned everybody was supportive of the action when they learnt what had happened, can we really put a price on fellow racers safety?
RIP Tomi, You will be missed.
Rip

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG