The online racing simulator
Any chance to save Logitech Z-2300?
(16 posts, started )
#1 - Dmt
Hi,

While doing some cleaning around my room, I pushed the speakers too much in and now it makes annoying static sound which kills brain. Anyone know maybe its possible to fix it somehow?

Buy new ones?
-
(Dmt) DELETED by Dmt
-
(DevilDare) DELETED by DevilDare
The kind of noise when u touch the stereo plug with ur finger? U may want to ask this question in here.
check the connections of all the wires, especially where you most think the tension appeared
#5 - Lible
Did you mean you pushed the membrane of the speaker in? If that's the case a good vacuum cleaner will hopefully do the job .
The membrane or the plastic low sounds speaker?
Quote from Lible :Did you mean you pushed the membrane of the speaker in? If that's the case a good vacuum cleaner will hopefully do the job .

If you break your speakers in future, do not touch them by urself.
Quote from matijapkc :The membrane or the plastic low sounds speaker?

In english please.
The upper black plastic part, almost on top of the speaker or the huge membrane of the speaker almost at the bottom of the speaker.
The upper black plastic part is called as "surround".

I talked to the guy on msn and stuff, only thing where this leads me is a bent voice coil, probably stuck in the field gap somehow. How he described the speaker, this is what i think. Probably needs a replace since opening up this little speaker might take a alot of time and while reassembling it, u gotta be very precise.

Matijapkc, heres something for u.
what do you have to lose, just take that bad boy apart
Quote from logitekg25 :what do you have to lose, just take that bad boy apart

Well, if u open up any speaker, u gotta be careful as hell. When reassemblying it, u gotta be precise as u would do while inspecting a diamond. Speakers must be reassembled so precisely that every 0.1mm can affect the sound quality and parameters. I wouldnt suggest to do that, should be done only by an expert.
well he said he will probably have to replace it alltogether anyways, so i dont see the harm in trying atleast

what are the odds he will mess up that bad
Well, he might not be able to replace them if he damages something even further.
I would just leave it as it is and contact Logitech, they are great at aftersale support.
#14 - Dmt
The upper plastic thing is for fashion there. Speakers are totally fu*ked and I replaced them already, new ones are much better, not original ofcourse.
Quote from hazaky :If you break your speakers in future, do not touch them by urself.

You can send them back to usa or china if you want to, but I've repaired at least 2 pairs of speakers and it was a piece of cake.
Quote from Lible :You can send them back to usa or china if you want to, but I've repaired at least 2 pairs of speakers and it was a piece of cake.

Well, u should notice that z2300 satelitte speakers dont work like "any other" speaker. The metal cone in the center (not sure how it was called) cant be pulled out, u can twist it (usually) and screw it out. About the vacuum thing ... what exactly would u vacuum? The membrane? Why?

I would say that you are either lucky or just even more lucky that u didnt break down ur speakers while "fixing" them.

Edit: The metal cone thingy is placed where usually dust cover's are. So i assume u have just pulled out the dust cover, wich has no quality difference for an average ear. So basically ur just fixing it so it looks good/original lol.

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG