The online racing simulator
Quote from troy :Still not happy about that half spin of yours I gather? As mentioned already I'm using the shifter and manual clutch in all the cars with H-gate gearbox.

What I'm not happy about is how you tried to kill us in uphill chicane.
Back on gearbox. Respect for that.

Quote from Commander :Maybe a good idea for a next IGTC Season: Change the points system for the last race.

My3id have performed below my expectations for the whole season, but were able to secure championship by just winning the last race, just like 5 other teams.

On the other hand if you DNF for whatever reason (must not always be your own mistake) you lose out a lot (see inferno dropping from 2nd to 8th).

Along with this, there are some heated up battles because everyone just wants to use this last chance to turn everything for the better. So even a pretty decent season could be corrected by just preparing properly for that single last race. This kind of ruines the aspect of consistency throughout a season, which is key (or at least should be) in endu racing imo.

IMO put the double pointed race in middle of the season.
Quote from boothy :The protests will be ruled upon after the 48 hour protest period and after forwarding the protests to the other party.

Didn't mean to sound dismissive, good to know, thanks.
#53 - troy
Quote from N I K I :What I'm not happy about is how you tried to kill us in uphill chicane.

I just checked the replay, you made a mistake in t1, I had a nice run on you and was already half a car length ahead, you then touch me and it's getting nasty in the chicane. I wouldn't call that trying to kill you... I was faster at that point had a go already in the laps before, yes it's on the edge but thats racing for you.
Well, drivers can do a lot of shit under the right amount of pressure, under certain circumstances, it's a very tough call.

It's the last lap, last corner, and it's a battle for the championship against one of the fastest drivers in IGTC, tbh, that is a very high pressure environment if ever there was one, in your first IGTC race of the season, discipline is key. Quite frankly, had Howie done that any different, and it would've possibly breached the rules. But as you came into the hairpin, Howie left just enough space to fit a fat FZR side-by-side on the entry. Maybe a slight bit of lag caused the cars to unrealistically bounce off each other, and cause you to miss your braking points Dave, but, quite frankly, I think Howie judged that perfectly, whereas many drivers would've just blocked any part of the track that became available, dirty Senna/Schumacher-style weaving that we've seen time and time again.

I hope the admins review this incident well, and see it from the prospective of both drivers, would be sad to see this championship decided by an illegal move, or an unfair penalty. But, quite frankly, a big congrats is in order to all teams who took part in this season, it has been very competitive as always, and totally unpredictable, only one team managed to win more than once, and they even missed the first two races! Technically, the top 4 were covered by just 5 points! Amazing, thanks guys for the great season, it has been a pleasure and a great experience for me, really my first full endurance season, yet, I'm so disappointed that meh were in a position to win twice, but it didn't happen, but, to finish first, first, you gotta finish. Still, SR winning the title more than made up for that, as our Turks would say, great stuff guys!
Someone lock the thread before it gets ruined after that awesome speech
Quote from N I K I :I've just noticed that mister 17 K.Leu used button clutch.

you jumped the gun big time there mate..
H-Shifter.
That was very nice race, gratz top 3 teams, and I want to thank all teams for nice racing, also I want to thank IGTC andmins for giving us chance to start in IGTC
Unfortunatelly our first season in IGTC wasn't good for us, because after 2 rounds (after 2 rounds we were 13th) our lineup changed in 80% so I must to build team and new drivers from the beggining to continue season and after that our results quickly goes down, but we learned a lot about GT1 in this season and we have a lot more experience
I have a hope we can get chance to show what we improve for next season.
Quote from troy :I just checked the replay, you made a mistake in t1, I had a nice run on you and was already half a car length ahead, you then touch me and it's getting nasty in the chicane. I wouldn't call that trying to kill you... I was faster at that point had a go already in the laps before, yes it's on the edge but thats racing for you.

Nice diplomatic post, but far from truth.

You indeed had about half a car up, but that doesn't give you the right to turn onto me. We all saw what happened in Turkey.

However it didn't end up in tears. That's why we never protested. I'm not saying it's nice to have someone turning onto you at speeds of 200+ km/h and that it should be part of racing, but in some cases I guess it's ok.
-
(v1rg0) DELETED by v1rg0
#60 - CSF
That's a nice and pretty screenshot of inside of Howie's car Jack, but on my replay the only time Howie is turning left like that is after the contact with Dave when he has a slide on.

Edit: What the... how did my post get above that one. :S
Quote from Commander :My3id have performed below my expectations for the whole season, but were able to secure championship by just winning the last race, just like 5 other teams.

If lots of teams can win the championship in one moment then the team that deserves it most will rise to the top. The rules should not change to enable someone to roll or spin in that situation and still compete.

Quote from SCA-F1 :Well, drivers can do a lot of shit under the right amount of pressure, under certain circumstances, it's a very tough call.

This is irrelevant. When Schumacher turned in to Hill or Villeneuve the situation was not judged by some man in a dark room interpreting Schumacher's emotional state, but by the fact that he turned in to a rival to secure the championship. This is what your teammate has done and is not an opinion. It's a fact we can observe from his steering inputs, as shown by this onboard image and this external one.

From what I know of riddim, he is a fair and clean driver. But he even said himself in chat post-race that he hopes this was okay. He knows he did something wrong and there is factual evidence to support it. You don't turn in to someone on what is effectively a straight by accident.

Who anyone believes should be champion does not matter. What matters is that the incident is judged impartially based on what actually happened. We trust the admins to do just that and will respect their decision. I have already offered my congratulations to the winners on the server post-race and I'm happy either way. This topic needed some clarity though as it was all getting a bit silly and emotional.
#62 - troy
Quote from N I K I :Nice diplomatic post, but far from truth.

You indeed had about half a car up, but that doesn't give you the right to turn onto me. We all saw what happened in Turkey.

However it didn't end up in tears. That's why we never protested. I'm not saying it's nice to have someone turning onto you at speeds of 200+ km/h and that it should be part of racing, but in some cases I guess it's ok.

Did you even bother to have a look at the replay? You turn into me, I just hold my line and without that move of yours I would probably even pass you before the braking zone. After that it gets even tighter, you know how the fzr reacts when it gets touched on the back so I doubt I need to explain that. And I still don't see me trying to "kill" you, I just don't give you any more space then you gave me.

http://troy.freeunix.net/player/igtc.html
Quote from v1rg0 :If lots of teams can win the championship in one moment then the team that deserves it most will rise to the top. The rules should not change to enable someone to roll or spin in that situation and still compete.

This is irrelevant. When Schumacher turned in to Hill or Villeneuve the situation was not judged by some man in a dark room interpreting Schumacher's emotional state, but by the fact that he turned in to a rival to secure the championship. This is what your teammate has done and is not an opinion. It's a fact we can observe from his steering inputs, as shown by this onboard image and this external one.

From what I know of riddim, he is a fair and clean driver. But he even said himself in chat post-race that he hopes this was okay. He knows he did something wrong and there is factual evidence to support it. You don't turn in to someone on what is effectively a straight by accident.

Who anyone believes should be champion does not matter. What matters is that the incident is judged impartially based on what actually happened. We trust the admins to do just that and will respect their decision. I have already offered my congratulations to the winners on the server post-race and I'm happy either way. This topic needed some clarity though as it was all getting a bit silly and emotional.

Looking at those pics your right
Quote from troy :Did you even bother to have a look at the replay? You turn into me, I just hold my line and without that move of yours I would probably even pass you before the braking zone. After that it gets even tighter, you know how the fzr reacts when it gets touched on the back so I doubt I need to explain that. And I still don't see me trying to "kill" you, I just don't give you any more space then you gave me.

http://troy.freeunix.net/player/igtc.html

I gave you plenty of room before braking, to ensure no contact happens. Something our SR mates missed out on. Then as we came up to braking i took a bit of a swing to carry the line and the speed into. I never touched you at that point. You decided to ignore that I'm on the inside and held your line like you already passed me. Only then contact occurred. So clearly you tried to kill us.
Quote from N I K I :I gave you plenty of room before braking, to ensure no contact happens. Something our SR mates missed out on. Then as we came up to braking i took a bit of a swing to carry the line and the speed into. I never touched you at that point. You decided to ignore that I'm on the inside and held your line like you already passed me. Only then contact occurred. So clearly you tried to kill us.

Niki, you clearly drove into him.
-
(N I K I) DELETED by N I K I
Quote from v1rg0 :If lots of teams can win the championship in one moment then the team that deserves it most will rise to the top. The rules should not change to enable someone to roll or spin in that situation and still compete.

Please don't get me wrong on this one. I'm not critisising you in any way. I only think, and I believe you cannot deny this, you did not always bring the best lineup you could to the races. This is why I meant you underperformed in my opinion. It's unusual to see us in front of you

Neither am I claiming we should still be 2nd even with rolling. Our rolling was a stupid fail and it's obvious we'd lose a lot. The only thing I wanted to stress is that by doubled points, a victory was A LOT more valuable than anywhere else, and this has led to the discussion going on atm

My two cents on the Niki / Troy incident: Niki, as he was having an overlap on the outside you cannot claim the corner to be yours, however me being in Troy's situation I wouldn't have tried that since side by side in Eau Rouge doesn't work in most cases....
-
(v1rg0) DELETED by v1rg0
-
(v1rg0) DELETED by v1rg0
Quote from v1rg0 :This is irrelevant. When Schumacher turned in to Hill or Villeneuve the situation was not judged by some man in a dark room interpreting Schumacher's emotional state, but by the fact that he turned in to a rival to secure the championship. This is what your teammate has done and is not an opinion. It's a fact we can observe from his steering inputs, as shown by this onboard image and this external one.

Why does everyone use Schumacher as an example, and not Senna?

On a more serious note, thank you for some genuine content in your post supported by factual evidence, the only thing I have against is the nature of that evidence, and it's interpretation.

Firstly, there was a theory that Howie weaved on the straights from Dave, looking at the replay, this was not in relation to the incident, and actually slowed Howie down, not Dave, this "weaving" happened through the kink before the final hairpin, Howie basically moved from the inside of the track to the middle after the corner, which is normal after a kink, hugging the inside line would simply slow him down unnecessarily, and could leave Dave a cars length ahead at the braking point of the corner, crucially.

Secondly, the actual incident itself, I've made a screenshot here: http://i678.photobucket.com/al ... incident.jpg?t=1283705297 - Which shows the contact between the two drivers. As you can see, from screenshots 1, 2 and 3, Dave still has room on the outside, as they come up to the minor left kink, which the cars are already pointing at, and would negotiate. On screenshot 4, which shows a bit of lag, and both cars are hurled sideways due to this. Nevertheless, Dave comes out of the incident fine, and carries on. However, Dave misses his OWN braking point in a completely unrelated incident (which occurs preceding to the 200m board in reference to your replay). As they pass the 150m board, Dave is ahead, and ready to brake for the corner, but, misses his point by 30m, and runs wide because of this.

Back to the actual incident itself, and from your in-car screenshots, on the bottom right picture, you can see the frame has advanced 50m, firstly alongside the 200m, and then the 150m board, by which point (on the latter screenshot) Dave is already ahead, and off the grass at this point. OK, you can argue his tyres are dirty, but the fact is, the FZR has significantly higher brake pressures, and much shorter braking distances, he still had time to brake for the corner, but chose not to until passing the 100m board, which is demon-late braking, and that is the cause of the incident.

Maybe Dave was still recovering from the contact, maybe he lost focus, but the incidents are two separate ones, and I believe he had significant time to react during, and then post-incident. Howie possibly gave him a squeeze, but this is normal, and you can see from the point of contact (from my heli screenshot) that Dave still has some minor tarmac to the left of the track. The other argument is that Howie turned in to Dave as he was alongside, again, not true. There is no evidence to suggest Howie had ANY lock to the left BEFORE the lag crash occurred, he simply reacted to the contact, not as it is deceivingly suggested in your screenshot. Btw, sorry for my shit pictures, but you can still see the cars, so it's not important. :P I also lost a bit of patience with GIMP, so gave up after trying to make a shift+u camera.

Edit: Having read it again, I think my view isn't very informative :/ But in a nutshell: Howie left sufficient room before any incident occurred, the lag crash was the element that caused Dave to go on the grass, which didn't even affect him anyway, it was braking ~30m too late that caused that.

Quote from kart-36 :Looking at those pics your right

I smell hypocrisy is in the air today.
I won´t go much into this.
But about this picture on the bottom right ( http://localhostr.com/files/1b2f3c/1.JPG ) which is no evidence that i steered into you because at this very point the position of my wheel is irrelevant.
At this point there was already more room between us and it was a result AFTER there was a contact.
By making this screenshot you must have seen (at 8hr1min16.52 pic below. and remember this is before what you can see in your pic) I heavily turned to the right after the contact which is an indication that I didn´t expect there would be any contact and to avoid crashing us both out and giving you more room.

To use my question after the race as an intepretation that I did something wrong is unfair.
There was an incident and I wanted to ask that person who was involved how he has seen it, as I always do btw.
In the heat of the moment I asked you instead of Dave by mistake.

edit. Simon was faster
Attached images
LFS.jpg
Looking at the incident, I wish you both crashed just so Cq could have won the title because they are the ones that actually deserved it. So stop crying over it, because it honestly doesn't matter, you got beat by a team that did 4 races anyways.
#70 - CSF
5 races Phil.
Quote from SCA-F1 :Firstly, there was a theory that Howie weaved on the straights from Dave

I don't subscribe to that theory. It was the first of several over-reactions from both sides in my opinion. About the screenshots: I didn't take them and trusted the judgement of the person that sent them to me, but after reviewing I agree with you on the last frame.

Quote from SCA-F1 :As you can see, from screenshots 1, 2 and 3, Dave still has room on the outside

Doesn't Chris have more? That is what makes the incident questionable.

Quote from SCA-F1 :The other argument is that Howie turned in to Dave as he was alongside, again, not true. There is no evidence to suggest Howie had ANY lock to the left BEFORE the lag crash occurred

If he didn't have any lock to the left then he wouldn't have come from the middle of the track to the inside on a left kink.

Quote from PMD9409 :Looking at the incident, I wish you both crashed just so Cq could have won the title because they are the ones that actually deserved it. So stop crying over it, because it honestly doesn't matter, you got beat by a team that did 4 races anyways.

Practice what you preach plz. You're moaning.
Quote from v1rg0 :If he didn't have any lock to the left then he wouldn't have come from the middle of the track to the inside on a left kink.

I'm pretty sure he held his lock (which was quite minimal) even before Dave had a big enough overlap to call it "being alongside".. cba to look at the replay again.. Its not like chris cut him up, he just thinned out Dave's gap, then lag took over causing the contact
I can't see the admins changing the result because of this incident - it looks a bit too marginal to me.

I think the double points final round is good. This season was very different to the last two in that no single team scored consistently well. From our perspective, we did crap in pretty much every race and so it seemed a bit strange to be in a position to win the championship in the final round - but then everyone else did crap, too, so really it was inevitable that a lot of teams would stand a chance of winning it. Looking at what's happened in the last two seasons I don't think there's really any reason to scrap the double points round.
Quote from v1rg0 :Practice what you preach plz. You're moaning.

I forgot that laughing at you guys was moaning. Should of just had your team mate take them out for you, he seemed good at that.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG