The online racing simulator
g27 w/ logitech attack 3 as handbrake problems
I couldn't find any threads about this so refrain from flamining please
But I own a g27 and today purchased the logitech attack 3 joystick so I could use it as a handbrake but when I plug in the joystick it seems to overtake the main controller. I want the attack 3 to only work as an individual axis so I could set it as the handbrake. Any tips guys?
Hello, First, You'd want to make sure your game controller is the Main One windows sees, First, Does LFS detect two controllers? if so, Skip until you are told to stop..

First, Go to control panel, Game controllers (For XP) And you should spot if hooked up correctly, Both your controllers, (For instance, My steering wheel is something like "LX/123/steering-x" Your mileage may vary, And click advanced button, Select your main preferred device (Steering wheel) And continue to LFS

-- If you skipped, Start here.

Now, Go to LFS, Game controllers, Recalibrate all axises, push your petals, Turn the wheel, Lock to lock, So it all comes up on the moving axes screen, Now push and pull your joystick (I have a Logitech attack 3 as well) Should be a axis for left right and up down, First, Find the one that goes left and right, And click "L" So that axis locks, And then, The axis that moves up and down, You want to find that and move it down, Now if your handbrake petal shows as "ON" Or fully depressed, Click "Invert (Number 1 - 10) And it will invert that axis for you, If you need more help, Please let me know, I'll be glad to make a video or picture tutorial.
hmm i also followed this tutorial, although my handbrake is half on and its not allowing me to pull away unless i push the joystick forward.
Once you have the axes assigned properly, click "Recalibrate axes" in LFS controls setup (the same screen where you assign the axes) and move your joystick only half it's full travel - from the center to the fully backward position. Then turn your wheel from lock to lock and step on all pedals.
This should make LFS use only half of the range of the stick with the center being "no handbrake" (it's kinda hard to describe it properly, I hope you get the idea behind this)
yeah i also do that but sometime when im driving it will start to stick on. :S
Have you tried turning the "calibration lock" on after calibrating the stick?
no i havent and its seemed to have fixed it, tyvm
i have the same thing...only g25

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG