The online racing simulator
Auto Club Revolution
(124 posts, started )
Front page shows a M3, isn't that good enough?
Well this is just outrageous! Some guy from this shitty country I've never heard of called Romania was accepted in the beta! What a disgrace!
I got "shortlisted" a long time ago. Nothing new since then though.

Edit - I'm pretty sure that's as far as it goes at the moment. Apparently the keys will be sent out in July, so no idea what some of you are talking about... Unless you too just got "shortlisted" and mistaken it for being accepted.

Unless you got chosen to test the pre-closed beta in the so called "Family and friends" stage.
#79 - Uke
Quote from BAMBO :Well this is just outrageous! Some guy from this shitty country I've never heard of called Romania was accepted in the beta! What a disgrace!

Omfg.
Quote from DevilDare :
Unless you got chosen to test the pre-closed beta in the so called "Family and friends" stage.

Apparantly alot of us are related to "Bob Smith".
Ive been in the beta for few days now. I like it. The physics actually feel pretty awesome, but sometimes i wish i had a wheel since keyboard steering is kind of slow and i cant always counter-steer fast enough once im wobbling around on the road. But i heard mouse driving will be put in soon (it was, but was buggy). Graphics are kinda meh. Texture's dont look so super high res but they are acceptable.
Quote from hazaky :Ive been in the beta for few days now. I like it. The physics actually feel pretty awesome, but sometimes i wish i had a wheel since keyboard steering is kind of slow and i cant always counter-steer fast enough once im wobbling around on the road. But i heard mouse driving will be put in soon (it was, but was buggy). Graphics are kinda meh. Texture's dont look so super high res but they are acceptable.

iirc they fixed mouse steering with the last "big" update.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :iirc they fixed mouse steering with the last "big" update.

Right now i just tryed enabling it and it still didnt work. Should it work?
Quote from hazaky :Right now i just tryed enabling it and it still didnt work. Should it work?

Yeah. They've updated that. Works fine here.
Thats weird.

Maybe there's something goin on on my side. I also have to set everything up everytime i launch the race. Like, manual gearbox etc. Is that normal?
Quote from PMD9409 :Apparantly alot of us are related to "Bob Smith".

That won't help you any more, I no longer work there.
Quote from Bob Smith :That won't help you any more, I no longer work there.

Woah woah woah, hold the phone. We didn't get the memo. That was the main reason I signed up to begin with, what happened?
I was going to sign up until I saw "Console Quality Game Play." That's definitely not what I wanted to see.. By the sounds of everyone, though, this sounds like the same old Supercars + Race tracks gameplay. I guess not for me anyways.
#90 - Uke
Quote from PMD9409 :Woah woah woah, hold the phone. We didn't get the memo. That was the main reason I signed up to begin with, what happened?

He has been working on Nr2011
Quote from Uke :He has been working on Nr2011

While true, it's the same company, and thus I'm no longer working on any of their products.

Quote from MAGGOT :I was going to sign up until I saw "Console Quality Game Play." That's definitely not what I wanted to see..

I think that's because they think that console players think that free to download PC based titles are often amateurish in comparison to a triple A well polished titles, and this is to attract their interest. I'm not really sure that console players are really going to be the core audience, however, and not all PC gamers hold consoles in such high regard.

Quote from PMD9409 :Woah woah woah, hold the phone. We didn't get the memo. That was the main reason I signed up to begin with, what happened?

Blame NTG2011. Do a little thinking here. You all know the release date was pushed back. So you know the project over-ran. Time costs money. Combine that with a reception that was hardly universally positive, so it's not too far fetched to guess sales have not lived up to predictions. That means probably a lot less money in the company, and as such, cuts were made. I was one such cut.

This doesn't mean my influence is lost, unless somebody decides to undo all my fixes and improvements to the vehicle physics. The new tyre model I wrote that NTG2011 uses was originally made for ACR, and when I left there were definately no intentions of not using it. Richard Towler still works there and does all the vehicle set up, last I spoke he mentioned some issues regarding using accurately soft suspension that you would find on a road car, but I'm not giving tips on how to address such issues unless they want to re-employ me, in some form.
Brought it upon themselves sadly. Just the EA run-around with how the graphical representation worked. The HUD was very similar, which instantly threw me off.

Off of that though, I signed up for ACR as soon as you linked us to it months ago. You always had a big passion for tires and physics, and I wanted to try and help out. Really sucks to hear that though. Maybe we need to tell Scawen to get an extra office chair or something. You'll work as long as Geraldine is cooking meals for you right?
Quote from Bob Smith :I'm no longer working on any of their products.

so what are you doing with yourself these days? are you under NDA to not develop any car games for a while?
Quote from bunder9999 :so what are you doing with yourself these days?

Taking it easy, going to the gym a lot, with the weather we have here today (sunshine! in Britain! can you believe it?!) I think I'll go to the beach. I keep meaning to start work on VHPA again, will no doubt start soon as I'm running out of other things to occupy my time.

Quote from bunder9999 :are you under NDA to not develop any car games for a while?

Nope, I have had interviews with Codemasters and Rockstar North but they both turned me down. Got another interview lined up, hoping I get third time lucky because no income is starting to make enjoying life tricky.
BUMP

my beta key arrived today, installing the game now...
Yeah they opened up the closed beta to be a bit bigger. Been in it for a while now (since this thread was made?). The fact that not many stick with it is why they are trying to find more now. I haven't drove it in a while actually.
yep, it was fun but... it seriously needs work. To me it seems like a NFS trackday game.
Ahh, I want to try this. (Did register, not sure how long ago)
this looks like an arcade game.

Auto Club Revolution
(124 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG