The online racing simulator
One for the alcoholics - need some rum!
(19 posts, started )
A Czech friend of mine brought me various Czech spirits which some friends and I took to sampling at my last BBQ. One was a rum called Božkov Tuzemský and it went down very well, the bottle almost went straight away.

Now another barbie looms and I need some replacement rum. Clearly I'm not finding the same stuff so, would anyone have any idea what I can buy over here that's closest? Or at least a decent dark rum?

The only three rums I know are white (Bacardi Superior, which is drinkable, Wray & Nephew's Overproof Rum, which isn't, and Malibu, which is just weird) and none taste like this one.

Advice please!

Quote from Bob Smith :A Czech friend of mine brought me various Czech spirits which some friends and I took to sampling at my last BBQ. One was a rum called Božkov Tuzemský and it went down very well, the bottle almost went straight away.

http://www.halusky.co.uk/ceske ... zemsk%FD&x=8&y=11

I am not affiliated with this site, just did a google search and found it.

Straight away.

Just sayin'

*hugs*
Well that's handy, thanks. I was just thinking more of what I can pick up in the supermarket or off-licence tomorrow. I'm currently reading various rum guides and will be arming myself with a short list.
Seriously, if you're gonna pay 14 GBP for this stuff, you're getting mugged, raped and humiliated and the same time... I can get it for less than one tenth of this price. Perhaps we can cut some deal

BTW, that "Tuzemák" you're so fond of isn't actually a real rum since there is no treacle nor sugar reed involved in it's production. Alcohole it contains is usually made by distillation of potatoes with some synthetic stuff added to make it taste like rum. Just thought I'll mention it to let you know what you were really drinking...
Whatever works! When it said "rum flavour" I just assumed it was a rum. But if I like that taste, and it's meant to taste like rum, surely I can find a rum that tastes like it.

I'm well aware of how ridiculously cheap alcohol is over there though. I keep meaning to visit to see another Czech friend and stock up!
All imported drinks are pretty expensive in the UK. My favorite gin is almost as expensive as Bombay Sapphire (ludicrously overpriced Gin) and yet in Spain costs less the the loose change i'd throw at a homeless person to make them dance.

Luckily we're paid a gazillion times more than you, which is why all our jobs are outsourced.
#7 - dadge
Quote from MadCatX :Seriously, if you're gonna pay 14 GBP for this stuff, you're getting mugged, raped and humiliated and the same time... I can get it for less than one tenth of this price. Perhaps we can cut some deal

BTW, that "Tuzemák" you're so fond of isn't actually a real rum since there is no treacle nor sugar reed involved in it's production. Alcohole it contains is usually made by distillation of potatoes with some synthetic stuff added to make it taste like rum. Just thought I'll mention it to let you know what you were really drinking...

sounds like irish moonshine Poítín.
have you tried Havanna Club? must be expensive over there since becky said that all imported stuff is very expensicve... but it is a good rhum. just dont drink 3/4 of the bottle by yourself...
sailor jerry's is a good dark rum. bit Vanilla(though they recently made it less so sadly) and I am yet to find someone who doesn't like it. It also has a nice bottle which I like

£15 at sainsbury's currently I think.

If i cant be botherd to go into town I usually just go to the corner shop and get Morgans Spiced. :up:
You can't beat Mount Gay rum and Tescos have started selling it
Captain Morgan's Dark Rum is very nice
Quote from spacedskunk :Captain Morgan's Dark Rum is very nice

This is what I've ended up buying. Doesn't smell quite the same (stronger and not as sweet) but should suffice. Will find out in the afternoon.
Someone grab a camcorder and watch Bob go down on her

ON A POOL TABLE
Quote from ajp71 :You can't beat Mount Gay rum and Tescos have started selling it

damn right

but what about E.S.A.Field white rum? :3
I like Angostura 1919, maybe the purists disregard it since its made from molasses instead of cane syrup, but atleast it got 8years in some fine burbon barrels.

That is if you like to sip it like scotch.
Cpt Morgan and coke... mmmmmhhhhhh, sexy
Quote from zeugnimod :Will TVE get there in time?

The Very End arrives on time, fear not my lady!

niall09 - agree on that one, a good combo.

Picture - Proves my point, right in time!
Attached images
39014_1602821353183_1315578352_31639773_5793097_n.jpg
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG