The online racing simulator

Poll : What is your situation with LFS?

Closed since :
I just look forums, and I do not play LFS or I play rarely
Waiting a new patch, but I still play LFS sometimes
I play everyday or almost everyday LFS
Not anymore interested
I don't play LFS anymore (or if so, very rarely). Still. I follow the forum to watch what is going on, sort of like following a story and waiting to see how it ends. Patch or no patch, how many games survive for more than 5 years, much less than the nearly 7 years LFS has been going on? I think we knew all along with just 3 people on the team, that the pace was going to be slow and that ultimately it would become an outdated game, but that doesn't mean it's not interesting, and there are still over 1000 players online at peak times, although it's not the same players from back in the peak days of racing games 2003 -> 2006.
I play very very rarely , i would rather play an even older game GTL nor because it drives better because it doesnt but it sounds and looks so much better .

Real tracks and real old cars is my cup of tea, even if the driving model is ordinary.
I'm tired playing it since I'm demo racer.
Sometimes I drift to fat oil or cruise around LTC

Just looking around forums and sometimes waiting on the new patch of LFS and wasting my time looking on TV
I completely lost interest in playing LFS, though it's somehow part of my life and gave me a lot so I am reading and posting to this forum from time to time. And somehow I hope the patch will come out this year, which is rather a dream than a reality.
I've lost interest because i like new things, Servers seem to be slowly dieing and most of them are the same. It's rare to see a server like just LX6 racing. Even if there was theres normally like 1 or 2 people on there.
I cannot say its not a good game but i think i just have more fun on iRacing.
Lost interest in the current version. I still think it's a great achievement and hope that the devs can get over their hump to create the game that they originally intended, one which is complete by their standards.
When I say "Waiting a new patch, but I still play LFS sometimes" I really mean I never play lfs unless a league race pops up.. which few are around that have my interest..
Well I'd say I play around 1 day a week, or sometimes 1 day in 2 weeks, but then there are times when I play 2-3-4 hours a day for a week, so its really random. But one time a week is more usual.
I just got iracing tho, so its gonna keep me busy till the rockingham comes. Few years I'd say
LFS is dead or near dead and everyone knows it.

I haven't played LFS for almost a year and a half.
Quote from scoobyrbac :LFS is dead or near dead and everyone knows it.

I haven't played LFS for almost a year and a half.

A shame to hear that so many people have left/will leave/will never come back to LFS.

I still enjoy LFS daily but there seem to be rather more idiotics, rammers, rude people online then back in the day.

The most of the real clean and kind community has left, and will most probably never come back. Which is very dissapointing to me.
My situation with LFS... i feel LFS has cheated on me... i don't know where i stand with LFS...
Never say never.

If the patch turns out to be great I think we'll see many old faces back.

However, it's about bloody time to release new tracks. Cars, physics and all that are of course great, but to keep up with the marked you at least need to manage to make 1 (!!) new track each 4 years IMO.
LFS is like a bad gf for me atm
Im there shes there and occasionally we play each other. But thats it :P
Quote from AstroBoy :LFS is like a bad gf for me atm
Im there shes there and occasionally we play each other. But thats it :P

Semi-Post of the Year 2010
For me, LFS is a way of escaping from real world.

I recently split up with wife and kids, moved home, new girlfriend (high maintenance, and she came into my life after split), have just been diagnosed diabetic, and have major problems with nerves in feet (little feeling except constant pins + needles and burning sensation).

So, I'll stay with it, whether it changes or not.

Also, after over 30 years of playing games (probably most LFS players aren't that old!) with keyboards, got myself a G25 wheel, and now playing LFS with that. Totally different game now.

And I'm so slow!

3 seconds off pb time as AS1 (which isn't exactly the longest of tracks), and easily 20 seconds on the long Aston tracks. (If you want to see how slow, my times are recorded on my server - Sin'rs).

That'll keep me going for few months, then I need to tidy up my LFSLapper scripts and finish off few ideas I was trying for my server.

So, yeah, while I've got computer that works, and can afford to keep my server, I'll be here.

If you're still here, don't expect much of a race from me. Yet.
Quote from sinanju :For me, LFS is a way of escaping from real world.

I recently split up with wife and kids, moved home, new girlfriend (high maintenance, and she came into my life after split), have just been diagnosed diabetic, and have major problems with nerves in feet (little feeling except constant pins + needles and burning sensation).

So, I'll stay with it, whether it changes or not.

I feel very sorry to hear all that.

But keep it up man!

I'll sure be joining your server soon, to have some fun with you
#67 - AMB
Quote from sinanju :And I'm so slow!

3 seconds off pb time as AS1 (which isn't exactly the longest of tracks), and easily 20 seconds on the long Aston tracks. (If you want to see how slow, my times are recorded on my server - Sin'rs).

You'll soon drop those times, once you get the wheel set up to how you like it, with me it can make a BIG difference, I used around 360 degrees when I played LFS like a hardcore nutter it's just important to be able to feel when the car is going to slide etc and obviously with a wheel it's much easier to do imo.
I've been waiting for the new patch to come out but recently I've started to play it more and more, only because a friend has told me about how there are now car mods available for LFS.
Just a friendly notice, remove that link before a mod comes around, or you will get a infraction
Mods and such are violations to the rules, and will result in a infraction if noticed.

Do it quick before Franky touches you :scared:
I still love LFS, racing is in my blood and even though I have iRacing, I still love LFS.
I been playing only on fridays offline for the past 2 months with the exception of a few fridays where i didnt play, but i should be temporarly on servers again early july. Not so much as lost of interest, but not much time to play and zero internet where im at.
I play here and there, but I couldn't care less if a new patch comes out. It's just that I'm doing other things than playing LFS, that's all.
Quote from skywatcher122 :I'm tired playing it since I'm demo racer.
Sometimes I drift to fat oil or cruise around LTC

Just looking around forums and sometimes waiting on the new patch of LFS and wasting my time looking on TV

From what I said before I just bought S2 now I'm going to see what its inside on it

I should go back playing it again XD
Still waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel...

I check the forum because there are still some interesting posts (and people). As far as the sim itself goes, I usually drive a bit -mostly offline- and then get uninterested again. It's just oh so bland and it takes weeks for the flaws to fade from the mind a bit, and then minutes to remember all about em again These days not even the best cars in LFS feel quite right anymore.

Last few months were like this: 1 month iRacing, 2 months nKP, and last few weeks back to iRacing, privileging offline practice and not every day anyway.
Quote :From what I said before I just bought S2 now I'm going to see what its inside on it

pretty much nothing
I just looked at the servers and wanted to race. it's horrible! is cargame now the only server left for s2? It seems demo servers are all there is. That's a pretty bleak future!. Even in low traffic times, there should be at least 2 or more s2 servers with more than 1 racing himself.
it seems being a demo racer is more rewarding than paying for it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG