The online racing simulator
I agree Thomas, there were two drivers who spring to mind that weren't the cleanest shall we say. One was my son, who had never karted before and didn't understand the CRC rules (to say the least). The other I think was a rush of blood to the head....

Let's hope that it will not be repeated next year, as it did spoil the spirit of the day, and I saw that it was team 1 who seemed to be on the receiving end of most of it

Apart from that, I thought everyone else drove with upmost sporting behaviour, except me (see below)

I was about to overtake Dave (stormcloud, my own teammate in lfs), had 2 cars behind, and braked quite late going into the corkscrew. I got it wrong and bumped Dave to the outside. I overtook, said sorry but didn't give the place back due to the 2 cars behind... Really sorry for that one Dave, was a genuine accident with the bump, but I still should have given the place back no matter how many places it cost me..
I personally cant see any problem at all with divebombing myself, presuming there is no contact of course, a typical racing thing that i for one would expect in something such as karts, quite a common place move i would expect?

I had it done to me plenty of times, but all i could think was, if it was possible for someone to divebomb me then i couldnt have been driving a tight enough line to start with.
Well I didn't divebomb as such, it was more like punted him to the outside.
Quote from jasonmatthews :I was about to overtake Dave (stormcloud, my own teammate in lfs), had 2 cars behind, and braked quite late going into the corkscrew. I got it wrong and bumped Dave to the outside. I overtook, said sorry but didn't give the place back due to the 2 cars behind... Really sorry for that one Dave, was a genuine accident with the bump, but I still should have given the place back no matter how many places it cost me..

Wrecker. lol
Just spent the last 8 hours on the video. It's 11 minutes long! Should be uploaded in a couple of hours. I have to say, I'm very happy with how this video turned out; there's lots of action and some good helmet cams. Thanks to dollarek, adamlfs, brood and NickA who provided me with the helmet footage.

EDIT: I reckon the video won't be uploaded until tomorrow because the rendering is going to take around 2 hours, and the uploading itself will probably take a couple more. Good things come to those who wait.

On the subject of driving standards, there was a lot more bumping and ambitious overtaking this year. The video proves it, as does my first-hand experience. I got a tad annoyed while I was driving the slow kart; people had so much more speed than me, and yet still bumped me every time they lapped me! But, that's life. Overall it was still an exciting day's karting.
Great, looking forward to it, last years was great
Quote from felplacerad :

I am not a saint, Becky can vouch for this - But I really think we all could help to improve the fun and racing quality by trying to remember the basics of racing that this sim of ours has taught us!

If I recall correctly, Becky got black flagged for aggressive driving
The pace was quicker, the racing was very physical and amongst the toughest I've ever done.

Part of that is because of the nature of racing slow vehicles with wheel surrounds on a tight track. If you put an iron spike on the steering wheel you'll get a different kind of racing.

It could have been cleaner, and probably would have been if the pace wasn't so high.

I expect next year to be tougher still as more drivers will be near the limit. But I don't think standards will improve markedly without going to twin engines where the increased speed will create a different kind of racing.

That's not to condone bad driving, there are limits to what is acceptable and what isn't and that difference isn't always known to less experienced racers.

I'll always go for a gap, I'll always run you wide, I'll readily lean on you - but I'll never deliberately crash you, even in revenge.

That said this meeting is less about the karting for me than it is about seeing my boys again, and what happens on the track stays on the track and is quickly forgotten
yay! I hope i get to see the back of my SR helmet in the vid
Quote from cargame.nl :If I recall correctly, Becky got black flagged for aggressive driving

Incorrect. I was black flagged twice for mechanical failures in race 2.
Seriously tempted to buy a helmet for next year and pimp it up
Quote :and what happens on the track stays on the track and is quickly forgotten

This.

I want to appology for two things.

1: Jason, I have a fairly fresh memory of what paint job you are refering to. Let me know how much it costs to fix it, and we'll take care of that. It's not you that should have to pay for drunk guests ruining your house, and you have my full appology, I just got to effing drunk on those ugly drinks from Bob and the big beers

2: Team 4/6. A lot of bad words were said in the heat of the battle, sorry for letting this go out on you guys, it were not needed nor deserved. The racing were too tough, but at least I should have been a sportman admiting my own flaws and seeing.. well that it's just racing! When battling on both physical and mental limits it's doomed to boil over for someone, and mistakes will happend.

Might aswell do a third sorry for language usage, but it can't be helped, it's a bad habbit that needs to go, but such takes time.

I'll more than happy sign up for more of this stuff, the arrangment were solid and great. Wish Becky's Iphone and Google maps were as solid as it
Quote from DavidTiger :
Also transport getting from Scotland shouldn't be too hard

Thats what you think, 11 hour journey down, 12 back up.......fecking trains.

Next time I'm seriously thinking about flying down to Bristol then getting the train across, works out the same cost and should be able to cut the journey time down a bit.
SR team helmets
Quote from Becky Rose :Incorrect. I was black flagged twice for mechanical failures in race 2.

Not for polluting the track?

Ah OK
Attached images
IMG_4155.jpg
Quote from jasonmatthews :Seriously tempted to buy a helmet for next year and pimp it up

I will have to try something different next year also
Attached images
38500_121912397854477_100001071523542_115679_5879256_n.jpg
should effectively 1/2 the journey time doing that mackie!.

@TVE. Next time don't book a flight for 1PM so you have to get the whole car to leave at 6am!!!!
Quote from franky500 :should effectively 1/2 the journey time doing that mackie!.

@TVE. Next time don't book a flight for 1PM so you have to get the whole car to leave at 6am!!!!

Well, I though everyone were going to run after me with forks and flares when they realized the surprise buttsex a... and..(insert personal joke here)..

Joke aside, ofc I will book later next year. It's such a shame I did not get more time talking with you. I enjoyed our little talk on sunday, and if it hadn't been for that I would been in bed sleeping 22.30
Quote from cargame.nl :Not for polluting the track?

Ah OK

Whilst overtaking around the outside through a gravel trap isn't a conventional method, it wasn't what I'd call aggressive. Insane maybe, but it worked.

Likewise I didn't protest being overtaken under yellow.
Quote from The Very End : I enjoyed our little talk on sunday, and if it hadn't been for that I would been in bed sleeping 22.30

I still cannot believe the 3 of us did not notice storm_cloud in the corner until 20 minutes later when Jason told us!.

And i wish i had stayed up later that night, but i have the stream footage so i will have to review that i guess.. although it sounds like theres some bits i need to try and avoid!
Quote from Becky Rose :
Likewise I didn't protest being overtaken under yellow.

not many people did.

Whilst i was doing some timing no fewer than 3 teams that i put the clock on (ours included) slowed down much for the yellows. for instance.

hot lap: 28 seconds, Yellow flag lap: Just under 29 seconds!

although this was later in the 2nd session i was doing this timing and it seems there was a trend going on with almost everybody.
Quote from peterules :I will have to try something different next year also

Yeah i remember that, just before i went out for my first stint of the day, you stood next to me with your visor down in complete silence (much like the stig would do ) before lifting it and saying oh sorry, i was trying to be intimidating!

Quality line that was!
Quote from franky500 :I still cannot believe the 3 of us did not notice storm_cloud in the corner until 20 minutes later when Jason told us!.

And i wish i had stayed up later that night, but i have the stream footage so i will have to review that i guess.. although it sounds like theres some bits i need to try and avoid!

Haha, yeah!

"There is a dude there you know"
"No there isn't"
"Wait.. what the.."

And I have to agree with Jason regarding Arox, he's a great lad. Very friendly, and he is a beast on the track! Even if he did have a good kart, he did drove extremely well. Also he managed to produce one of the biggest stunts at the track, trying to drive over one of the other karts in the hard turn
Quote from The Very End :Also he managed to produce one of the biggest stunts at the track, trying to drive over one of the other karts in the hard turn

I cant remember who it was he was running over but i remember them being "dis-pleased" about it.

Arox got black flagged the very next lap, but it was not for that, it was just because his helmet strap was loose lol.
Quote from The Very End :
And I have to agree with Jason regarding Arox, he's a great lad. Very friendly, and he is a beast on the track! Even if he did have a good kart, he did drove extremely well. Also he managed to produce one of the biggest stunts at the track, trying to drive over one of the other karts in the hard turn

I totally agree, despite the questionable stuff he has posted, and the silly things he has written in the past, he really isnt the same in real life as he could come across by his posting style and content on here, i found him to be a genuinly pleasant lad who knows whats what and had his head screwed on right with a good senisble and logical attitude considering his young age.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG