The online racing simulator
LOD problem when AA on [solved]
(11 posts, started )
Yay, I finally have a new computer so I can play LFS again!

However, I have a problem with anti-aliasing: whenever I turn AA on, I lose all moving trees and other details that aren't part of the track itself. I can manage to play without anti-aliasing, but it seems like a waste. It doesn't make a difference if I use the settings from the Catalyst control center or within LFS itself.

The graphics card is a Radeon HD 5770 running on the newest Catalyst 10.8 drivers under Win 7 64 bit. All other games I've tried run fine when anti-aliasing is turned on. Resolution is 32-bit 1920x1200@60Hz.

Edit: now tested other resolutions, bit depths and refresh rates, didn't change anything.
What do you mean "loose"? Could you provide a screenshot? Anyway, rollback to an older version of Catalyst might be worth a try.
The same problem happened with the previous 10.7 Catalysts.

Attached two screenshots.
Attached images
aa_on.jpg
aa_off.jpg
By the way, how do you output the OGG mesages? Is it a script?
I still run with 10.4 in W7 64
Quote from Flame CZE :By the way, how do you output the OGG mesages? Is it a script?

LFS outputs all found ID3 tags in chatbox. There's no output if there are no ID3 tags, obviously.
i have also the HD5770 but i run on catalyst 10.2 because some games lagged like hell with newer versions .

its a catalyts software problem.
downgrade ur catalyts driver.

ati drivers suck these days. (edit) for older games
Quote from hazaky :Everything works fine here, the newer - the better.

i ment for older games sry forgot the write that.
for newer games indeed the newer drivers are better.
Have you tried to change AA-mode to Multisample AA in CCC? Some older games have problems with better AA-modes (Adaptive multisample AA and Supersample AA).
Attached images
aamode.jpg
Quote from Fingeri :Have you tried to change AA-mode to Multisample AA in CCC? Some older games have problems with better AA-modes (Adaptive multisample AA and Supersample AA).

That was the key
I thought I had tested everything, but I had missed that. Thanks for the hint!

Now I have to do a specific configuration for LFS.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG