The online racing simulator
Update to current Scirocco before release?
If I understand correctly, the Scirocco model that will be in LFS is the 2 litre petrol version from 2008. That particular model has been superseded by a new 2 litre model released this year, and as far as I am aware the only changes are new interiors and an increase in power output from 200 to 210bhp. If so, I assume these changes would be relatively straightforward to implement, and I think it would be great if when we get to drive the VWS it was a current model.

Of course I may be wrong, and there may have been other changes to the car of which I am unaware that would make the task far more complicated. In that case, perhaps it wouldn't be worth the hassle. I guess there may also be licensing issues with Volkswagen, but I am totally ignorant of how such things work, so I don't know about that.

And finally, everyone, I'm not trying to start anything by bringing up the subject of the Scirocco
, so please just stay cool and resist the urge to spam this thread with rants or snarky comments about development progress and delays - it is very annoying and completely useless so keep it to yourself.
We'll have a third generation Scirocco when the second one comes out on LFS.

'Kidding. :B
I don't think that the VWS in LFS has to be up to date. Neither is the RAC, MRT or BF1.

I'm not against, I just don't really care which one it'll be. Those +10bhp can be achieved with Tweak.
I laughted so hard !!! do u understand s3 will not be realeased lol
it is like 2 years they are trying to realease it lol
Quote from breadfan :I don't think that the VWS in LFS has to be up to date. Neither is the RAC, MRT or BF1.

I'm not against, I just don't really care which one it'll be. Those +10bhp can be achieved with Tweak.

But those cars were released several years ago.

It's silly for a car to be out of date as soon as it is released, so I'm sure it wouldn't be very difficult to implement these minor updates so that the car is as up to date as possible.

A game doesn't stand much chance of being very future proof if the content is out of date before it is released
Quote from JPeace :Yeah whatever dude, you've been playing LFS since March, I can see how much of an opinion you have on this subject ...

+1
Quote from JPeace :Yeah whatever dude, you've been playing LFS since March, I can see how much of an opinion you have on this subject ...

He's probably one of those tools that gets bored of a game after 2 weeks and then goes and drops like 200 million dollars for a new one just because he's a spoiled rich kid.
It would take another +2years to update it so nah
I highly doubt that the game won't have any gameplay if the content is out of date. You can barely or hardly compare it to anything real... it will be a new experience in LFS, espeically for those who can't drive IRL (ie. Me =D)

To tell you the truth, I've driven the XRG like 1000 laps around BL1, and XRT a few hundred around FE1R etc. These cars are like late 80s RX7s. So what?

The fact is that the Scirocco might not even arrive. I hold a hope every time I come to the LFS.net to see if there's an update, but everytime, it is the post about the server move post Feb. 9 2010.

+1

Quote from GenesisX :I highly doubt that the game won't have any gameplay if the content is out of date. You can barely or hardly compare it to anything real... it will be a new experience in LFS, espeically for those who can't drive IRL (ie. Me =D)

To tell you the truth, I've driven the XRG like 1000 laps around BL1, and XRT a few hundred around FE1R etc. These cars are like late 80s RX7s. So what?

The fact is that the Scirocco might not even arrive. I hold a hope every time I come to the LFS.net to see if there's an update, but everytime, it is the post about the server move post Feb. 9 2010.

I've always seeing that there is no update since that server move but at least devs use that lfs.net as an update of what they doing but seems its odd
We will have the second generation Scricco when they are up to the 5th generation irl if at all.

+1 True!
Quote from ajcham :
Of course I may be wrong, and there may have been other changes to the car of which I am unaware that would make the task far more complicated.

Yep. For example the improved air-condition, the soundsystem and the navi. These mess up the whole balance, fuel consumption and exhaust temperature so much that it'd take years to get it close enough to the real VWS and therefore worthy to be released.
@Bandit: +10*10^100000000000000000000000000000:

They'll probably have a new exterior trim, like a racing strip or a sticker from the dealer... That might change the aerodynamics of the car.
Quote from Bandit77 :...improved air-condition...

OMG Air condition in LFS
if only that happens I loled about it
I would love to know when than tha sirocco will be realesed ?
its a question for Devs
Quote from Udris1992 :I would love to know when than tha sirocco will be realesed ?
its a question for Devs

so, you are long enough in the forum to know that S3 will never be released, but you did not get that those question are totally not neccessary?

... that tells me a lot, seriously!
we've been waiting 2 years for the VWS. Surely it will come this year atleast?
Quote from -=SB=- :we've been waiting 2 years for the VWS. Surely it will come this year atleast?

Really I dont think so it will be realeased 2012 year 21 december when we all will die
Quote from -=SB=- :we've been waiting 2 years for the VWS. Surely it will come this year atleast?

on the phone your date tells you that she'll meet you at the pub at 7pm.
you wait.
at 7.15 she's still not there.
you call her, asking her when she comes.
she says 7.30 and sorry for the delay... she tells you she's got her reasons.
then it's 7.45, still she's not there.
at 8.00 you call her. no answer.
at 8.30 you call her again, maybe a bit upset. you might even leave a message.
no answer.
it's 8.30 and still she's not around.

and now you really think she'll be there at 9.00?????
#21 - AMB
Quote from Bandit77 :on the phone your date tells you that she'll meet you at the pub at 7pm.
you wait.
no answer.

We don't need to hear about your girlfriend problems, it's pretty obvious she's 'busy' if you know waaah I mean....

As for the Scirocco it will be here in 2009, read the website ffs.
At this point I can only laugh at the pessimistic whiners (Tomba) on this forum who, clearly have nothing better to do then just that.
#23 - VoiD
I´m just shocked that you still read his posts...
Quote from Bandit77 :on the phone your date tells you that she'll meet you at the pub at 7pm.
you wait.
no answer.

LOL get a new date
-
(Stiggie) DELETED by Stiggie

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG