The online racing simulator
2010 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX (Silverstone)
2010 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX (Silverstone)

http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... mp;stc=1&d=1278585671

Fri 9 July 2010
Practice 1 10:00 - 11:30
Practce 2 14:00 - 15:30

Sat 10 July 2010
Practice 3 11:00 - 12:00
Qualifying 14:00

Sun 11 July 2010
Race 14:00

All times local, BST (UTC/GMT +1)

Race Date: 11 Jul 2010
Circuit Name: Silverstone Circuit
Number of Laps: 52
Circuit Length: 5.891
Race Distance: 306.747
Lap Record: 1:18.739 - M.Schumacher (2004)
Attached images
silverstone.PNG
Silverstone

Race Date: 11 July 2010
Number of Laps: 52
Circuit Length: 5.891 km
Race Distance: 306.747 km
Lap Record: 1:18.739 - M Schumacher (2004)
Any opinion on the new layout? At first I was frustrated to see that they scrapped Bridge and Abbey, but in the end I think it could be interresting, as the average speed will be increased.
Hmm, I throught that local time is GMT + 0, meh I fail
#5 - Bean0
We are in BST, so UTC/GMT+1
Abbey is no loss - it was a dull chicane, and nowhere near as good as the Abbey of old.
Bridge is a major loss. It's like removing Eau Rouge and replacing it with a standard left hander. Sure, the new corner into the new section might be a fast right hander, but it won't quite be as dramatic as Bridge was, in my opinion.

However, I'll tell you what I think of it when I race there in October!
Watched super league formula on the new layout, looks good
Quote from tristancliffe :Abbey is no loss - it was a dull chicane, and nowhere near as good as the Abbey of old.
Bridge is a major loss. It's like removing Eau Rouge and replacing it with a standard left hander. Sure, the new corner into the new section might be a fast right hander, but it won't quite be as dramatic as Bridge was, in my opinion.

However, I'll tell you what I think of it when I race there in October!

Agreed. In fact I mentionned Abbey just because it was introducing the Bridge complex... It was part of the 90s/00s track's personnality somehow, though I don't think the chicane was so much special in itself.

Too bad we will never have the old Abbey+Bridge... This would have the potential to be one of the best section of the calendar IMO. But I guess it would never be possible due to safety issues - this layout was only used for historical races AFAIK.
#9 - J@tko
Quote from tristancliffe :Abbey is no loss - it was a dull chicane, and nowhere near as good as the Abbey of old.

This.
I watched MotoGP (and Moto2) on the new layout. It seemed alright.
Weather to be nice and sunny.

Why doesn't it rain in Britain when you want it to.
Personally I do not think Silverstone is loosing much by cutting out Bridge corner, not much overtaking was done there except one or two ballsy moves from drivers with nothing to loose.
The same could be said for nearly every other corner on the Silverstone racing circuit, but skipping one classic corner to add in two potential overtaking spots is an absolute gain from my position.
Tristan, it seems you are talking about Bridge corner from a drivers perspective, therefore I thoroughly respect your opinion, but the truth is, I am never going to experience Bridge corner so I am quick to overlook that point of view. Sorry.
Fair enough, I see and accept your opinion. However, my argument to that would be:

I also watch F1 to see the drivers at work in special corners, and get pleasure from the spectacle of said special corners. Not much overtaking into Eau Rouge, so surely we wouldn't miss it??? I think not!
Quote from tristancliffe : Not much overtaking into Eau Rouge, so surely we wouldn't miss it??? I think not!

touché
But there are not many other corners at the Spa circuit that are that fast, whereas you have a relatively huge selection of corners took at similar speeds throughout the Silverstone circuit.
According to BBC F1 on Twitter, Senna is out this weekend to be replaced by Sakon Yamamoto. No information as to why.
Quote from DarkTimes :According to BBC F1 on Twitter, Senna is out this weekend to be replaced by Sakon Yamamoto. No information as to why.

Wtf? Yamamoto is bad driver to replace Senna. Anyway, this is the team's decision, but for example Sato is better driver than Yamamoto.
It's on BBC news now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/h ... t/formula_one/8802712.stm

I do have to say that in terms of driving, I fail to see how bringing in someone new will help them finish races, as they'll have to spend several races showing another rookie the ropes. Maybe it's a money thing...
Seems this happened very suddenly because Senna was twittering about cycling the track only 3 hours ago. Of course it's a money thing. The whole HRT outfit is a money thing.

Seems a bit cruel on Senna though to drop him so late. Bad Karma. He may not be the fastest guy on the grid but he s a top top top bloke. This is pretty low from HRT.
#19 - AMB
Quote from Intrepid :Seems this happened very suddenly because Senna was twittering about cycling the track only 3 hours ago. Of course it's a money thing. The whole HRT outfit is a money thing.

Seems a bit cruel on Senna though to drop him so late. Bad Karma. He may not be the fastest guy on the grid but he s a top top top bloke. This is pretty low from HRT.

You give me a headache.
Quote from DarkTimes :Weather to be nice and sunny.

Why doesn't it rain in Britain when you want it to.

Okok, I'll dance.
#21 - 5haz
Quote from zeugnimod :Okok, I'll dance.

Please don't, I'm having a BBQ.

Its certainly going to be uncomfortably hot, if storms do happen it looks like it'll the far South East that gets them, Midlands look like staying pretty dry with a weak cold front hanging around, perhaps some spots of drizzle then. I'd love to see a torrential thunderstorm hit halfway through for the chaos. We could do with some rain my garden has sand dunes in it although being a lightning conductor isn't my idea of a good Sunday afternoon either.
Practice 1:
Just wow!
BBC have got some great camera angles where you can see the cars and drivers working so hard.
The onboards through turn 11 are astonishing, you can see all the movements the drivers are putting into the steering wheel to counter-act the movements of the cars over the bumps in the first 2/3 corners of the new infield section.
Although I didn't see much of the Practice sessions, I have to say that I'm slightly disappointed by the cameras' position in the infield sections... They're quite far from the action. Of course, it'd have been hard to put them somewhere else with those huge runaway areas, but still.
My predictions.
P1 : Webber
P2 : Alonso
P3 : Hamilton
Quote from BlueFlame :My predictions.
P1 : Webber
P2 : Alonso
P3 : Hamilton

WTF.

I predicted exactly the same in the F1 Manager Bets.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG