The online racing simulator
Anyone on Tiscali/Pipex having problems?...
Hey there, anyone here having dns problems with Pipex/Tiscali for the last day or so?..

Most sites i visit dont respond 1st try and every other nslookup check fails...

Ive tried resetting the router and flushing the ppp and dns caches but its still messing about...

Even on the routers connection check the primary dns (212.139.132.4) fails 90% of the time...

I know Pipex/Tiscali is crap but its the only isp willing to give me 8 meg here, Which i havnt had a problem with until last night...

Im just curious if others are having the same problem or if its just me before i call their stupid illiterate helpdesk at 10p a min...

Thx for look...
#3 - TiJay
Don't call their helpdesk ever, I've been round in circles for hours with the stupid thing in the past. After 2 weeks of constant outage from Tiscali and ****-all support from CS ("Yes, my router is on and pingable, you twunt"), I switched to BT and never looked back.

To be quite honest, I'll be surprised if yours ever starts working again mate.

I realise there's the speed thing, but seriously, drop them. BT's customer service is so much better.
I agree, calling Tiscali is a waste of time. I used to work in broadband tech support, and their service is just non-existent. Half the time they will just argue with you that you don't have a problem at all.
Quote from DarkTimes :calling Tiscali is a waste of time. I used to work in broadband tech support, and their service is just non-existent. Half the time they will just to argue with you that you don't have a problem at all.

OT: me too. does it bother you to call any phone support tech's now, knowing the crap that spews from both ends of the phone call? (it does to me)
It depends. My experience tells me that it's luck of the draw. Sometimes you will get a computer science student looking for some extra cash, other times it's some guy in India who has barely ever touched a computer. I find you're better off sending an email or using online help.

Also it's surprisingly effective to find out the email of the CEO of the company and email them. Their assistants will try to resolve it to avoid the bad PR.
Im just going to leave it and hope it clears up... Its what Tiscali is telling my router to use thru ppp config but its just not there all the time.. Maybe a ddos attack or server swap or something...
#8 - J@tko
Quote from Foilpact :Most sites i visit dont respond 1st try and every other nslookup check fails...

Yep getting lots of "Firefox says no" messages when first loading a webpage. Works fine when I press "try again" though. I've no idea what an nslookup is so I can't comment of the fails of that.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG