The online racing simulator
High Quality Wire Kits
(17 posts, started )
High Quality Wire Kits

Download links: Main site - LFSDatabase.eu - LFSDB.500servers.net

Template files for quality and precision skinning work based on LFS Viewer 0.6A CMX files. Data was converted directly to vectors from a 3D application, with all details preserved.

Wire: Exact representation of corresponding car to be used as reference.
Mask: Finalize the skin with a nice and clean look. This can also help to reduce JPG filesize.

Fileformats:

PNG - 4096x4096 resolution 8 bit grayscale
AI - Illustrator CS w/ PDF v1.4 compatibility
PDF - v1.5 (Acrobat 6.0)
SVG - v1.0

All files contain transparency and are ready for use. Make sure to import or convert vector files properly in your favorite 2D application - the aspect must be 1:1 or they will not fit. Use "Crop Box" (Photoshop) or similar. Test or compare with PNG version if you are unsure.

Vector layer hierarchy have been simplified for the average user. Advanced users may dig in and make changes to organize the structure. Do not make changes with the purpose of redistribution without permission.

The "by r4ptor" signature should not be removed. Please respect this request.

Comments, bug reports and suggestions are more than welcome. Happy skinning.

Preview:

#2 - 5tag
:faint2:

Hot damn! :bowdown:

This really is a great effort and the recent thread about making wireframes from scratch made me think: "Are there vector wire frames?" ^^

Now I couldn't believe it but the I opened the .ai and rendered the FBM frame in 10000*10000 pixels.

Thank you very much, man! :spin:
#3 - Gunn
You may want to clean up the vector files - many of the 'wires' are doubled. Apart from that it all looks fine.
Stellar work R4ptor! I had been trying to do this myself for a project I was working on with limited success. These vector wireframes could potentially enable me to get the project up and running again. I'll probably be in touch with you by PM in the next few days with details - I hope you'll be happy to discuss it with me and maybe help me take it forward (with full and grateful credit of course!).
Thanks for the feedback!

5tag: I was inspired to release these by that thread. I've had vector wires for more than a year - been using them for skin work in my previous team, and I had planned all along to make them public but I actually forgot all about it

I re-did the whole thing few days ago because I couldn't remember any more if they are fully up to date or not. Now I know for sure they are

Gunn: The "problem" originates from the exporter (and possibly my limited knowledge of Illustrator). The smallest component in Illustrator equals a 3d face/triangle. Overlapping is occurring since none of these faces are sharing points with the neighboring ones. I would have to delete a big bunch manually and that would be too tedious and time consuming.

I'm not aware of any tool AI may have, to make it easier for me to delete the overlapping edges. Feel free me enlighten me if you happen to know about this.

ajcham: I'm always happy to discuss gfx stuff. Fire away ones you are ready, and hopefully I'll be able to help.
#6 - Gunn
Quote from r4ptor :

Gunn: The "problem" originates from the exporter (and possibly my limited knowledge of Illustrator). The smallest component in Illustrator equals a 3d face/triangle. Overlapping is occurring since none of these faces are sharing points with the neighboring ones. I would have to delete a big bunch manually and that would be too tedious and time consuming.

I'm not aware of any tool AI may have, to make it easier for me to delete the overlapping edges. Feel free me enlighten me if you happen to know about this.

I get the same issue too, but I'm not sure if there is a way to correct it and never really found the time to investigate it. I do actually delete them all manually to get the best result - but yes it's a pain in the arse. Could you please check the svg file and see if the problem persists there too? I don't have Inkscape installed any longer and can't check it easily.
Quote from Gunn :Could you please check the svg file and see if the problem persists there too? I don't have Inkscape installed any longer and can't check it easily.

It's the same with SVG.
They are looking really nice, but I agree on Gunn's comment

I tried to work with it in photoshop, but it was a hard time figuring out what to place where.

You might want to combine them into 1 file for both Photoshop and The Gimp.
Quote from rockclan :
I tried to work with it in photoshop, but it was a hard time figuring out what to place where.

Thanks for the comment. Would you care to elaborate how it is hard? The Master Skinners wires are no simpler than these, so I'm puzzled by what you mean.
nice job! :clapclap:
These wirekits are great and since I found them I have used them for every new skin

But just noticed that on http://www.r4ptor.dk/community/LFS/HQWireKits/ some links are mixed up:

RAC link gives the MRT and MRT links to the helmet.
I'm glad you like them. I'll have the mix-up fixed asap. Thanks for letting me know about this
hi is good we boys
These are fantastic - r4ptor, you are a genius! It looks like it was a lot of hard work, and for that you have my undying gratitude!

Edit: thanks alireza, for the bump. I would probably have missed this otherwise Wink
You're most welcome. I'm glad you guys find the kits useful.
Well that was a late response lol Tongue
I have slow internet Big grin

High Quality Wire Kits
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG