The online racing simulator

Poll : What is your situation with LFS?

Closed since :
I just look forums, and I do not play LFS or I play rarely
Waiting a new patch, but I still play LFS sometimes
I play everyday or almost everyday LFS
Not anymore interested
I never use the forums and I can't recall the last time i played LFS!

I have been waiting for something to happen for well... 1 year... 1½ years?
Nothing ever seems to happen and I check in on the LFS site less frequently than before, last check was springtime and last check before that was November...

It really is a shame to see that nothing really seems to be happening! It really is a great game but we neeeeeeeeed updates! Really, we do...

I really want the scirocco, I want more tracks, more cars... Well more of everything! More game modes... Whatever, something needs to be done before I will return on a regular basis.
Quote from thelund :Whatever, something needs to be done before I will return on a regular basis.

Looking at your online stats, it looks as if you weren't even here on a regular basis in the first place.
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by SCA-F1
I'll never get tired of LFS, a new patch would just be some more air to breathe with.
Quote from Dennis93 :I'll never get tired of LFS, a new patch would just be some more air to breathe with.

Wow, you stole my words.
Quote from AstroBoy :LFS is like a bad gf for me atm
Im there shes there and occasionally we play each other. But thats it :P

That's called a wife, mate :P
I'm playing only LFS, because it have best physics simulation.
Quote from petervsp :I'm playing only LFS, because it have best physics simulation.

+1. I'm here for the racing, and not the content. Yes, ofc it's cool to try out some new stuff, but after I've been through most of the racing sims out there with downloadable content, I still feel LFS is the best. Even if S3 or a new patch won't ever show up, I'll stick with LFS. IMO that's what LFS is about - Live For Speed, and that has nothing to do with the ammount of tracks and cars.
i play it when my work allows me to, online on weekends, quite less on weekdays.

as much as im concerned, i dont need patch, racing is whats important, give me a bicycle and ill race it with you. SO im more than happy to go and race fox over and over and over again.

Actually, if you spend 2 hours in junkies fox server, you would see more people than they posted here, at evenings there are full races, 32 grid lately. Its been quite empty for few months, but things went for better lately. Cargame is also full and insane fun.

And we had over 100 racers to qualify for UFB league. UFB is not even a regular car! Lfs dieing, lol wat?

ps. my number of forum posts might deceive you, but do check numbertwo on lfsw to see that i play quite enough.
Hi,

I play LFS once a week, but almost never read, nor post in this forum since the few times I did was a poor experience.

Generally I play GTR Evo offline. I like real cars, on real tracks, and LFS is not designed for that. Sounds would need work too.

But I don't think I will use an other sim racing soft more than I did with LFS.

I don't really need a new patch since I mostly used one car on one track, even if I tried to get out of AS3/FZR addiction and I have few not so bad times with other cars too.

And don't forget that 16 % of 42 372 laps is still 6 779 laps on other tracks, more than many have done in LFS.

But those stats are funny for someone that now uses around 200 tracks in Evo.

I think LFS is still the best for online race.

But I am afraid that those who don't care anymore with LFS won't come here to answer this survey.
Haven't played for months.. LFS is on my 'DTM' list.. untill the long awaited patch finally comes..
Are waiting for a new patch, with new cars and new tracks

Will be back when that happens !
started out as a big fan of lfs, bought a g25 played it alot since about a year ago, got bored of it, put it away, got it out again to try then got hooked again another 4 months of playing it, then got bored, sold my g25, remebered it a few days ago, bought a new g25, and im hooked again people may get bored sometimes of lfs but they always comeback, yes the patch is making these intervals in lfs much more common, but as soon as it is realeased and the news spreads i reckon lfs will rise soon pick up again, i for one cant wait
Hm, actualy I got so much bored of no patch coming in near future that I upgraded from S1 to S2 yesterday.
edit: unfortunately today is too much lag :/
Started playing about 4 years back. Bought it straight away without trying the demo, after a recommendation from a knowledgeable sim racing friend. Played the ass off it for the next 2 years pretty much every spare minute of the day, whilst also modding it (since I`m more a modder than an online racer). Must have racked up several hundred thousand miles on all combos during that time easily, but the more I found wrong with the texture mapping and modding possibilities, the less my interest became.

That`s not to say that I only modded it. I did run my own server that always got plenty people in. I found running my own server allowed me to have fun and control the atmosphere, while keeping the ****s out that deliberately ruined races. It also meant I could have real fun on there with other good racers who would rub and bump (sometimes deliberately, sometimes not) and there was no chance of them getting booted when there was absolutely no need.

Eventually, I`d run all combos far more often than I`d like to, and combined with the lack of modding possibilites, physical aspects of the sim that were lacking like multi-threading, the damn skyrocket barriers, way out of date interiors, etc, I went elsewhere.

Still gonna have another little look when another patch comes out, just to see what`s changed, but atm, there is no interest in even opening and looking at it, sadly.
Stopped playing for like a year, but went back when RL things settled down again.
LFS still delivers the thrill in races or fun in cruises. I am not saying that I'm not worrying about its future, but I am still a huge fan of Scawen, Eric and Victor and I cheer for them!

Here is what made me go back and play again. Now I don't visit that often, I mostly pick race server instead, but still, DIDJAY created amazing game place:
Attached images
libreville insim top bar.jpg
Never play. Waiting for new patch.
I still play occasionally because sometimes I'm down in my neck with school work. But a new patch would help make me interested again, even though Z28 is good for me now.
The thing that "reignited" my passion for LFS was my Shifter when I finished it in April. Played a bit too much with it and now its broken, havent really raced in LFS since. But all in all its that fiddling with my reallife and also ingame setups that keeps me interested.
I got bored to lfs and tryed iRacing. Now I play it everyday and cant stop. I'll maybe come back to lfs when new patch comes
I'm more interested in the Funny Pics thread of this forum than LFS itself now.

I'm wondering when the Devs are gonna post a message saying that they stop supporting LFS and decided to move on.
Quote from Maelstrom :I'm wondering when the Devs are gonna post a message saying that they stop supporting LFS and decided to move on.

You can stop wondering, it won't happen anytime soon.
Quote from AProst :Hi,

But I am afraid that those who don't care anymore with LFS won't come here to answer this survey.

I did Prosty.
I never play it anymore, only check the net for updates. Hate the tirephys but the rest of the game is awesome.

also the tracks get boring very quickly.

What is your situation with LFS?
(98 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG