The online racing simulator
autocross improvments/update
(23 posts, started )
could be nice to update the objects abit, like add an extended barrier and an extended chalk line for those long straight aways. so thay are like 3-4 times longer then the orginals.. so u dont lose to many objects to make the straight aways..

and maybe some new objects to play with like, some pit rails, some pitspeed signs, be abel to move the startline and stuff like that..

why dont u guys fill this thread up with stuff u want to see get improved or updated in the autocross..

//MrP
#2 - delis
i think this is quite interesting

My suggestion: if there wont be available to move start positions, then may be allow another one. Original is always on the left side of autocross it will be good to have one on right side of autocross to allow left hand turned track not only right turned... The same on Blackwood Car Park...
elevation of objects, and a true ramp with grip.
Scawen mentioned some time ago that he would love giving more objects and goodies to the autocross editor, but it were not on the nearest to-do list for him.

If this means he'll do it or not I don't know, but at least he is interessed in that thing.

But as you say, having possebility to make elevation changes within the autocross path would be GREAT!

Hopefully Scawen reads this, and see that people are asking for updates. Who knows, he might then get the last confirmation he needs to start working on the autocross editor again
Quote from The Very End :Scawen mentioned some time ago that he would love giving more objects and goodies to the autocross editor, but it were not on the nearest to-do list for him.

If this means he'll do it or not I don't know, but at least he is interessed in that thing.

But as you say, having possebility to make elevation changes within the autocross path would be GREAT!

Hopefully Scawen reads this, and see that people are asking for updates. Who knows, he might then get the last confirmation he needs to start working on the autocross editor again

He will read, he just don't tell to us until he wants...

I have wish:

Longer Barriers
Curbs with barrier 90 turns and curbs with barrier 45 turns
additional ramp for 6 feet high
colourised lines
Small bridge (attached as usual when coming to finish line)
Blue barriers

Able to add angles of some objects (like ramp1 would have more height)
Concrete posts
Since we are on it, I write my wishlist

1: More objects
2: Beeing able making solid objects, like a ordinary fence that will NOT move, no matter what
3: More fun with ramps?
4: Surface editor. Beeing able to chose surface within the car park. Gravvel, road, tarmac, mud/dirt and ice?
5: Bigger surface to play with, let's say double the size of the autocross and skid pad?
6: Beeing able to change elevation within the autocross area
Quote from The Very End :Since we are on it, I write my wishlist

1: More objects
2: Beeing able making solid objects, like a ordinary fence that will NOT move, no matter what
3: More fun with ramps?
4: Surface editor. Beeing able to chose surface within the car park. Gravvel, road, tarmac, mud/dirt and ice?
5: Bigger surface to play with, let's say double the size of the autocross and skid pad?
6: Beeing able to change elevation within the autocross area

and more objects as amount of placed objects in track
I am not sure if I want more objects, I guess it would create a LOT more lag

But they could make the barriers longer, like twice distance. Then we would not need to have that many objects to make some propper layouts.
wow.. never thought that this thread would live up again.. lol..

yes.. as i mention on the top, longer barriers and longer lines for those long straights so u dont lose so much objects to create straighs..
be abel to select more then 1 objects at the time to just move around..

so u dont need to delete an corner for exemple just to move it..
Quote from Mr_Lonely :be abel to select more then 1 objects at the time to just move around..

so u dont need to delete an corner for exemple just to move it..

Lets just hope that Scavier will read this all! wil

Don't we all want the best for LFS?
be abel to add pit boxes.. yes u can use the reset as a repair on autocross, but u aint refilling the gas tank on the reset..
Rather than having a whole new AutoX track for dirt, how about just extending the current AX track (The 'hidden' go-kart track is pretty pointless) out to the left (of the start line), and then create an object which is a ramp made out of dirt, so that jumps can be made. The AutoX could then have 3 configurations. Tarmac AX, Dirt AX, Mixed AX.

The dirt ramps could also be used on tarmac, however it wouldn't look right until LFS has the ability to 'drag' particles of dirt onto the tarmac.
Quote from Mr_Lonely :... be abel to move the startline and stuff like that.. .//MrP

Maybe i'm not understanding correctly, but you can put the 'startline' wherever
you want using the editor and pressing 's'. Although maybe you mean the
starting grid which only works if you don't put a startline yourself.
well it was the start"grid" i ment..
Changes to AU1 Autocross area
As existing tracks are in process of being updated, maybe also update the original AU1 Autocross area?

As has been asked for before, and maybe fairly simple to do, widen the existing AU1 car park area, so that it's at least twice as wide ...

I don't suppose its as easy as cut and paste like I did, but ...!

When trying to do scale model of a real track, the length is ok, but width is far too narrow.

Dim down the painted lines (white, yellow and red) on the light grey car park. Make them look much more worn out. This is because they're so bright they can look like the lines you can place from the AutoX editor.

Also. The track is off the cardinal points by half a degree or so - can this be fixed? It's annoyed me for years when I've been putting walls and lines down at zero or 90 deg, and they don't exactly follow the track.

And. Can track be raised to at least Z = 0.5 or 1. This is to allow partial submerging of objects, which can't be done at moment as Z zero is ground level.

Maybe join existing large car park to small car park (at bottom of image). This area is an invalid position if you want to build bridge over the fence and place pit boxes here.

Not in above image, but to right of blue tent and the 4 trucks is another small track area. It has bit of a go-kart track built. Could this be utilised too? Would be great place to site a disused, slightly crumbling, overgrown, highly banked oval. Like the Autodrom Sitges Terramar oval?
Attached images
Autocross.png
Ahh, missed that update Frown
All tracks are now being updated to be compatible with the new lighting system and according to devs' posts - they're gonna be released all together in one update. Also Scawen stated that he wants to release the new tyre physics with this updated,but also he stated that it's just a wish which may not come together.
Let's just wait and see.

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG